• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When was the last time Juventus did not use the 3-5-2 formation? And what was the score?

I'm not sure, but we *switched* mid game a couple of times.

We scored 2 on Gala after going 4-3-3. But Isla was still in WB-mode and forgot that he was supposed to be our RB apparently.

FootballFan

I'm not sure, but we *switched* mid game a couple of times.

We scored 2 on Gala after going 4-3-3. But Isla was still in WB-mode and forgot that he was supposed to be our RB apparently.

You still remember that game at the Toilet Seat when Del Piero scored those two beautiful goals? You guys had Olaf Mellberg and Manninger playing I believe, great game.

As for the 4-3-3, I believe Juve possess the stamina to play in that system and it would suit their personnel also. Send an E-Mail to Conte and ask him kindly to change formation.

4-3-3 > Everything else (Besides maybe 3-4-3)
It is known.

Zabojnik

As for the 4-3-3, I believe Juve possess the stamina to play in that system and it would suit their personnel also. Send an E-Mail to Conte and ask him kindly to change formation.

Conte doesn't believe we can go back to 4-3-3 without Simone Pepe. Pepe is never going to recover from his injury. He's been out a year and it doesn't seem that he's getting better after the operation. We're doomed to play with 3-5-2 until another Pepe is born.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Aaah, my eyes! My beautiful eyes!

Only watched the first episode, but I find it hilarious how only the psychiatrist sees her as the hot young woman.

You'll know why later.

It's all dumb fun don't take it seriously.

You still remember that game at the Toilet Seat when Del Piero scored those two beautiful goals? You guys had Olaf Mellberg and Manninger playing I believe, great game.

4-3-3 > Everything else (Besides maybe 3-4-3)
It is known.
Oh I do! We always deliver against Madrid, even in friendlies! But I don't know, we look pretty vulnerable this season. Or rather prone to defensive mistakes. You know we're not ourselves when you see Barzagli, of all people, committing an error.

Yeah, It's ridiculous how much better we're with 4-3-3. It's tailor made for Marchisio and The Lich King, in particular.

Conte doesn't believe we can go back to 4-3-3 without Simone Pepe. Pepe is never going to recover from his injury. He's been out a year and it doesn't seem that he's getting better after the operation. We're doomed to play with 3-5-2 until another Pepe is born.

We might as well turn Pogba into a wingback. I don't think I have ever seen him fuck up a single cross.

Yen

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho
Harry Redknapp autobiography claims that if he would have been in charge of England at Euro 2012, Brendan Rodgers would have been his No.2.

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho
Harry Redknapp autobiography claims that if he would have been in charge of England at Euro 2012, Brendan Rodgers would have been his No.2.

"Ee got those Swansee cunts playing pwoper football so i rekon he cuda done the same for the Ingerland boys".

Clegg

Lots of articles in today's papers about United being keen on extending Januzaj's contract but probably having to break their wage structure to do it. Also mentions of having his father being a reason for the delay in signing the contract.

United linked with Zakaria Bakkali too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"This isn't about them giving the England job to me or Roy Hodgson, but English football being run by people who really haven't got a clue - and they get to pick the England manager," he said.
"Everyone said I was the people's choice, the only choice. All the senior players seemed to be up for me to get the job.
"I got quite a few text messages at the time from players saying they would love me to manage England: Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry.
"But the FA went for Roy Hodgson to be the England manager - a man who is more their cup of tea."

Redknapp, who was manager of Tottenham when the decision was made, said he wanted Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers - then with Swansea City - to be his assistant.

"My thinking on Brendan was this: if he can do it with players from the lower leagues at Swansea what can he do with Rio and Terry or Rooney and Gerrard?" he added.
"So when Tottenham played Swansea on 1 April, 2012 I pulled Brendan after the game and said that if all the speculation about me and England was true would he consider coming to the European Championships in the summer as my part-time coach?
"I told him I wanted England to play with as much technical ambition as Swansea. He was up for it.

"Some Tottenham fans might think I was distracted from my club job, but I can assure you the conversation took five minutes. And we beat Swansea 3-1 that day."
Redknapp's side won just twice in 10 matches following Capello's resignation as Spurs failed to qualify for the Champions League.

He was sacked in June 2012 before taking over at QPR the following November.

Fuck you, Harry. From the bottom of my heart, fuck you.

Mastadon

Banned
Sam Allardyce and Neil Warnock were both on Talksport this morning saying that Redknapp would have done much better than Hodgson has. Also compared Januzaj to Chris Waddle.

Why would Rodgers want to be a number 2? Delusional.

Lots of articles in today's papers about United being keen on extending Januzaj's contract but probably having to break their wage structure to do it. Also mentions of having his father being a reason for the delay in signing the contract.

United linked with Zakaria Bakkali too.

Mmmmmm foetuslicious.

3Sixty

iqn1DNIGXR2yd.gif

Best part of MOTD

lolololol

sooooooooooooooogooooooooooooooooood

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm taking it as wonderful, over-the-top entertainment. It's fun, I'm not trying to overthink it like I do/did other shows.

Yup, that's the right attitude!

I could never predict where the story was going, a rarity these days.

S1: The story of the house
S2: Mental Asylum (with flashbacks and forwards)
S3: A witch coven

kharma45

It's a lot to pay for a kid but we need to keep him, and even it was the upper figure it's still half what that cunt Young gets.

Kiraly

Pokemanz hype is starting to build...

Can't fucking wait, but feel like every thread on GAF is a spoiler about it. Haven't seen the starter (first) evolutions yet, and would like to keep it that way. Are they in the OT opening post? Need to read something haha.

You cunts in this thread had already spoiled Charizard X for me. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We were never in for Adnan. There's nothing about it in Italy except for the Mirror's report.

It's a lot to pay for a kid but we need to keep him, and even it was the upper figure it's still half what that cunt Young gets.

Or Welbeck.

Into

Considering how Juve have played, the spotty defense, we should be thrilled with our Serie A start, especially considering we had a pretty insane fixture list.

The CL shit is depressing, luckily this Real team is beatable, and players will take Real more seriously than Copenhagen and Galatasaray. The whole team will play better as it is a huge game.

Zabojnik

Considering how Juve have played, the spotty defense, we should be thrilled with our Serie A start, especially considering we had a pretty insane fixture list.

The CL shit is depressing, luckily this Real team is beatable, and players will take Real more seriously than Copenhagen and Galatasaray. The whole team will play better as it is a huge game.

Yeah, that's what I said yesterday. We can't possibly go on making all these silly defensive mistakes forever, can we?

Dunno about our chances in CL. We fucked up pretty bad with those two draws.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just saw Bonucci's deflection on Milan's second goal. Dat deja-vu.

Off the top of my head, that's probably his 5th goal on Buffon.

-

Conte inadvertently trolling Giovinco. :(

Antonio "Giovinco finally scored a decisive goal. I am happy for Seba, as he gets too much criticism from the Juve fans. It’s not fair, as he is as good as the other strikers and needs support. I hope the rapport with the supporters can improve because of this goal.”

Ushojax

Andros Townsend:

“Apologies to any fan that paid good money to watch that yesterday...... We will come back stronger for sure!”

I'm liking him more and more. Definitely our best player yesterday, worked harder than everyone else.

Ushojax

Interesting article on AVB.

Look at what he did at Spurs with the same group of guys versus Redknapp, and you see nearly identical offensive shot stats, but the defense got much tighter. As a result, Shot Dominance ramped up. This year, you’ll probably see that improve slightly again.The key to winning the league, however, will be improving the shots on target numbers to closer what they were at Porto (Premier League average is about 32.5%). It could still happen, since Spurs have better personnel in nearly every spot except whatever role Gareth Bale was actually playing.

That said, they are still integrating the new players into the offense, and they still have some fairly serious issues defending set plays, which thus far in the season is hurting the shots on target numbers at both ends.

I would be shocked if Spurs don’t make the Champions’ League this year. Despite massive spending disadvantages compared to the rest of the top teams, they might even be a reasonable dark horse contenders to the league title.

This would not have happened under Harry Redknapp.

All data used in this piece is from Opta.
We're still going to win the league...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom