• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Adnan really being that hyped?

By United fans, sure, but the media/general football fans? Not really, he rescued United from defeat and deservedly made headlines, but that is about it. Him being United's only 'wonderkid' gives him attention singlehandedly to be honest.

Papers are photo shopping him in an England kit. Half of Yahoo's sport stories seem to be about him.

omgkitty

Is Adnan really being that hyped?

By United fans, sure, but the media/general football fans? Not really, he rescued United from defeat and deservedly made headlines, but that is about it. Him being United's only 'wonderkid' gives him attention singlehandedly to be honest.

He's got like a 90 potential in FIFA 14.

Salvadora

Rosicky isn't going on the internationals! Thank God.
Papers are photo shopping him in an England kit. Half of Yahoo's sport stories seem to be about him.
Right, I suppose that stupid owl Hodgson had something to do with that though.
He's got like a 90 potential in FIFA 14.
What the fuck :lol.

To be fair I'm nearly sure I remember reading the line, "The new Ryan Giggs" in the Sunday Times this week.

And only have one real quality player coming through with first team potential speaks volumes about their youth system.

Don't agree with this, United produce plenty of players, just not world class ones. And apart from Barca, what other top club can boast to have at least 3 players that have come from their youth team as a first team regular in the squad?

Wes

venison crêpe
Man, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is proper S.H.I.T. The first two episodes were truly awful.

iBCfa9g7q9NVL.gif

I'll probably keep watching.

Salvadora

Think I said it in the OT, but Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is indeed shit and what I imagined a Marvel T.V series to be. Like, it's really really bad.
By the way, what is wrong with Löw that he has already nominated Götze again?
ElTopo, what are the chances that Mertesacker gets a rest? I don't know the CB options for the German national team, but he's playing in every one of our matches and I'm a bit worried.

Timurid

Don't agree with this, United produce plenty of players, just not world class ones. And apart from Barca, what other top club can boast to have at least 3 players that have come from their youth team as a first team regular in the squad?
Madrid can, but they dont. Roma.

Yeah, we need a reliable penalty taker.
Cerci is awesome, he fully deserves it

And I swear If we use Pirlo for 180 minutes again my head is going to explode

I hope Cerci gets some good minutes at the world cup next year. He totally deserves it.

As Timurid said Roma. Also Arsenal, Jake and Gibbs and hopefully soon to be Gnabry.

Also Bayern, they have Lahm and Bastian plus the whole of the Bundasliga is just the Bayern youth team. :p

Blablurn

Yesterday I lost a bet in the last second. i was so pissed. today something else happened that pissed me off and so i bet on a random russian game. 0:0. corner in the 87th minute and i was like: "no way, they will score now"

what happens

ibbnKKper0EQig.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Shanks

27 - Francesco Totti has created 27 goalscoring chances, more than any other player in this Serie A season. Brazil?

solid Homeland ep last night... dunno if anyone's still watching lol

LOOOL thanks for reminding me! S301 was solid too.

I even mentioned his quality in that other thread in OT about Football not having much popularity in the US. Gio popped up with the goods.

<3 arkon

Carbonox

Returned to England earlier today. Coming out of Luton airport and the whiff of mediocrity hit me so hard I nearly fell over. Till next year, Hungary. Love it so much over there.

We bought Gnabry a year ago from Stuttgart. Not sure that counts.

But he was playing with the youth/reserves before this season.

Yurt, he was first in Europe until the weekend and now down to third, he did not do much creating at the weekend, just finishing :D.

Prandelli just said that he will call him if he is still fit and in form around May. It all will come down to will Totti have the hunger to play. We definitely need his creativity around the box. Imagine him playing behind the likes of Balo, Shaz and Rossi. They would score tons and we would walkthrough the tournament. even if he is 80% fit, i would much rather him as the playmaker than Monto, that useless shite.

Returned to England earlier today. Coming out of Luton airport and the whiff of mediocrity hit me so hard I nearly fell over. Till next year, Hungary. Love it so much over there.

Sounds like a Luton thing rather than an England thing :p

@anyone who has a HSBC e-ISA, is £5,000 the limit per year to pay into it?

As Timurid said Roma. Also Arsenal, Jake and Gibbs and hopefully soon to be Gnabry.

Also Bayern, they have Lahm and Bastian plus the whole of the Bundasliga is just the Bayern youth team. :p

Bundesliga is miles ahead of other leagues in terms of their youth set-ups. Man Utd have Welbeck, Evans, Cleverly etc in their first team squads. Just because Januzaj is the only current player from the youth squad making the step-up to the first team, doesn't mean the set-up United have is terrible or flawed.

Carbonox

Sounds like a Luton thing rather than an England thing :p

Luton is trashy, that is true. Despicable excuse for a town.

Still, all my family is over in Hungary and that realization you're back to nothing (bar work and friends) sucks.

Gonna go back earlier next year.

Did keep tabs on the footy though (apart from yesterday's results which made me laugh Spurs-wise).

Rosicky has been offered a new contract. Yay!

Sagna and Mertesacker next please!

Really??? I like him, but he is injury prone and pushing on. I guess it is good that he is an experienced player.

Sagna is a must, it is fucking disgraceful that he has less than 12 months on his contract, how the fuck do we get ourselves in this situation??????????????????????

Bundesliga is miles ahead of other leagues in terms of their youth set-ups. Man Utd have Welbeck, Evans, Cleverly etc in their first team squads. Just because Januzaj is the only current player from the youth squad making the step-up to the first team, doesn't mean the set-up United have is terrible or flawed.

In today's market, having one or two youth players making it as a first-11 player at a top English club is a big success. I think McLaughlin is nearly a certainty to make it at Liverpool unless his head is turned, and Sterling/Ibe should be in and around the first team for as long as they're here. Kelly...fuck knows. I have a bad feeling that Suso will play okay when he comes back, but fail to score the goals or get the assists that are necessary to hold down a place in our attack, and end up leaving in summer 2015 (#Nostradamus)

We also have this lad called Rossiter who by all accounts is displaying ability well beyond his years, but I haven't seen him play myself. Sterling and Ibe to be fair were bought in by the club when their potential was alrady clear, so half the credit at least should go to QPR and Wycombe respectively.

If we can go into say 2017 with 2 youth players in the first 11, and 3 more being in the regular squad, without dropping in the table, that'd be okay I think

L1NETT

Just because Januzaj is the only current player from the youth squad making the step-up to the first team, doesn't mean the set-up United have is terrible or flawed.

My point is the 3 biggest clubs in England (arsenal, Liverpool and United) should, due to their status and catchment size, produce a stream of top english and some foreign youth players. There should be generations and nuclei of groups of english players coming through, not one Belgian Waffle.

Where are the next generation of scholes, giggs, Beckham, Butt, Neville etc...

I can see it at Arsenal and Liverpool, not at United. Not saying they don't produce good players, KidA admirably keeps us informed of the goings on in the reserves etc. but it's pretty clear summat is different at Untied compared to the two other english giants.

Not flawed, just not as efficient or productive as it should be.

I can..

io76A4UpoFQrf.gif

The look in his eyes.
KuGsj.gif

Why do I love him? Is it his looks? Is it the fact that Roma have the best kit in the world? Is it his loyalty? Does supporting Suarez just make one accept such cuntitude? My reaction to that gif should be 'what an absolute twat.' Instead, it was 'lol'

I always find it weird when people go on about the likes of Giggs and Xavi being loyal when they've been winning things constantly, while Totti is overlooked

Why do I love him? Is it his looks? Is it the fact that Roma have the best kit in the world? Is it his loyalty? Does supporting Suarez just make one accept such cuntitude? My reaction to that gif should be 'what an absolute twat.' Instead, it was 'lol'

I always find it weird when people go on about the likes of Giggs and Xavi being loyal when they've been winning things constantly, while Totti is overlooked

I lol'd too, so it's defiantly not having a cunt that makes you love cunts cause we ain't got any cunts at Manchester.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

He's my all time favourite cunt.
KuGsj.gif

Link pls.
No.

Salvadora

Arsenal have some really exciting young players at the moment.

Bellerin, Toral, Olsson, Zelalem, Gnabry, Akpom, Crawley (sorry Wes) and so much more. Players that definity can progress to the first team. There is a lack of young promising CBs which is a concern, as that is the area we need strengthening the most.

Sounds like Beyond is in for a rough ride when the reviews hit. Oh well, still day one for me.

Think I'm stuck on Bioshock 2. Have a battle with a Big Sister, my objective is to kill 2 Big Daddies afterward (complete with 2x2 Little Sister protection sequences), got no ammo, no money and no first aid kits. Oh, and there are strong splicers all over the place.

Gonna have to turn it to easy if I'm allowed, or watch the rest of it through a Let's Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom