• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like most of Puma's designs and feel like Arsenal going with them was a step back. Then again I generally like Nikes material and design.

Nike > all

Nike has a lot of shit designs as well, but at least they don't always have some shit stripes for every kit.

omgkitty

I don't like most of Puma's designs and feel like Arsenal going with them was a step back. Then again I generally like Nikes material and design.

I mean I guess I should be happy as this means more money for us, but it also leaves me less chance of buying a jersey. Puma jerseys, especially in the US, tend to be very hard to find and when you do, they run very small. I own several puma t-shirts, none of which fit me even though they're my size. Still though, don't know why we couldn't have gotten a better deal with Nike. Arsenal are in the top 10 in jersey sales in the world. Surely they or even Adidas could have given us more money than Puma.

Messi

I mean I guess I should be happy as this means more money for us, but it also leaves me less chance of buying a jersey. Puma jerseys, especially in the US, tend to be very hard to find and when you do, they run very small. I own several puma t-shirts, none of which fit me even though they're my size. Still though, don't know why we couldn't have gotten a better deal with Nike. Arsenal are in the top 10 in jersey sales in the world. Surely they or even Adidas could have given us more money than Puma.

I agree but the club has more than enough money and as a fan I would like a nice jersey to wear to support my club (I dont think the design is that bad to be fair) but I really liked Nikes kits for you guys.

Meier

Nike > all

Nike has a lot of shit designs as well, but at least they don't always have some shit stripes for every kit.

Umbro > all. :(

bud: Super Mario Galaxy was right there with RDR for GOTG for me personally. I actually got SMG2 on its release day and never played it.. I'll give it a go once I do transition to the Wii U I think. I really hated the Wii. :(

Elchele

The rumor was that Pep didn't think he was good enough for Bayern. A couple of days later, Lewa says something that make his transfer to Bayern seem like it won't happen. If the deal doesn't happen, blame Pep not Lewa.

Pep doesn't really has the power to veto transfers, or to make transfers. All he can do is recommend the board about transfers.

The board already has a pre-contract with Lewa. They won't take their word back because of Pep, specially since Lewa is one of the best strikers in the world and will join for free.

Also, the rumor came from Real Madrid newspaper... And there was another comment about Pep approving the Lewa transfer during the summer, because he [Lewa] is exactly the kind of striker he wanted for his new tactical system.

Lewa will join Bayern.

rvy

Banned
ipaMOvSgvgSfU.jpg

GOAT

I want to drink that sea.

I need a WiiU ASAP.

Messi

Pep doesn't really has the power to veto transfers, or to make transfers. All he can do is recommend the board about transfers.

The board already has a pre-contract with Lewa. They won't take their word back because of Pep, specially since Lewa is one of the best strikers in the world and will join for free.

Also, the rumor came from Real Madrid newspaper... And there was another comment about Pep approving the Lewa transfer during the summer, because he [Lewa] is exactly the kind of striker he wanted for his new tactical system.

Lewa will join Bayern.

This does not seem like a good thing.

Fergie

Banned
Sir Alex unveils road sign

Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson unveiled a road sign named in his honour on Monday afternoon.

The 71-year-old, who led United for 26 years before retiring in May, also received the Honourary Freedom of the Borough of Trafford at a formal ceremony at the council chambers.

As part of the celebrations, Water’s Reach road was renamed Sir Alex Ferguson Way, and the manager unveiled the new sign in front of family, friends, fans and media on Monday afternoon.

Before doing the honours, Sir Alex addressed the gathered crowd:

“It's a privilege and an honour to have a road named after me. You don't expect these things in life,” he said.

“It encapsulates probably the last 26 years – coming to the great club, the history of it. It's been an incredible journey for me, ending today for me to unveil this road sign: Sir Alex Ferguson Way.

“I'm really proud of that and I'm proud of everyone who has been associated with the club.

“I'd like to thank Manchester United for inviting me down here, 26 years ago. It was a fantastic elevation in my life and a challenge that I accepted. And we are where we are now.

“It's a great, great football club. You, the supporters, have enjoyed it. And I still think that a lot of our young fans don't remember that there were bad days. Dealing with bad days is what we're good at. This club will always go on.

“We've got a fantastic set-up, great staff, wonderful people and there's only one way and that a lot of our young fans don't remember that there were bad days. Dealing with bad days is what we're good at. This club will always go on.

“We've got a fantastic set-up, great staff, wonderful people and there's only one way and that's up for Manchester United.

“I thank everybody for being here – all my friends, all my family and my wife, the boss! She picked all the winning teams, by the way.

“Thanks for coming here, Thanks for the Mayor and Trafford Borough for this fantastic honour and the day we've had today at the Town Hall. It's been absolutely brilliant.

“I'm going to unveil this, so thanks once again for the honour of doing this.”

u852n6O.jpg

;_;

rvy

Banned
Yes. You do.

http://i.minus.com/iqh8jsg3vgRh7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Fucking stop it, dc. I don't have money. I still need to buy KiD and some other stuff I don't remember.

Oh God, and Pokémon X/Y. That game is so awesome :(

I need a 3DS too for that.

pls

pls, stop raping my wallet, games.

Salvadora

One of my favorite games . . . definitely the best Zelda . . . but I can't bring myself to buy a Wii U for this.

Wii U is that bad.
Same here.

I want to play Zelda, all the Mario games and generally most of Nintendo's first party releases but I know the feeling of buyers remorse well. If I'm throwing money at a games console, Wii U would be my last choice.

Yen

Watching Countdown. Hasn't been the same since Carol and Des O'Connor, no matter how great Riley is. The host is crap too. Just let Rachel present the whole show.

Meier

Fox got the Bundesliga rights starting in 2015. This should mean it's on Sky in Europe (2 year deal there, 5 years in the US and Asia) in addition to various Fox channels here in the US.

Meier

Eliaquim Mangala has switched agents to Jorge Mendes.

Means he's most likely going to Madrid, Monaco or United.

Reports this week suggested Monaco will pay the £42m buy-out clause in his deal. City were circling this summer but weren't willing to pay what Porto wanted. I would be shocked if United were willing to do the same.

You remind me of the games I still haven't bought yet:
Kid Icarus
Luigi's Mansion 2
Zelda WW HD
W101
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends

Ah, my poor wallet. :(

That isn't even taking PC games into account, nor the fact that when I threw all my Wii stuff away I accidentally also threw Xenoblade away, as well as my controllers. Argh...I also wanted to get an HD TV at some point in the future.

Fuck, I think I'm gonna have to scale back gaming purchases for a while.

Fuck the games, getting a HDTV should be the priority

Got sent a Destiny beta code for preordering, not sure whether to play it or go in fresh when the full game releases

bjaelke

Fox got the Bundesliga rights starting in 2015. This should mean it's on Sky in Europe (2 year deal there, 5 years in the US and Asia) in addition to various Fox channels here in the US.
Eurosport still holds the rights to the Bundesliga in the majority of Europe. As far as I can see Sky only secured exclusive rights in Italy, Netherlands and in Belgium.
I think so :D

Not going to though, got it for £44

still ludicrously expensive
You might receive an extra invite later on.

bjaelke

Eóin - Valencia News ‏@XimoVCF
Pedro Chirivella has not made his official debut for Liverpool, because if he does, Valencia will take legal action. (SERDepVLC)

Eóin - Valencia News ‏@XimoVCF
In the coming days Valencia will demand that Liverpool pay Pedro Chirivella's release clause. (SERDepVLC)

Not a care in the world.

Clegg

Premier League ‏@premierleague 22m

Mike Jones has been appointed referee for Manchester United v Southampton on Saturday 19 October

operon

Off topic I know, but going to preorder Call of Duty Ghosts hardened edition, but amazon doesn't have it in, so my options are Tesco or Game. Anyone preordered anything off the either off them and have the arrived on launch day.

arkon

Off topic I know, but going to preorder Call of Duty Ghosts hardened edition, but amazon doesn't have it in, so my options are Tesco or Game. Anyone preordered anything off the either off them and have the arrived on launch day.

Don't know if it's just limited to Amazon Prime customers but there's now an option to receive things on release day. A few of my pre-orders with them have been bumped up to that delivery level.

edit: sorry, misread. you were asking about the other two. I did pre-order my Wii from Game. Got that on release day. Haven't really ordered anything from them since.

Besides the brothers are getting it, some of us aren't cool enough to buy Pokemon

It's a very exclusive club.

Zabojnik

i've always wanted to buy a wii just for super mario galaxy and its sequel.

Get the wiimote, install Dolphin, enjoy SMG(2) in its full glory on the superior platform, the PC. It's where I played it after I sold my wii, the worst console I've ever owned.

operon

Because it's a very casual game where I can actually play with my friends. I can only really play FIFA and GTA with them.

Zombie mode is the best for mindless fun with friends though have to wait next year for the next instalment. Just want to make sure I have the game ready to go day one, xbox one is ordered with Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom