• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's a bit different in terms of David Moyes and his staff coming in. The training is different, there's a different style, a different way of thinking about how he wants us to play. Honestly, the training has been so hard. We've done a lot more running. Long running, quicker running, sharper running.
"I feel that's really benefited me. I feel as fit as I ever have done. I had a couple of injuries pre-season but I feel great and in good shape. It's a mixture of things, but I am happy and I am enjoying my football."

i61JlyxaXdmiq.gif

Zabojnik

The only thing that's worse than the international break is being surrounded by people that are excited about the international break. And I'm not talking about you guys, obviously.

The only thing that's worse than the international break is being surrounded by people that are excited about the international break. And I'm not talking about you guys, obviously.

Internationals are awesome bro. And Slovenia are making a late comeback for that playoff spot. Get excited, Zabo!

bjaelke

I'm contemplating going to the Italy match tonight. Was able to secure a couple of tickets through my connections. International football is the best, yo.
A total of 6,164,682 requests for tickets for the 2014 FIFA World Cup had been received when the initial application period ended at 12.00 CET/07.00 BRA on Thursday 10 October 2013, of which 70.86 per cent were from Brazil, with the remaining 29.14 per cent from the rest of the world. Requests have been received from 203 different countries, while tickets for the opening match in Sao Paulo (726,067 requests), for the Brazilian team’s matches and for the final (751,165) in the Maracanã stadium on 13 July 2014 were most in demand.

I don;t mind qualifiers. At least there's something at stake for England, means I'm quite looking forward to the games.

And STURRIDGE

Defo gonna put some money into Star Citizen when its closer to full release btw :)

Gonna go Digital Bounty Hunter I think

GorillaJu

I don't like international matches mostly because they aren't played at times when I can watch so it's usually a football-less period for me.

dc89

I've been PR'd.

What was your name/starter?

I have a PR cat that goes by the name Ash from England.

I've called my character Dan and I've gone with Froakie. Have you got my bro added? Because on my game too there is an Ash from England.

I bet it's tc, I'll ask him.

rejoice at reading Draxler's latest interview. I am more sure than ever that Draxler -> Bayern is a done deal.

PS: welcome back, Arjen.

Back to the good old days of buying the best players in Germany not because you need them, but to prevent them from joining a competitor and negate the chances of their present club growing into being a comptetitor?

subtles

I've called my character Dan and I've gone with Froakie. Have you got my bro added? Because on my game too there is an Ash from England.

I bet it's tc, I'll ask him.
I believe I do have him added. He's the only one from FootyGaf I've seen online so far.

Manager

Crysis for £2.50.

Hmm.

I had a hard time at first with it, I took it too serious. Tried to save up ammo, sneaked around, trying to hide in the jungle. When I let go of every feeling and just started blasting different powers, shot everywhere and just go mental it turned out to a very fun game.

There's some really nice graphical mods out there that made the game much more pretty without sinking performance (both texture packs and configs), I think some actually made performance better.

Gambit

Back to the good old days of buying the best players in Germany not because you need them, but to prevent them from joining a competitor and negate the chances of their present club growing into being a comptetitor?

He'll be a great Robben replacement in two/three years.

But yes, that's a nice sideeffect.

Lightning

Banned
I don't like international matches mostly because they aren't played at times when I can watch so it's usually a football-less period for me.
I would be more interested in the matches if we hadn't already qualified but now all we are playing for is our rank and that's not as exciting.

dc89

Everton are using the away ticket grant money to knock £5 off tickets for four away games over the festive period. Also they will send Everton jerseys for the staff in that part of the stadium to wear.

One of the slowest football OTs ever -_-

tumblr_muhljsuayT1rct6yjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mugw0tBmGy1r30r4xo1_1280.jpg

KuGsj.gif

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was apparently a smoker. He was a great player

Crysis is a lot of fun, well worth £2.50 if you haven't played it yet. It is one of the few shooters in recent years that gives you freedom to piss around and do what you want. The best way to play it is running around throwing animals about and punching the North Koreans in the dick. Such a shame Crysis 2 was terrible.

deroli

rejoice at reading Draxler's latest interview. I am more sure than ever that Draxler -> Bayern is a done deal.

PS: welcome back, Arjen.

No way he'll join you in near future! Don't you remember these ads?

943323_549187805124944_1806866326_n-jpg.25911

Surely that campaign won't backfire, Schalke. At least they will get a decent price for him (that's something we never accomplished since selling... Odonkor)

dc89

Anyone else feel a teeny bit sorry for Joey Barton.

He's said that Sr'Alex wasn't a great coach going as far as saying he couldn't coach to save his life, he barely could lay out cones. But he was the greatest manager ever to manage in the English game.

So the media naturally run with Barton slates Fergie etc.

Maybe he wasn't a great coach. But a great manager for sure.

Gambit

^^ Götze's leggings are embarassing.

No way he'll join you in near future! Don't you remember these ads?

943323_549187805124944_1806866326_n-jpg.25911

Surely that campaign won't backfire, Schalke. At least they will get a decent price for him (that's something we never accomplished since selling... Odonkor)

lol, I forgot about the ads. Very funny. Maybe Bayern will actually wait that long. Who knows?!

Odonkor was a very, very good sell.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
llorente-j-hug490ai_0_0.jpg

Arsenal are seen as in the market this January for a striker and apparently are considering Juventus hit-man Fernando Llorente.

The Spaniard has seen speculation surround his early work in Italy this season, with a failure to earn a regular place in the side believed down to struggles to get to grips with Antonio Conte’s demands.

Whilst links to the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid have been played down in Turin, reports in England today suggest that Arsenal are monitoring the situation.

The Gunners are reported by The Mirror as keen to strengthen their front-line in January and allegedly see Llorente as an ideal ‘stop-gap’ solution.
tumblr_inline_mrg5f5R9kI1qz4rgp.gif

sohois

Anyone else feel a teeny bit sorry for Joey Barton.

He's said that Sr'Alex wasn't a great coach going as far as saying he couldn't coach to save his life, he barely could lay out cones. But he was the greatest manager ever to manage in the English game.

So the media naturally run with Barton slates Fergie etc.

Maybe he wasn't a great coach. But a great manager for sure.

Fergie may well not have been a great coach, indeed I recall hearing that he would mostly leace training to his coaches in later years.

But the important part is, how the hell would Joey Barton know that? When has he ever experienced a Ferguson training session?

Zabojnik

Internationals are awesome bro. And Slovenia are making a late comeback for that playoff spot. Get excited, Zabo!

I can't, I just can't. Not to mention that our three best players will be missing. Birsa, Ilicic and Matavz.

Defo gonna put some money into Star Citizen when its closer to full release btw :)

Gonna go Digital Bounty Hunter I think

Good man! They'll be adding new packages soon too. See you in the 'verse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom