• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I absolutely loved Heavy Rain. Haven't seen the Beyond reviews but I bet I'll like it regardless of what others say.

dc89

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Blackpool boss Paul Ince is banned from stadiums for five games and fined £4,000 after abusing and threatening a match official.

Banned from stadiums?! So he can't sit on a phone like Frogson did? Where is that GIF?

Mastadon

Banned
Sakho - Rodgers calls me Killer

Liverpool new boy Mamadou Sakho has revealed Brendan Rodgers has given him an intimidating nickname to help psyche him up for life in the Premier League.

The French defender, who joined the Reds for £17million from PSG, is learning to adapt to his new surroundings, and admits Rodgers is the man riling him up for the challenges ahead.

‘I’m taking English lessons. As for the football, it’s not lived in the same way,’ said Sakho.

‘I’m learning and I listen to the manager’s advice. It’s funny, he calls me Killer.

‘On the pitch I’m trying to adapt to my team-mates and things are getting better and better because I need to communicate.’

Sakho, who burst onto the scene as a 17-year-old for PSG, went on to reveal why he had to leave his boyhood club.

‘I had to quit Paris to get back in the France squad.

‘Being picked again proves many things. That I still have that level.

‘Most of all that I didn’t leave to join a big club because of the competition at PSG.

‘At Liverpool there are also very good players in my position but the competition is clean. At Paris it had become complicated.

‘I don’t want to talk about someone behind their back. I could say many things about certain directors at Paris but there’s no point.

‘I’ve put that behind me and closed the door. The day I decided to leave PSG, I just got on with it.’

dc89

fifa-glitch.gif

Batigol

Banned
BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Blackpool boss Paul Ince is banned from stadiums for five games and fined £4,000 after abusing and threatening a match official.

Banned from stadiums?! So he can't sit on a phone like Frogson did? Where is that GIF?

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

rvy

Banned
Watch it with other people
Try and make sure they are as bro-ey as possible, or at least invested in the fights
Big up Shields on the walk-in: "Shit son. Jake Shields up in this bitch. See that look in his eyes? Last chance for that other dude to get the fuck out of there. Shields is an animal. Et cetera and so forth."
React visibly to every Jake Shields punch or knee like prime Foreman is doing the hitting. Saying things like "Jake bringing the god damn thunder tonight!" is recommended.
When they call the decision, act confident in Shields. If it is a split, act like the judges calling it for the other guy are completely incompetent / blind.
Extol Shield’s standup virtues post fight.
Do not break character.
Do not break a smile.
I'm fucking dying. This can't be real. It's too good.

I think regardless of how you or the media feel about Beyond, it's really exciting that Sony invest in those kind of games.

Looks like their next project could be potentially big.

Inter fans helping Milan and his fans after what happened yesterday:
Inter ultras have shown solidarity with Milan after the closure of San Siro for ‘discriminatory’ anti-Naples chants and the FIGC admit the rules need “reflection.”

The rules introduced to stamp out racist abuse in Italian stadiums have been expanded to include “territorial discrimination.”

Rossoneri supporters had the Curva closed for anti-Neapolitan chants and the recurrence of these insults mean their game with Udinese will be played behind closed doors.

In an unprecedented step, Inter ultras have released a statement showing solidarity with their arch rivals and urging a rebellion all over the country.

“We are ready and we hope that all the Curve will make discriminatory chants so we can have one Sunday with total closure of the stadiums!

“It might be difficult to ensure the bans are simultaneous, but it’s easier to do than to explain!”

Milan have complained bitterly at the use of anti-racism laws to punish insults between Italian cities or regions.

“I understand that racism is a big problem, a worldwide one,” said Vice-President Adriano Galliani. “However, territorial discrimination is something different.

“The rule on that needs to be abolished. All of the Presidents are in agreement with that and I’ve already called Italian Football Federation chief Giancarlo Abete to tell him that.”

FIGC President Abete agreed the rules are open to interpretation.

“I think it would be helpful if there were a period of reflection on the way to apply these rules. We are moving within the international rules, though there are contrasting approaches to different discriminatory situations.
“I want to point out the rules on territorial discrimination in the Italian code have been there for a long time. The only thing that has changed is the degree of punishment.”
This says a lot about the whole situation, really.
Haha quite possibly. Honestly he's a fantastic player in my opinion, I was absolutely shocked that a PL team didn't go in for him over the summer. We were linked with him quite a bit, but obviously decided to go for Sakho.

It looks like he's being sold after publicly criticising the Valencia manager and his team mates, so his attitude may be a concern :lol

Yeah, I read about him being chased by a bunch of teams a few months ago, especially Liverpool and United.

Anyway, it seems like it's a done deal: he'll transfer in January, six months on loan, buyout clause set at €7m. If we end up buying him in June, his contract will be 4-year long.

L1NETT

I think regardless of how you or the media feel about Beyond, it's really exciting that Sony invest in those kind of games.

Looks like their next project could be potentially big.

Didn't MS turn down Heavy Rain? I remember reading that I think.

But yeah, Cage's games aren't my cuppa at all (story focused game with a pants story) but I would rather different types of games are made.

Speaking of which, I am so hot for The Order. That, Infamous and whatever SSM and ND are working on means I will probs get a PS4 early next year.

dc89

Please don't tell me that's you in the video.

:looool I'm dc, not cn89

He can never, ever be forgiven.

Look deep down, inside yourself, you can find room to forgive him.

No DC is a handsome mofo

*blushes* well...

Bizarre. Like a FF character mixed with some J-pop knobend

:lol - reminds me of Wilbury's opinion on Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - spiky haired, baggy trousered cunt.

Manager

I hope Negredo will get some playing time against Belarus and not Spain going 6 midfielders again. Someone said Villa is injured but he was in the squad right?

Zabojnik

Inter fans helping Milan and his fans after what happened yesterday:

This says a lot about the whole situation, really.

It does beg a question though. Where were Galliani, Lotito and the other presidents on the 5th of August, when FIGC implemented these new rules on "territorial discrimination"? It was obvious from the get-go what was going to happen. Serie A barely started and you already have Milan with two strikes (first = curva/a single sector closes, second = stadium banned for one match, third = 0:3 defeat 'a tavolino') and Inter, Lazio and Roma with one.

Luci, what anti-Napoli chants were your fans performing? There seem to be various degrees of 'offensiveness' when it comes to singing, which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. Our fans came up with a new chant that apparently isn't deemed offensive enough. Not yet, at least. Or maybe we got a free pass because Napoli wasn't directly involved? Who knows.

During Juve - Milan the other day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67XKDjWBOMI

4:01. "Quel settore li', quel settore li, sembra Napoli. Che schifo!"

It does beg a question though. Where were Galliani, Lotito and the other presidents on the 5th of August, when FIGC implemented these new rules on "territorial discrimination"? It was obvious from the get-go what was going to happen. Serie A barely started and you already have Milan with two strikes (first = curva/a single sector closes, second = stadium banned for one match, third = 0:3 defeat 'a tavolino') and Inter, Lazio and Roma with one.

Luci, what anti-Napoli chants were your fans performing? There seem to be various degrees of 'offensiveness' when it comes to singing, which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. Our fans came up with a new chant that apparently isn't deemed offensive enough. Not yet, at least.

Tell me about Star Citizen

Luci, what anti-Napoli chants were your fans performing? There seem to be various degrees of 'offensiveness' when it comes to singing, which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. Our fans came up with a new chant that apparently isn't deemed offensive enough. Not yet, at least. Or maybe we got a free pass because Napoli wasn't directly involved? Who knows.

During Juve - Milan the other day:

I guess they didn't think the supporters of the biggest clubs (and, therefore, the biggest clubs themselves) weren't going to be hit with this, so they gave the greenlight.

Sky reported that "noi non siamo napolitani" was the reason behind the ban, according to the official document.

Clegg

I hope Negredo will get some playing time against Belarus and not Spain going 6 midfielders again. Someone said Villa is injured but he was in the squad right?

I think Michu night be starting that game. Not entirely sure on that though. He was called up anyway.

Zabojnik

Tell me about Star Citizen

What exactly do you want to know about the future GGOAT? This thread has a lot of info.

Sky reported that "noi non siamo napolitani" was the reason behind the ban, according to the official document.

That's, like, the less offensive chant of its kind. The intresting thing is that the boss of Milan's ultras said that they (the ultras) knew exactly what they were doing and knew what the punishment would be. It's developing into a form of protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom