• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

The worst part about International breaks is that the footy itself is so snoozy, especially with Woy of the Wovers in charge.

----

-Hitch skip both TR and Beyond and play Metro (LL I assume?) first. Top game. One of my top 5 so far this year.

-Deep Down shouldn't release any more trailers, but just use this gif instead. So good.

idbWfn65rwIV3.gif

Slizz

The two games available to watch in 5 hrs is England Montenegro and Germany Ireland.....

Jamaica USA should be a good game actually tonight.

GorillaJu

I think the sheer depression from knowing there's no club football on over the weekend is enough to slow down this thread, even if we haven't got to a normal match day yet.

The worst part about International breaks is that the footy itself is so snoozy, especially with Woy of the Wovers in charge.

----

-Hitch skip both TR and Beyond and play Metro (LL I assume?) first. Top game. One of my top 5 so far this year.

-Deep Down shouldn't release any more trailers, but just use this gif instead. So good.

idbWfn65rwIV3.gif

I'd start with 2033, since I already had it in my Steam library when I built the PC, and want to see how much it differs from the book (a lot, I imagine)

Tomb Raider appeals to the Uncharted-fanboy, collectable-loving, scripted sequence-enjoying, upgrade-obsessive knobend I truly am :p

That gif makes me more excited for Dark Souls 3 (Demon's Souls 2?) than it does for Deep Down

GorillaJu

I actively disliked Tomb Raider, even though there were things that I knew I should like, when I played it. Maybe it's because I felt like they were trying so hard to appeal to certain tastes that it just felt tone-deaf to me.

It honestly reminds me of Final Fantasy 13. They took elements of what makes a game good, but never really stopped to make the game good.

Meier

The two games available to watch in 5 hrs is England Montenegro and Germany Ireland.....

Stupid Fox Soccer or BeIN or whoever does the England games.. lots to choose from otherwise though. Rooting for Bosnia to win tonight so they can clinch their place. The US game is super early apparently? Crap, I'll be at the gym! Think I might need to use a treadmill rather than the track tonight.

I actively disliked Tomb Raider, even though there were things that I knew I should like, when I played it. Maybe it's because I felt like they were trying so hard to appeal to certain tastes that it just felt tone-deaf to me.

It honestly reminds me of Final Fantasy 13. They took elements of what makes a game good, but never really stopped to make the game good.

I have to admit, it looks a bit grey. Uncharted is always interesting to look at for me because of the environments, but the colour scheme of what i've seen of Tomb Raider looks more akin to a game in the Stalker franchise :p

Is Johnson back in training next week? Hopefully he's ready for the bench at least against Newcastle. We're gonna die in December btw

Slizz

Stupid Fox Soccer or BeIN or whoever does the England games.. lots to choose from otherwise though. Rooting for Bosnia to win tonight so they can clinch their place. The US game is super early apparently? Crap, I'll be at the gym! Think I might need to use a treadmill rather than the track tonight.

Yeah, fortunately its on ESPN and ESPN3.

Facism

joey barton just jealous of ibra's majestic, sultan-like nose. someone should tweet hima closeup of ibra's nose and say something about a big fucker.

deep down looks good if you like cookie-cutter corridors that get cut-pasted all over the game.

Meier

I absolutely loved Tomb Raider. One of the best games of the past year. Far more enjoyable than any Uncharted game IMO.

GorillaJu

I have to admit, it looks a bit grey. Uncharted is always interesting to look at for me because of the environments, but the colour scheme of what i've seen of Tomb Raider looks more akin to a game in the Stalker franchise :p

Is Johnson back in training next week? Hopefully he's ready for the bench at least against Newcastle. We're gonna die in December btw

I don't think Johnson is training yet. And yes, we're already dead. :(

I absolutely loved Tomb Raider. One of the best games of the past year. Far more enjoyable than any Uncharted game IMO.

What you must be mental, Uncharted is the best trilogy this gen and one of the strongest ever.

I have not actually played TR :D I was taking a long hard look at it and will be buying it the next time I am shopping for games. I hope it is as good as GAF makes out.

i'm watching a Let's Play of Beyond 2 Souls on YouTube.

oh boy... it's as interactive as the actual game itself. if you payed money for this you've been duped.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sounds like Andros Townsend is starting tonight.

Props to Hodgson if that's true. He has been very good this season and is keeping a £30m player on the bench at Spurs. I can see Milner on one side and Townsend on the other.

Tomb raider was good, but uncharted 2 was miles better.

The new Tomb Raider game was an insult, you should all be sectioned for thinking its good. TR is about feeling like Indiana Jones not stabbing people in the eyeballs to avoid being raped.

Fuck you Sony, I buy MGS Rising and then it is announced it is gonna be on PS+. I do not mind paying £15 for it though, it is part of my favourite franchise and I should have gotten it months ago.

arkon

joey barton just jealous of ibra's majestic, sultan-like nose. someone should tweet hima closeup of ibra's nose and say something about a big fucker.

deep down looks good if you like cookie-cutter corridors that get cut-pasted all over the game.

Halo fans will love it then.

Fergie

Banned

Japan vs Serbia. On now I think.

Although probably won't be shown on TV, watch it through other rebel ways.

Manager

Props to Hodgson if that's true. He has been very good this season and is keeping a £30m player on the bench at Spurs. I can see Milner on one side and Townsend on the other.

Hodgson gave Milner some nice words on MOTD after City - Everton. Milner has been pretty great this season.

Looks less and less impressive the more they reveal.

I found Sleeping Dogs in the bargain bin and dunno if I should bite.

I missed it when it was on PS+ :(

One of the best games of the genre I've played, it's something different compared to the rest. Played on PC though.

rvy

Banned
I'd like to think the window doesn't break because Ubisoft is struggling to use PhysX and hit 30fps on PS4

You think wrong. The window doens't break and he doens't open the door because it's just typical Ubisoft open-world jank.
Hell, the guy doens't even react properly to doors, he opens them with his nose.

Feorax

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 3m
Sky Sources England team: Hart; Walker, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines; Gerrard, Lampard; Townsend, Rooney, Welbeck; Sturridge #SSN

Our midfield 5 consists of 2 strikers, 2 players who famously struggle to perform together, and a young, unproven winger.

Oh, and we have Kyle Walker at right back.

We are fucked.

Meier

One of the best games of the genre I've played, it's something different compared to the rest. Played on PC though.

Manager nailed it. Play Sleeping Dogs.. you'll be glad you did. Surprisingly, Square-Enix has been one of the best pubs this gen despite their failings from Japan. Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider were all amazing.

Jagielka and Cahill as the CBs for England's national team just feels wrong. They aren't good enough for a key qualifier. I want England to go through but I hope Jovetic scores tonight on an amazing goal that Hart was not at all at fault on.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Our midfield 5 consists of 2 strikers, 2 players who famously struggle to perform together, and a young, unproven winger.

Oh, and we have Kyle Walker at right back.

We are fucked.

I'm pretty sure Walker has 7 wins out of 7 in his England appearances. He's as daft as a brush but he's a good enough athlete to recover from most errors.

Vertonghen is captaining Belgium today, good for him. Please play better than against West Ham.

LTWheels

i'm watching a Let's Play of Beyond 2 Souls on YouTube.

oh boy... it's as interactive as the actual game itself. if you payed money for this you've been duped.

Yeah, I've watches bits and pieces of a walkthrough. Story seems interesting, but not as retail priced game. I would happily pay to watch as David Cage movie or book of B2S.

MS have set up a whole TV studio to make TV programmes for Xbox Live. They might as well employ David Cage and remove the stupid game aspects from Cage's storytelling.

I'm pretty sure Walker has 7 wins out of 7 in his England appearances. He's as daft as a brush but he's a good enough athlete to recover from most errors.

Wasn't he getting skinned alive by Konoplyanka in the Ukraine game? Fairly certain it was Walker. England didn't win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom