• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

deroli

Whether you like it or not folks, the best football manager is still Anstoss 2 - Verlängern ("Kickoff 2 - Extra time"). Either that or a bug-free Anstoss 3 version.

I grew up with Bundesliga Manager 97. Those were the times my friend. I remember that I could recognize whether a sequence in the "3d mode" (no way that was 3D) would end with a goal or not just by listening to the audio track of the crowd. And it was possible to bet on results, a total no-go in recent games. Somehow, the game was completely bugged though. IIRC, you started with 50 million DM and no matter how much money was spend, it always stayed at that amount. Also, Bayern players were way overrated back then (just like they're now ;) ). I always signed Marcel fucking Witeczek and either Jancker or Zickler. Guaranteed success with those guys, especially when you add them to a squad full of Julio Cesars, Möllers and Sammers.

Ah the memories...

FootballFan

Mo7sVRe.jpg

Wow what a game

Pokemon x > gta v

dc89

pokemon-x-95403057397462712840570528087420.jpg

you're dead to me

Jupp used Lets Use A Screenshot To Represent A Game. It was ineffective.

Srsly, does the game no justice. The grass has an animation where it blows in the wind, the water moves, theres loads going on you can't appreciate in that pic.

Meier

Haha that is the most nonchalant goal call ever. Poor Georgia.

http://gamingandtechnetwork.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/pokemon-x-95403057397462712840570528087420.jpg[IMG]

you're dead to me[/QUOTE]

3DS games look much, much better in motion than they do in stills. The videos of it make the 3D overworld look pretty good. That image is from back in January too.. not necessarily indicative of a final version.

Meier

You can't even sell out the stadium now...

City sell out essentially every league game with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. Some people with season tickets don't necessarily show up, but the tickets are sold which really is all that matters to any club. They want to have more season tickets to sell so as to maximize revenue.

Manager

City sell out essentially every league game with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. Some people with season tickets don't necessarily show up, but the tickets are sold which really is all that matters to any club.

Yep, think I read there has only been one PL game that wasn't outsold in the last two seasons. CL is another story though.

edit
Last two seasons the avg. attendance is sold out, but in the two seasons before the avg was around 2000 below that.

Manager

My bad :(

Call of Doody

... u wot m8

Do you know anything about that ticket exchange works, Viagogo? Do they send ticket home or do you pick it up somewhere on match day, had any experience? Trying my best to find opportunities to watch some games, guess I need to use that.

dc89

Do you know anything about that ticket exchange works, Viagogo? Do they send ticket home or do you pick it up somewhere on match day, had any experience? Trying my best to find opportunities to watch some games, guess I need to use that.

I think, I think, they get posted to you. But because it's a ticket exchange, where you buy from another person and Viagogo then get a fee etc, it could be down to the seller.

Quite a few City fans are strongly against Viagogo, because of the fee's they charge. So there's a few City ticket exchange Twitter accounts which seem to be very popular.

Meier

I think, I think, they get posted to you. But because it's a ticket exchange, where you buy from another person and Viagogo then get a fee etc, it could be down to the seller.

Quite a few City fans are strongly against Viagogo, because of the fee's they charge. So there's a few City ticket exchange Twitter accounts which seem to be very popular.

For what it's worth, Stubhub in the US charges like $15 and then the buyer has to pay the FedEx shipping costs as well I believe. I dunno what Viagogo charges, but I have a feeling it's pretty similar. Stubhub is quite popular but I've never used it because I do find the extra fees exorbitant.

LTWheels

Went into a posh clothes shop in Pokemon. Got asked to leave as I was not stylish enough to shop in their store.

Then spent $3000 on getting my hair cut and coloured.

Manager

For what it's worth, Stubhub in the US charges like $15 and then the buyer has to pay the FedEx shipping costs as well I believe. I dunno what Viagogo charges, but I have a feeling it's pretty similar. Stubhub is quite popular but I've never used it because I do find the extra fees exorbitant.

Thanks!

I've read a lot about people being pissed that some people are charging too much, I saw some derby tickets for £90. They also say they should be able to give their tickets to their friends for free (when they can't go themselves), which apparently isn't possible (?). You have to put them up there and for the minimum price, which often is full price (~£40).

It's perfect for us foreigners though, and I know people in my country use it and love it.

Meier

Hernanes injured Neymar in training, hah.

According to the Associated Press, Neymar suffered a hip injury during national team training Thursday and will most likely miss Brazil’s friendly with South Korea on Saturday.

The report says Neymar was clattered by a challenge from Lazio midfielder Hernanes while taking part in a training match in Seoul. He walked off under his own power but visibly in pain.

Brazilian team doctor Edilson Thiele says the extent of the injury is unknown. Therefore, its affect on his status for Brazil’s subsequent friendly with Zambia in Beijing on Tuesday is at this point a mystery.
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/10/neymar-suffers-hip-injury-during-brazil-training/

You'll probably be okay though Slizz.

Kenka

What's GAF preference ?

Germany #1
Neuer; Westermann, Mertesacker, Boateng, Schmelzer; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; T. Müller, Özil, Reus; Klose.

OR

Germany #2
Adler; Aogo, Höwedes, Hummels, Jansen; Gündogan, L Bender; Götze, Kroos, Podolski; Gomez.

OR

Germany #3
Weidenfeller; Lahm, Badstuber, Kirchhoff, Rüdiger; S Bender, Schürrle, Draxler, Sam, Kruse; Kiessling

Timurid

What's GAF preference ?

Germany #1
Neuer; Westermann, Mertesacker, Boateng, Schmelzer; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; T. Müller, Özil, Reus; Klose.

OR

Germany #2
Adler; Aogo, Höwedes, Hummels, Jansen; Gündogan, L Bender; Götze, Kroos, Podolski; Gomez.

OR

Germany #3
Weidenfeller; Lahm, Badstuber, Kirchhoff, Rüdiger; S Bender, Schürrle, Draxler, Sam, Kruse; Kiessling
No Germany is best Germany

What's GAF preference ?

Germany #1

OR

Germany #2

OR

Germany #3
Are they all coached by Low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom