• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Le Tiss had a tribute night at a theater here in Southampton tonight.

Gutted not to go as i was working but apparently there was particularly excellent tributes from SAF and Xavi.

Edit: Oh and missed a pen on stage against Mark Crossley!

Scum

Wayne Rooney ‏@WayneRooney 7 Oct 12
Great win today. Really enjoying my new midfield role. Always involved in the game.

Uh huh.

fitting, since Ronaldo is sorrounded by shitty friends at Real.

tumblr_inline_mfjo8jcrsO1rtrzew.gif

Scum

Le Tiss had a tribute night at a theater here in Southampton tonight.

Gutted not to go as i was working but apparently there was particularly excellent tributes from SAF and Xavi.

Edit: Oh and missed a pen on stage against Mark Crossley!

Transfer list 'im. Not good enough.

bud

Fuck it, I'm buying the PS4 on launch day for 700USD.

I need FIFA in my life

please reread what you just wrote

please reevaluate your life afterwards

you're going to spend $700 to play fifa

please understand

please i beg of you

Elchele

A PS4. For FIFA.

Why?

Why not? obviously I'm not buying the PS4 just because FIFA, but I do want to play FIFA asap. I miss playing, and hating, the career mode.

I will end up buying the PS4 sooner or later, and I have vacations from December to March. I will need it

please reread what you just wrote

please reevaluate your life afterwards

you're going to spend $700 to play fifa

please understand

please i beg of you

I'm sorry bud, I have made up my mind already. The ship sailed.
I want to play Knack, Watch Dogs and the indie launch games too. And there are a lot of interesting games announced, so it's not so bad in the long run.

Also, if I buy it here I will have guaranty in case it has some rrod-kind of problem in the first units.

Scum

Why not? obviously I'm not buying the PS4 just because FIFA, but I do want to play FIFA asap. I miss playing, and hating, the career mode.

I will end up buying the PS4 sooner or later, and I have vacations from December to March. I will need it

I want to play Knack, Watch Dogs and the indie launch games too. And there are a lot of interesting games announced, so it's not so bad in the long run.

Also, if I buy it here I will have guaranty in case it has some rrod-kind of problem in the first units.

Just buy it for cheap on a current console. If you don't have a current console then pick one up for cheap during Christmas.

Elchele

Just buy it for cheap on a current console. If you don't have a current console then pick one up for cheap during Christmas.

I thought about it a few months ago but PS3 is 450$USD down here, there's no point really.
I really wanted to play TLoU, but I'm not paying that kind of money for a console in its last days.

Clegg

Raised a smile the first time. Not even a smirk the next 5 times.

:p
Argo sold me on Affleck as an actor. He's one of the better Hollywood directors but I've never been a big fan of his acting. He plays the stoic, thoughtful role quite well imo. I can see him being a disaster as Batman though. He could possibly do well as Bruce Wayne, but Batman? Nah.

He turned his career around after his flops in the early/mid 2000's. Never would have expected Ben Affleck to become one of my favourite directors.

bud

what do you see in watch dogs? it looks so pointless and boring to me. help me understand.

Argo was pretty good, if entirely predictable because of the 'based on a true story' thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argo_(2012_film)#Historical_inaccuracies

one of the worst best picture winners for me. it was an okay one-time watch, though.

Elchele

what do you see in watch dogs? it looks so pointless and boring to me. help me understand.

I have a weird taste in games. I hate GTA, I love RDR. Viva Piñata is in my top5 games of the current gen, etc.

I never liked Splinter Cell that much, but loved Splinter Cell Conviction. And I'm hoping Watch Dogs to be similar to it. I'm not going to buy that game anyway, just rent it at best. After Asscreed, I don't believe in Ubi.

bud

i'm not blown away by gta either, but i can't deny that at least there's something to do in that city.

watch dogs just looks barren. renting it seems like the best choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argo_(2012_film)#Historical_inaccuracies

one of the worst best picture winners for me. it was an okay one-time watch, though.

"There was some criticism, among Hispanics and film critics, of Ben Affleck's decision to cast himself, and not a Hispanic, in the role of Tony Mendez, who is of Mexican ancestry on his father's side. Mexican-American actor and director Edward James Olmos considered Affleck's casting as Mendez a "mistake," and that the actor "had no sense of the cultural dynamic of the character he was playing."

Mendez himself has said that he was unconcerned about the casting, and that he does not consider himself Hispanic."

lol

L1NETT

I am excited for Watch Dogs, but it does seem a bit Ubisoft by the numbers checklist type game. Go to radio tower/stronghold thingy Y, unlock portion x of the map, get 5 banana skins for Mr Z blah de blah de blah.

No launch title really excites me. Game I am most looking forward for the end of this year is Batman for pete's sake.

Next year when Witcher 3, Destiny, Infamous SS, Mad Max, Division, The Order come out then we'll see.

Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall are both coming out too apparently.

I am excited for Watch Dogs, but it does seem a bit Ubisoft by the numbers checklist type game. Go to radio tower/stronghold thingy Y, unlock portion x of the map, get 5 banana skins for Mr Z blah de blah de blah.

No launch title really excites me. Game I am most looking forward for the end of this year is Batman for pete's sake.

Next year when Witcher 3, Destiny, Infamous SS, Mad Max, Division, The Order come out then we'll see.

You forgot Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall

bud

after gt6, and maybe next year's pes (if it truly delivers on its promise and if i don't have a ps4 by then), there isn't anything that i'm really looking forward to on ps3 anymore.

the nerd rage in the FF6 to iOS thread is a sight to behold. makes me wonder how many wouldn't be virgins if they spent that much energy chasing women.

LTWheels

That is actually why I have no interest in Watch Dogs. It's another Ubisoft game following the Ubisoft open wold formula. Played enough of those type of games already.

I don't see what everyone finds so exciting about Watch Dogs

subtles

I played GTA V: O for the first time yesterday. I was able to connect and play without any problems in the beginning, but couldn't get back in after I disconnected. I still hope I run into a group of you later so I can murder aid my own crew.

In other news: I got Pokemon and I'm loving it so far. 3DS bros unite.

FootballFan

i just imagined the scenario where we're doing the invitations and she asks me "so, bud, who would you like to invite?" my list would be incredibly short. god, that's depressing.

i'm never getting married
i'm going to die alone

Nah man.

You can just phrase it in a way to make it better.

"I'd prefer something small, only want my family and closest friends to come" She'll understand.

Also your name is actually bud?

City players donating to halve away ticket costs for fans? That's epic. I wonder if that took some convincing haha. Oh to be a fly on the wall for that team meeting.

Awesome stuff though.

FootballFan

That is actually why I have no interest in Watch Dogs. It's another Ubisoft game following the Ubisoft open wold formula. Played enough of those type of games already.

I don't see what everyone finds so exciting about Watch Dogs

Most of us footballgaf bros have said that Watch Dogs is losing it's appeal with every video/gameplay/screenshot they release.

I was hyped when it was announced, now I don't care about it at all. It just reeks of AssCreed. And you know who plays AssCreed?

AndresON777.

Nobody seems to be playing the BF4 beta.

Should have a decent gap between finishing Beyond and PS4 launch, not sure whether to play Metro 2033 or Tomb Raider (shut up, GQman)

rodvik

meier, is your relationship in any way different now that you're married?

Marriage is the tops man. Honestly there are very few negatives I have seen and lots of positives.

i just imagined the scenario where we're doing the invitations and she asks me "so, bud, who would you like to invite?" my list would be incredibly short. god, that's depressing.

i'm never getting married
i'm going to die alone

Less people to pay the catering bill for!

jtb

Banned
Captain Phillips was pretty great, but the shaky cam/documentary zoom shit is worse than ever in this one. This was probably the first movie that I've ever felt physical discomfort just from the way it was shot. Greengrass could be a really good director if he just cut that stupid shit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom