• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Lol. Why are England focusing on this shit ahead of such a huge game for them? Hope they lose, will be great.
They are clear, aren't they? The rules are in the book.

No doubt Wilshere and Wenger will be getting their induction packs to the EDL through the post any day now.

Linius

HFku0IH.gif

Not sure if DC'ing but I like it :lol

Barzul

They are clear, aren't they? The rules are in the book.

No doubt Wilshere and Wenger will be getting their induction packs to the EDL through the post any day now.
It's stupid that they're giving it this much attention. But I don't Jack should have bothered speaking about it in the first place.

Lightning

Banned
You seen the news linking us with Jackson Martinez in Jan? Apparently he's got a 30 mill release clause and already has 7 in 7 this season.
Yep I have but too far from Jan to take it seriously. I will be surprised if Arsenal but a striker in January.

Meier

You seen the news linking us with Jackson Martinez in Jan? Apparently he's got a 30 mill release clause and already has 7 in 7 this season.

DM says Porto are trying to double his salary and increase the release clause to £45m. It's apparently £32m right now. His salary would still only be £45k per week. I always have to sell my guys in FM when I play as Porto once they start wanting about $150k per week.. bastards. £45k seems like it would still be an absolute bargain.

Barzul

Yep I have but too far from Jan to take it seriously. I will be surprised if Arsenal but a striker in January.
I think it really depends on how well Podolski performs when he returns if he does poorly, can see Wenger shifting Bendtner out and going big for a striker. Especially if we are still in the running for the league at that point, the rest of the team is really well balanced, striker and an extra are the only additions I think we need.

Lightning

Banned
Jack Wilshere is also an idiot. He is busy defending himself from his own big mouth instead of preparing for such a huge game. Now the media are going to roast him more than before if he doesn't play well in the upcoming games.

Good going, the fool.

Salvadora

Multiple papers are reporting that Sagna will leave on a free transfer next summer.

Now, I would normally pay little attention to that but it mentioned that we've offered him a one year contract extension at the same salary, which sounds exactly like us (and he rightfully rejected it).

Barzul

Multiple papers are reporting that Sagna will leave on a free transfer next summer.

Now, I would normally pay little attention to that but it mentioned that we've offered him a one year contract extension at the same salary, which sounds exactly like us.
Would not blame if he does leave, he'd get a much better deal at say Monaco. Offer should be 2 years minimum. Anyways if we can get someone like Pizchek in the summer, I won't be complaining.

Salvadora

Would not blame if he does leave, he'd get a much better deal at say Monaco. Offer should be 2 years minimum. Anyways if we can get someone like Pizchek in the summer, I won't be complaining.
Yeah I wouldn't blame him either, it sounds like a bit of an insult after his service to the club.

But at the same time we (probably) can't match whatever an oil club would offer him, and he might be inclined to take that option with his career coming to an end.

Sagna as a player hasn't been the same since the injuries, and if another option comes up we could maybe look at it. He might play a belter this season and change my mind, but I'm open to the possibilities.

L1NETT

Sagna is getting on a bit, probably wants one last pay day before he becomes an after dinner speaker at Raymond Blanc's restaurants.

Jenkinson is waiting in the wings. I wouldn't even offer Sagna a new contract, let him bugger of to the fake club.

--

I am getting audio ads too. Make them stop.

Lightning

Banned
Jenkinson and Bellerin are our future RB's. I highly doubt Sagna will even be replaced, certainly won't be replaced by an established player.

Salvadora

Neither Jenkinson or Bellerin are good enough to be first choice RB in the short term, and I would be very surprised if Wenger didn't feel the same.

Lightning

Banned
When Gibbs took over from Clichy he wasn't good enough either but Wenger went with it anyway. He won't buy another established RB. I may be wrong but I don't think I am.

Jenkinson actually looks not bad when he's playing consistently but we throw him in odd games expecting him to be at the top of his game all the time. It doesn't work that way, a season playing 1st team football will see Jenkinson come on tremendously I feel.

L1NETT

Sal you criminally underrate Jenkinson. If he is so average, why has Wenger been playing him for 2 years? He clearly sees potential in him.

Also, isn't he part finnish? Would Jack EDLshire have a problem if he played for England?

Meier

meier, is your relationship in any way different now that you're married?

Nope. We've been together for 8.5 years now.. it was just a formality really. I know some people do mention things being different, but they've not for us. We don't have kids or anything either, so it's just kinda business as usual.

bud

less stress

less grooming

less make up
less sex

more happy

i just imagined the scenario where we're doing the invitations and she asks me "so, bud, who would you like to invite?" my list would be incredibly short. god, that's depressing.

i'm never getting married
i'm going to die alone

Salvadora

Sal you criminally underrate Jenkinson. If he is so average, why has Wenger been playing him for 2 years? He clearly sees potential in him.
I don't.

He's came on leaps and bounds since joining us and I have little doubt he will continue to do that in the future, but Sagna leaving would literally leave us with him and Bellerin. The later of which I'm not even sure has played a minute of league football.

Lightning is going back to the situation when Clichy left, but I'm so sure we're in the same position. Look at left-back for example: Gibbs first choice, Monreal second. Both internationals. And Vermaelen can play there in a pinch. Depth, innit.

Angry Levski Sofia fans strip their new coach during press conference.

Youtube removed it.

Also I am loving the Lippi avatar, I hope it is pre-08. That is how I like to remember him.

I don't.

He's came on leaps and bounds since joining us and I have little doubt he will continue to do that in the future, but Sagna leaving would literally leave us with him and Bellerin. The later of which I'm not even sure has played a minute of league football.

Lightning is going back to the situation when Clichy left, but I'm so sure we're in the same position. Look at left-back for example: Gibbs first choice, Monreal second. Both internationals. And Vermaelen can play there in a pinch. Depth, innit.

I would love to see Sagna get a three year contract extension. Would let him play out this season and the next as first choice RB, and then I would feel comfortable with Jenkinson as first choice and Sagna as a RB/CB cover with Bellerin fighting for backup time.

I think Sagna is good enough to do a Maldini/Thuram and extend his career by switching to CB.

Lightning

Banned
I don't.

That wasn't the situation when Clichy left, that's the situation now. When Clichy left Gibbs wasn't good enough, got exposed time and again and his back up was Santos but Gibbs has flourished with regular first team football.

Jenkinson will be first choice, I doubt anyone comes in, but if someone does they won't be better than Jenkinson and Bellerin is best leave.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Youtube removed it.

Also I am loving the Lippi avatar, I hope it is pre-08. That is how I like to remember him.

New link.

And that was during the opening ceremony of our stadium. He cried <3

Finished S1 of American Horror Story. Is it just me or did that show run out of steam somewhat quickly? Maybe the concept wasn't enough for one season? Anyway, I enjoyed it for the most part. Hannibal should start getting released here tomorrow, so I'll probably follow that show next.

You can't do much with one haunted house, lol. Anyway, S2 is much MUCH better!

Finished S1 of American Horror Story. Is it just me or did that show run out of steam somewhat quickly? Maybe the concept wasn't enough for one season? Anyway, I enjoyed it for the most part. Hannibal should start getting released here tomorrow, so I'll probably follow that show next.

Hannibal was was of the nicest surprises in a few years for me. Not really a spoiler but
i like how you rarely see murders committed but rather the consequences. The Following was a bit too much for me with all the stabbing and shit going on, there is something about knives that gets me.

Salvadora

That wasn't the situation when Clichy left, that's the situation now. When Clichy left Gibbs wasn't good enough, got exposed time and again and his back up was Santos but Gibbs has flourished with regular first team football.

Jenkinson will be first choice, I doubt anyone comes in, but if someone does they won't be better than Jenkinson and Bellerin is best leave.
Bellerin could/should go on loan, so that shouldn't be a concern in the short term, especially with him being so young.

We have a huge amount of games per season, so I don't think even bringing in an (experienced) option in would pose a problem. In saying this, Sagna will probably stay on so this is all rendered mute :p.

Lightning

Banned
Bellerin could/should go on loan, so that shouldn't be a concern in the short term, especially with him being so young.

We have a huge amount of games per season, so I don't think even bringing in an (experienced) option in would pose a problem. In saying this, Sagna will probably stay on so this is all rendered mute :p.
Maybe Sagna will stay, not sure. I don't think RB falls into an issue for us considering our options though even if Sagna leaves.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Platini on Milan-Udinese being played behind closed doors:"There is nothing regarding territorial discrimination in our guidelines"

So there you go Milan-GAF.

-

The best thing about THIS international break is that Conte is going to work extensively on our strikers, since no one bothered to call them up....
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom