• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Liverpool's captain, Steven Gerrard, admitted "waking up every morning, hoping that nothing would happen and that he would still be here" and he was very active in trying to persuade the Uruguayan to stay. It was an approach that did have some effect.

"I do not know if he prayed but what he said is what he feels because he was talking to me all the time," Suárez said. "Gerrard, for me, is a legend in Liverpool and a great team-mate that helped me a lot.

"His attitude was an extra boost for me to take the decision to stay in Liverpool; both he and the fans of Liverpool influenced much for that. I admire him for the great player he is worldwide. For me he will always be a benchmark and at club level he is the best player I have played with in my career, as a person and as a footballer.

Please god, don't say anything stupid while you're in Uruguay this time, Suarez. Just leave it at this, and don't say another word.

I know this must be a weird question, but why are international breaks so reviled around here? I mean friendlies are one thing but WCQ are much more important than them.

You probably can. The game runs on old ass Quake 3 engine afterall.
My gaming laptop [Medion X6811, i7 6GB RAM & GTX 460M] from 2yrs ago can manage the likes of Crysis and Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. :lol

The only way you won't be able to run the game is if its poorly optimised. And it probably is.

Your post reminded me that I need to check on Arkham Origins. Really overlooked it, must've been all of the next gen hype. All I know is it's got a multiplayer mode now.

Real Madrid have signed 9 year old Japanese wonder kid Takuhiro Nakai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lue6o6FhDC8 - he's seven in this video

i remember that kid a few years back. Barca also have a young japanese wonderkid on their books.

I find it so wrong what they are doing. Makes a complete mockery of european laws and against the ideas of Uefa and Fifa. Also puts so much added pressure on a 9 year old kid.

I guess one rule for Spain and another for the rest of Europe. The EU should just let them fall off the cliff.

Also this is a great read about the Ajax youth system.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06Soccer-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

rvy

Banned
i remember that kid a few years back. Barca also have a young japanese wonderkid on their books.

I find it so wrong what they are doing. Makes a complete mockery of european laws and against the ideas of Uefa and Fifa. Also puts so much added pressure on a 9 year old kid.

I guess one rule for Spain and another for the rest of Europe. The EU should just let them fall off the cliff.

Also this is a great read about the Ajax youth system.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06Soccer-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

You don't like people making money off football otakus who support whichever team a japanese player is on? I mean, plenty of people were up Roma's ass a long time ago.
United just racks in the money from jerseys every year.

Not like Kagawa is any good for them anyway.

It's just bullshit by publishers nowadays to please bean counting hardlycore gamers. They get all excited when the read about big numbers for anything gaming related.

I see, not like I ever bother looking at anything but the size part of recommended reqs.

Hixx

One of the people Poyet has brought with him from Brighton...

Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway.

Yes, that is one person.

KuGsj.gif

Scum

I see, not like I ever bother looking at anything but the size part of recommended reqs.

I mean, the game runs on a modified Quake 3 engine, and yet the want Crysis-esque specs as minimum requirements! :lol
They're probably in league with AMD & nVidia and think they can get us all to rush to out and spend £400+ on new GPUs. ¬_¬

You don't like people making money off football otakus who support whichever team a japanese player is on? I mean, plenty of people were up Roma's ass a long time ago.
United just racks in the money from jerseys every year.

Not like Kagawa is any good for them anyway.

Hey i dont mind it lol, but they have to wait at least 7 years before they see him reach the first team and even that is not guaranteed.

They take a kid out of the comfort of his home country and put him into the ultra competitive real madrid academy. I am guessing RM set his family up with a job in Spain, but what happens in a couple years when they discover he is not up to the level they wanted. They will just cut him and leave him and his family.

Wasn't Oatway named after the QPR squad? I remember when he was assistant manager/player down here for Havant and Waterlooville. He was a coach when Havant played Liverpool in the FA Cup.

rvy

Banned
Hey i dont mind it lol, but they have to wait at least 7 years before they see him reach the first team and even that is not guaranteed.

They take a kid out of the comfort of his home country and put him into the ultra competitive real madrid academy. I am guessing RM set his family up with a job in Spain, but what happens in a couple years when they discover he is not up to the level they wanted. They will just cut him and leave him and his family.

He doens't need to reach any level, he's a marketing tool.

Walking dead season pass was great, but then it builds the whole game around it, not like these half done season pass shit deals from the big games.

I also quite liked battlefield 3's, but then again i got it for like 15 dollars through the Indian origin store.

Mastadon

Banned
He'll form a great couple with Mexes, then.

Haha quite possibly. Honestly he's a fantastic player in my opinion, I was absolutely shocked that a PL team didn't go in for him over the summer. We were linked with him quite a bit, but obviously decided to go for Sakho.

It looks like he's being sold after publicly criticising the Valencia manager and his team mates, so his attitude may be a concern :lol

Guys why haven't we talked about what might be Arsenal's new kit next season. It looks like DOG SHIT

linfordchristietweet0810.jpg

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

fuck Arsenal and Puma. this cant be real. I am hoping it is only some type of prototype.

I heart Nike

omgkitty

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

fuck Arsenal and Puma. this cant be real. I am hoping it is only some type of prototype.

I heart Nike

Puma jerseys always looks so fucking lazy and they all are too damn small. Their XL is like a medium for normal people.

Puma jerseys always looks so fucking lazy and they all are too damn small. Their XL is like a medium for normal people.

yeah, that shirt looks like it is designed to be skin tight like their african shirts for the last world cup, IIRC.

I have two Puma Italy shirts which I am happy enough with.

If you were going to get it to see Ellen in her underwear or check her booty in the shower, don't get it. It's no use.

Nah I really loved Fahrenheit and quite liked Heavy Rain despite both games huge flaws, but meh, I was willing to overlook them for the most part... except that plot hot in heavy rain.

i got heavy Rain day one and stopped playing it after a few hours. Just felt so fucking slow to me. I intend to finish it before the end of the year with the rest of my backlog, but it is right near the bottom.

i doubt I will be buying beyond.

rvy

Banned
Nah I really loved Fahrenheit and quite liked Heavy Rain despite both games huge flaws, but meh, I was willing to overlook them for the most part... except that plot hot in heavy rain.

I mean, it's not worse than HR. At least from YT playthroughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom