• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
THAT'S RIGHT, I'm posting it again because Cunte deserves it

Thanks to the 3-2 win over Milan of Sunday night, the Juventus of Antonio Conte has statistically become the most invincible team in world history, overcoming the Barcelona of Josep Guardiola and the Milan of Arrigo Sacchi.

As a matter of fact, out of the 106 matches managed by Conte so far in all competitions, Juventus has only lost nine. This means that the Bianconeri have only being defeated 8,4% of the games.

According to Calciomercatonews.com, this impressive statistic has beaten the record of 8,5% belonging to Barcelona from 2008 to 2012 and Milan from 1987 to 1991, which are commonly recognized as the two best teams in history.

Unlike them, however, Juventus is yet to dominate and win titles in Europe. An objective that seems hard to be achieved after the struggles shown in Champions League so far.

On the other hand, comparing the roster names of this Juventus to the ones of that Barcelona and Milan makes the merit of Conte much more relevant as he is reaching extraordinary numbers with a lower level team than what Guardiola and Sacchi had.

Oh fuck off Yenrot.

Granted it means fuck all in the grand scheme of things, but it's cool, at least.

BWElp0-CMAA1wXN.jpg

<3 Conte. Who cares if it's 3-5-2 with no fucking wingers, he's the boss. <3

IceCold

Lesson 1 on Gaf: always host images your self.
Lesson 2 on Gaf: learn which websites are banned.

That's all for today kids.

You are too fast bud. I'm on my phone so #1 is a bit of bitch. Didn't realize #2. But I'm sure you can guess where it's from.

Linius

You are too fast bud. I'm on my phone so #1 is a bit of bitch. Didn't realize #2. But I'm sure you can guess where it's from.

I wasn't too serious about it :p

But yeah, posting images from my phone is a bit of a pain. I use the imgur app on Android.

FootballFan

THAT'S RIGHT, I'm posting it again because Cunte deserves it

Oh fuck off Yenrot.

Granted it means fuck all in the grand scheme of things, but it's cool, at least.

It's pretty awesome actually, but each time you post it, the "lower loss percentage" sticks out to me.

I am guessing Conte has way more draws than both those teams(Milan and Barca). Which would also mean less winning percentage.

Linius

UK Bros, you should try to get your hands on the september issue of fourfourtwo. There you can learn all about the best side ever.

Glorious Ajax from 65 to 73.

justjohn

I tried playing ffvi on the gba once but the archaic graphics put me off. It was still a phenomenal game though; just dont understand why square doesn't give it the ff3&4 remake treatment

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's pretty awesome actually, but each time you post it, the "lower loss percentage" sticks out to me.

I am guessing Conte has way more draws than both those teams(Milan and Barca). Which would also mean less winning percentage.

Way less draws than both teams. Higher winning percentage than Milan. But to be fair to Barca and Milan, they don't have Matri and Simone Pepe 7 innit.

And hey, we had like...6-9 draws last season and more than 30 wins.

Which is exactly why I found the whole fanciful scenario building in this thread grating as fuck because it was never going to come to fruition. People got way too excited, building huge clans and inventing play itineraries for what would essentially devolve into a couple of people spunking about on BMXs or driving off a cliff.

The thing is, there's the bones of a great experience in there. But the UI is shit for getting groups together, the traffic is too sparse, there are too many missions (silly as that sounds), and it doesn;t open up silly things for easy fun. All it needs is a private server option with a cheat, option and objective list, and it'd be great. If I want a helicopter, let me spawn one. If I want to set up a team hunt game, let me set an area, target and weapon restrictions.

All the fun of pissing about in GTA is in having options available to you. As it is, there's a massive and damaging disparity between players who want to rank up & do missions, people who want to piss about with their friends, people who want to piss about on their own, and people who just want to ruin other peoples' experience.

You'd think Rockstar would have learned after RDR's multiplayer turned out to be a pile of shite. Their shooting mechanics just aren't good nough for anybody to want to play Deathmatch

You'd think Rockstar would have learned after RDR's multiplayer turned out to be a pile of shite. Their shooting mechanics just aren't good nough for anybody to want to play Deathmatch

Remember when people claimed they had pretty much just pulled out max payne 3's shooting and put it in GTAV? lol

justjohn

UK Bros, you should try to get your hands on the september issue of fourfourtwo. There you can learn all about the best side ever.

Glorious Ajax from 65 to 73.
Very strange that they did a best football sides of all time and the chelsea team of 04-07 wasn't in it.

Scum

I tried playing ffvi on the gba once but the archaic graphics put me off. It was still a phenomenal game though; just dont understand why square doesn't give it the ff3&4 remake treatment
Because they're fucking incompetent nowadays. I personally don't see them lasting through the next few years.

Remember when people claimed they had pretty much just pulled out max payne 3's shooting and put it in GTAV? lol

I haven't played MP3, and it still made me lol. The shooting is shit. Everyone goes down in like 2 shots, the guns have no impact, the autoaim is over done, headshots are unnecessary because of the default damage, the guns are too accurate and don't recoil enough, the cover system is clunky, the turning circle is ridiculous, the enemy placement is stupid, the free aim is not sharp enough, the crosshair is brass.

Nothing about it is indicative of good TPS mechanics. And the less said about the drive-by controls, the better :p

Marotta is on our side too regarding the ban on San Siro.

Get in you lazy eye, the more the merrier. And the Marry-er.

Ha.
We did the same thing with Thiago Silva iirc, but for a whole year and Maldini was personally training him (sorta). Rami is a decent defender, definitely stronger and better than Zapata/Silvestre/Bonera, but he's basically Mexes 2.0, maybe with less technique at playing the ball, I don't know. 400.000 € for the 6 months loan and 6/7m for the transfer is a fair amount of money but I still think that with the money spent on Matri and the wages for Kakà, Astori would have been the best bet for us.

Yep, Thiago had the same "treatment", just longer. Iirc he played some friendlies here and there during the year, then started playin regularly with Leonardo.
The deal itself seems good and from what I've read here and on other sites he seems good too, so I'm kinda excited to see him.

Matri is a transfer that makes no sense whatsoever. We had Petagna ready, and he showed during the summer how good he was. Keeping him and buying Astori as well might have helped us, but in the end seeing how badly we started, probably nobody could've changed anything about this first two months.

Meier

Wait, which girl? Alice? Fucking lovely girl, me and her pulled an all nighter the other night out of the blue.

Uni mate, Uni.

Yep, that's the one. Did you pull her during that all nighter? Facebook was just getting introduced when I was finishing school.. I wish social media was around when I was you guys' age.

Meier

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-detail/news_article/ny-yankees-hed-2013.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hah, that picture is just Don Garber (MLS Chairman) and a dude from the Yankees with Ferran. That Droga5 company is apparently quite a hot agency so it sounds like a good hire for everyone involved.

Elchele

Hah, that picture is just Don Garber (MLS Chairman) and a dude from the Yankees with Ferran. That Droga5 company is apparently quite a hot agency so it sounds like a good hire for everyone involved.

I believe they were the #1 advertising agency in the world last year or in 2011. You get the idea

L1NETT

Hitch I have the dvd's of Sherlock.

PM me a back alley and I'll leave them there. Or I can throw them in the Leeds Liverpool canal and see if they reach you.

They are on Amazon IV I think

dc89

I believe they were the #1 advertising agency in the world last year or in 2011. You get the idea

Sounds great, NYCFC mean business. PR is sorted btw. ;)

I don't see why at all, everyone has a phone.

Never forget.

ibicim2Nf44Fw7.PNG

Scum

I don't see why at all, everyone has a phone.
It's not so much the port but the fact that Square have lost all passion for making video games. Their new CEO needs to make money in the short term so he's throwing away the company's legacy for quick, short term cash in.

Lightning

Banned
@bbcsport_david: Spoken to Wenger on @JackWilshere: “I agree. If we're not clear on it, national teams will become like a club - players will buy passports."

Lol. Why are England focusing on this shit ahead of such a huge game for them? Hope they lose, will be great.

Barzul

Lol. Why are England focusing on this shit ahead of such a huge game for them? Hope they lose, will be great.
You seen the news linking us with Jackson Martinez in Jan? Apparently he's got a 30 mill release clause and already has 7 in 7 this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom