• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

There'll be some backlash from fans if Adnan leaves in the summer. I don't think the club will get away with it like they did with the Pogba situation. Januzaj is a proper senior team player now and has made a very positive contribution so far.

Manager

Dzeko really should go to Dortmund. He was so good in Germany and they'll be in desperate need of a true CF. Perfect fit. Should have happened this summer to be honest.

I did not see the article but it doesn't surprise me. He is just a guy who when he is on, is almost unbeatable but when he's off, you can see it just weighs on him heavily and he isn't the same player. I love his hold-up play and he can be a very dangerous passer, so I think most any team would be lucky to have him, but he needs the right situation to really excel, and it's clear that this isn't it, especially with his direct competition playing better.

Pellegrini won't stop talking about "2 players for each position" though, which is probably why he wasn't sold this summer. It's a pretty ridiculous situation though, since they bought strikers for ~£40m this summer when both Dzeko and Aguero was already there.

I could see him buying a left midfielder and then let either Nasri or Silva, who are there now, playing supporting striker, which I suppose Isco did at Malaga (?) but Aguero is doing now. Then you'd be able to sell Dzeko. Plus, if Lopes is as good as he looks he'd be able to cover left too next year in case of injuries.

Still, there are so many versatile players in the squad so Pellegrini probably must start thinking to maybe trust that and maybe not need 2 for each. It's ridiculous that players like Rodwell or Jovetic barely make the bench.

But, on the other hand, you have United and Arsenal who seem to have 2.5 players for each position (27/28 player squads)

Philippe "Barbie" Mexes banned for 4 matches .

Fuck yeah, it's Bonera time.

Fuck yeah, we'll be in Serie B in no time.

Edit: San Siro banned for one match.

Because our fans put out and said some things against Naples. NAPOLI FANS DID THE SAME FUCKING THING AGAINST THEIR OWN FUCKING CITY.

I give up. I literally give up. I can't take this anymore, it doesn't even begin to make some sense.

omgkitty

Pellegrini won't stop talking about "2 players for each position" though, which is probably why he wasn't sold this summer. It's a pretty ridiculous situation though, since they bought strikers for ~£40m this summer when both Dzeko and Aguero was already there.

I could see him buying a left midfielder and then let either Nasri or Silva, who are there now, playing supporting striker, which I suppose Isco did at Malaga (?) but Aguero is doing now. Then you'd be able to sell Dzeko. Plus, if Lopes is as good as he looks he'd be able to cover left too next year in case of injuries.

Still, there are so many versatile players in the squad so Pellegrini probably must start thinking to maybe trust that and maybe not need 2 for each. It's ridiculous that players like Rodwell or Jovetic barely make the bench.

But, on the other hand, you have United and Arsenal who seem to have 2.5 players for each position (27/28 player squads)

We have 3 CB's. THREE

We also only have one great striker.

Gorgeous. I thought you were a Cardozo hater and wanted him gone this summer? Or is that rvy?

i didn't want him gone but i was indeed expecting him to be gone, due to the rift with Jesus.

everyone came to their sense, thankfully.

Jesus does need to go.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gorgeous. I thought you were a Cardozo hater and wanted him gone this summer? Or is that rvy?

It was Zabo. He wanted him sold to Juve.

NAPOLI FANS DID THE SAME FUCKING THING AGAINST THEIR OWN FUCKING CITY.
That was brilliant.
KuGsj.gif

Manager

We have 3 CB's. THREE

We also only have one great striker.

According to this:
http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/fc-arsenal/startseite/verein_11.html

You currently pay weekly salary to 3 goalkeepers, 7 defenders, 9 midfielders, 5 wingers and 4 strikers. I don't understand why Arsene won't trim it?

I know some of them have high salaries, a problem City had. But City shipped them off just to get them away from the training ground (while paying most of the salary), so at least they wouldn't rot in the reserves.

edit
City currently have 3 goalkeepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers, but it was worse just last season and the ones before that.

arkon

"Eat shit, Hong Kong Girl!"

Fantastic.

That's what the guy who was kneeling down and taking all that shit, should have done

jtb

Banned
I haven't been on @NeoGAFShitPosts in a while. It's pretty disappointing, need to post on gaming side more often I think.

lolol, what is going on here, Dan?! Worst uploaded replay ever. ;)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/173231702

p.s. If EA doesn't make the video quality of uploaded highlights better next gen them I am gonna fucking rage!

I don;t understand why replays can't be saved as files like in the old Pro Evos, where you can move the camera around, switch player etc in the replay function. Far, far better than the 'record 5 seconds from one angle with an awful framerate' bollocks. Even if you had to do it in-game, it would be much better than EA's current way imo.

Should just let you do it the way you want in-game for easy sharing, and let you upload the replay from your default angle onto EA's site if you want to share it outside of the game.

Salvadora

According to this:

You currently pay weekly salary to 3 goalkeepers, 7 defenders, 9 midfielders, 5 wingers and 4 strikers. I don't understand why Arsene won't trim it?

I know some of them have high salaries, a problem City had. But City shipped them off just to get them away from the training ground (while paying most of the salary), so at least they wouldn't rot in the reserves.

edit
City currently have 3 goalkeepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers, but it was worse just last season and the ones before that.
Arsenal did and are continuing to trim our deadwood.

It was successful in the summer, but more work is to be done.

omgkitty

According to this:

edit

From that list, the only dead weight in the squad is Frimpong, Bendtner and Park, all of whom's contracts expire at the end of this season.

Manager

From that list, the only dead weight in the squad is Frimpong, Bendtner and Park, all of whom's contracts expire at the end of this season.

You have a couple out on loan too. Is there a future for Jenkinson, Diaby and Miyaichi?

edit
You need CBs and strikers, buying those and your squad will still be huge if you keep all except those three.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How cool would it be if Arsenal/Liverpool, Roma/Napoli, Leverkusen and At.Madrid win their leagues this season?

i1IYRHcIn1uhk.gif

SAVE FOOTBALL

(Football is dead in Ligue 1 no matter what happens)

omgkitty

You have a couple out on loan too. Is there a future for Jenkinson, Diaby and Miyaichi?

I'd say there's a future for all 3. Jenkinson is backup to Sagna, and usually does well, but he's still raw. Miyaichi has been hurt and just needs a run of games to get back up and going, and I feel like if Diaby can get over his injuries, he could come good again, but that's a big if.

bud

According to this:

edit

out of the three other defenders that don't play, two are fullbacks and only one is a centre back. that one cb is vermaelen. thomas vermaelen. please understand. if anything, he needs to get rid of him and add a proper cb backup to the squad.

omgkitty

there is no future for Diaby at Arsenal. there just isn't.

With the amount of money he's made compared to the amount of time he's played, I expect him to come back and be better than Messi and then fuck off to Manchester United or whatever.

Fuck yeah, it's Bonera time.

Fuck yeah, we'll be in Serie B in no time.

Edit: San Siro banned for one match.

Because our fans put out and said some things against Naples. NAPOLI FANS DID THE SAME FUCKING THING AGAINST THEIR OWN FUCKING CITY.

I give up. I literally give up. I can't take this anymore, it doesn't even begin to make some sense.

The Lega is clearly on a crusade against us, which is strange considering how bad we are.

Every group of fans does chants like this. This punishment is far more severe than what the Lega normally does in response to racial abuse.

It's scandalous, really.

Batigol

Banned
So lads, I dislocated my knee this morning. Picking up a coaster. Hurt like a motherfucker. Paramedic says it was the worst he's ever seen lol. Had to be put to sleep for them to put it into place.

Now I'm laid up for god knows how long :|

Zabojnik

The Lega is clearly on a crusade against us, which is strange considering how bad we are.

It's even more strange if you consider that Galliani basically is the Lega.

So lads, I dislocated my knee this morning. Picking up a coaster. Hurt like a motherfucker. Paramedic says it was the worst he's ever seen lol. Had to be put to sleep for them to put it into place.

Now I'm laid up for god knows how long :|

You had such a promising footballing career ahead of you, too. Wait. Picking up a coaster?!

Every group of fans does chants like this. This punishment is far more severe than what the Lega normally does in response to racial abuse.

It's scandalous, really.
I'd get it if we had a strong team, a capable manager and a lot of Messi-level youngsters. It would make some sense, at least, trying to stop us from the outside.

Instead, even with the crappiest teams of all in the past 30 years when Berlusconi has been our president, we have to take this. At this point, I just hope the Uefa doesn't even consider to close San Siro for the Barça match as well, that would mean 50 bucks thrown away for me.
It's even more strange if you consider that Galliani basically is the Lega.
If he somehow still is, then he's doing the shittiest job ever.

deroli

Noooo... Reus and Hofmann are out for two and one and a half weeks each. Add them to our list of injured players and and then even Hannover at home poses a threat. On the other hand, many of those players will hopefully be ready for the following match in Gelsenkirchen. Our squad without Hummels, Bender, Reus, Hofmann, Schmelle in the derby - with Gündogan, Kehl, Sahin, Piszczek also missing - I don't want to even think about the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom