• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

That's what I feel like but I like new consoles and I know that when I read about peoples opinions on it I'll want one. Dc is getting one too so he'll tell me how good it is.

My PC can run BF4 but I don't think any of my friends are interested in it this time (they didn't play the beta and we played the shit out of BF3 beta)

AC4 could be interesting to get, not interested in Killzone though. £350 for maybe Fifa, AC4 and Nba.. Not too sure right now.

Eugh! Don't do it for these. Can't you be patient and get one in Feb/March instead?

kharma45

FM14 has third party ownership and stuff now. An agent owns 55% of Juan Iturbe. :mad:

Aye there's a lot of nice changes like that I've found so far.

That's what I feel like but I like new consoles and I know that when I read about peoples opinions on it I'll want one. Dc is getting one too so he'll tell me how good it is.

I can't really see any benefit to getting one now at launch expect to have something new.

My PC can run BF4 but I don't think any of my friends are interested in it this time (they didn't play the beta and we played the shit out of BF3 beta)

AC4 could be interesting to get, not interested in Killzone though. £350 for maybe Fifa, AC4 and Nba.. Not too sure right now.

I agree with a fella at Gametrailers that said PS4 is like an Apple device, many want it but with little reasoning behind it.

That said, I see it now. Kharma doesn't like Apple and is not getting a PS4 day one. dc has an iPhone and is getting a PS4.

Well I did buy a Wii U. :(

He has one too.

We gotta redeem ourselves somehow.

Kassu

Banned
Was that DriveClub delay rumour actually true? Didn't bother to read that thread on gaming since amount of trolling was absurd. If it was then I really don't know what I'll play with my PS4 besides Killzone..

I probably won't bother to buy Fifa for PS4 either, two of my friends already have it on PS3 and rest of my friends aren't even going to buy it this year.

sneaky77

Was that DriveClub delay rumour actually true? Didn't bother to read that thread on gaming since amount of trolling was absurd. If it was then I really don't know what I'll play with my PS4 besides Killzone..

I probably won't bother to buy Fifa for PS4 either, two of my friends already have it on PS3 and rest of my friends aren't even going to buy it this year.

I don't think it has been confirmed yet, which sucks cause I was looking forward to it.

Killzone and Fifa will have to do for me, as well as Resogun, I never had a ps3 so sound shapes may be interesting. And I may eventually cave and get AC4 depending on impressions. The download list looks good and one of my reasons for the ps4 is all the indy stuff that will probably come for it.

Yeah the only difference is the improved graphics with the new engine afaik, everything else is already in the current gen ones.

Wait what? Didn't they say that next gen would enable better AI and shit like that? Like I remember they said stuff about 4 way aerial battles and 11 player active AI vs 3 active AI is only possible with next gen processing power. Or am I high?

sneaky77

Wait what? Didn't they say that next gen would enable better AI and shit like that? Like I remember they said stuff about 4 way aerial battles and 11 player active AI vs 3 active AI is only possible with next gen processing power. Or am I high?

It has the new engine, but there are really no much more info about the gameplay, I am hoping for better AI but fifa 14 is probably going to be undercooked.

Scum

It's EA, mate. Think of that for a sec.

LTWheels

God what a night.

My younger sister went out for drinks with work this evening. At 11, we get a call saying that she's getting the train home. Sounds a tiny bit tipsy but mostly all right. For some reason she decided to take the long way around on the underground. By the time she gets to Vauxhall to get a train home there are only two trains left, 00:22 and 00:45. The journey home is 46mins.

We call up back up around 00:25 to find out that she missed the train as she was asleep. She now sounds very drunk on the phone and has thrown-up all over herself. My mum and I had to keep speaking on the phone to her for 81 mins to keep her awake and make sure that she gets off at the right station so I could pick her up.

All that time speaking on the phone to her was one of the most worrisome thing I've had to experience in a long time. Constant fear that something was going to happen to her as she is a small girl travelling home on her own. Especially when there was long pauses where she would not reply. Having to scream down the phone to keep her awake and make sure that nothing bad had happened to her.

Anyway the jokes on her now. She has to get up in 4 hours for work.

For United bros (for the love of god skip if you're fed up with Adnan)

Adnan and his father were on Kosovo tv and gave an interview. It was translated on redcafe.

'The debut was very good. From the beginning I have wanted to play for United and I had the chance to do it and score two goals for my family and fans'.

'How did the manager and the players reacted? Very good and all the players have celebrated, for me it was very good and I was very happy for scoring two goals'.

'I expect the season to be good, I have came here to play and now I will give the maximum. Of course, to become the best player in the world.

'I thank all the people in Kosovo. Thank you very much. The goal was for them.'

Asked about which national team he'll play, he answered:

'The decision is of my father's. He's behind me, so...'

Adnan's father

'Sir Alex Ferguson was very interested for the boy, but the boy told him that he has come to Manchester United only for one goal - the work on the pitch. He (SAF) gave very importance to Adnan and worked extremely good with him, because he probably has something more than the other players and because Adnan was ready to work with him'

'Goals against Sunderland? I was on the stadium with my brother who works in Belgium because he is very important for Adnan, and has been near him every moment and has helped me very much especially when Adnan was at Anderlecht. He sent him to the training so he is very linked to the boy'.

'Many people have asked me how I felt after the first goal cause I am his father and have worked with him for quite a long time. I was happy that he scored goals, but this isn't the end, he has a lot of work to do. Now we have entered that stage when you want to achieve the highest level. I was happy, especially when the fans started singing his name, I was really on emotions there. But as his father, I was prepared for any scenario. When the match finished, I was happy that the club took 3 points and it was Adnan who made the difference'.

'After the match, I gave him only a call but he didn't gave me signs of enthusiasm. In this team he is very careful, and the media here have made some comparisons that how is possible that an 18 years old boy to not heavily celebrate after a fantastic brace. But he made it simple. This make everyone to understand that he is a very disciplined player'.

'Adnan doesn't like the media, he stays away from it. He is concentrated only on the pitch and nowhere else. And if he sees another player after he opens an internet web page , for him this isn't anything extraordinary. (don't have any idea what he tried to say here'.

'The negotiations for his contract have began 5-6 months ago but we aren't still at the final stage, because there are many parameters, but everything is going right. He has every chance to stay at United. I won't talk for years because he hasn't signed yet. Although there was interest from other teams - because his contract expires on the summer - he will stay here. There are a few European clubs interested for him, but I am not going to tell the names.

'Look , for this I will publish something in the next days, because there was a lot of talk in the recent times for him in Albanian mediums. I want to confirm that Adnan Januzaj doesn't have facebook, and I also do not use it. Because there are some information that he is posting there and I want to tell everybody that Adnan doesn't use facebook. A few unauthorized people are using his name, and I will find out why they are linked with the 'Say yes to Albania' campaign'.

'I want to clarify the international team business in short points. Until now, I didn't had any call from Albanian FA to talk about Adnan. This thing, Albanians should know clearly, because here is talking his father and his manager for some things that I control. Albanian FA (FSHF) haven't ever called us. FSHF has only spread disinformation that they have talked with us, and that the president of FFSH has talked with Adnan eight months ago which is not true. Two nights ago, (my brothers) said to me that there was a TV program on Klan (Albanian famous TV station) for him and I need to watch it'.

'I want to tell FSHF, that Adnan hasn't refused anyone. They say that we haven't answered their calls. But there is the Manchester United club when they could have found contacts. The club has told me that an Albanian office has tried to talk with Adnan, but no-one can do that because Adnan doesn't deal with this, so they have closed the door to themself. Also, we haven't even seen 'Say yes to Albania' campaign because we do not use facebook. He said that if he feels to play for Serbia to play for them. This doesn't give you the choice to give a chance to Albanian FA'. (As I explained several days ago, the possibility that Adnan can play for Serbia would look like an offense to him and his family).

'They have closed the door. To me, there should come people who are professionaly prepared and are correct. There isn't any other way. I won't negotiate with anyone else. I don't personally know Armando Duka (head of FSHF) but I am talking how FSHF has acted in a total unauthorized and non-professional way. Is there any chance that Adnan will play for Albania? I don't want to close the door to Albania national team. In that TV program there was a senator from Kosovo (Berat Buzhala) who said that Adnan has gone from Croatia to Belgium, and he has Croatian passport. I have only been to Croatia in a holiday, because in Belgium I have gone in a legal way. My wife is a Kosovan Albanian from Istog (same city as him) and I don't understand how there are voices who say that my wife is Croatian or Serbian, or that Januzaj has Croatian citizenship. Those are lies. We are from Istog'.

We haven't closen the door to any international team, especially no to Albanian team, because we are Albanian. But they have closen the door because they have given insane disinformation. He (Armando Duka) says that they have called Adnan when he was 13 years old...this is lunacy. These people who work on FSHF don't have a chance to work with me. To me they should send professional people who work in order to call Albanian talented players, but not in this way'. (it is a bit of a play of words here so cannot translate it exactly without losing it's context). ;These are things that absolutely doesn't have any effect on me.'

'They have tried even with Lorik Cana (Albanian captain, plays for Lazio, on the past was the captain of Marseille and Sunderland). I respect that player cause he has had an extraordinary career but he doesn't have any effect on me to send Adnan to play for Albania. Not him, not anyone else. Only professional people can come and sit on the negotiation table with me'.

'He won't play at the moment for Belgium too, because for now he is trying to do well for the club. There were attempts from the Belgium manager to get him to play against Croatia, but he couldn't succeed on it. Because they should come here and talk in a sportive manner. I don't make blackmail to anyone, I don't have anything to do with blackmailing. They will come to us. I say to Belgium manager that I do not blackmail him for Januzaj. There are people who work for him (Januzaj), not Albanians but Belgian people'.

'England? Roy Hodgson has said that they are watching him and if there are juridical ways for Adnan to play for England, then he will make the call. But there is a lot to do in order for this to happen. At the moment we are focused only to the club of Manchester United'.

'I want Adnan to play for Kosovo, but the situation here is more delicate because FIFA hasn't accepted our place. But these are things that we will see later. I don't want to exclude the possibility that Adnan will play for Kosovo (Kosovo can play only friendly matches for U23 or more younger teams at the moment), but these are very delicate things. I don't understand how people say that he could play for Serbia, when there isn't any chance for this to ever happen. Turkey, Serbia and Croatia are excluded from this 'competition'.

'I salute the Albanian people who have always supported Adnan, and I thank them all. Adnan thanks them all too. But the Albanian nation should know that only professional people can come to talk with me. Not people who lie and make disinformation. I won't talk with them'

His dad sounds like those pageant moms who live through their kids. Either that or Joseph Jackson who disciplines his son so much in order for him to reach the top.

GorillaJu

The next gen console hype is seriously taking a dive. I was excited for Driveclub among others, I guess it'll be Killzone + indies for a while for me, then.

I'm almost buying one because I genuinely fear the death of consoles. I don't want it to happen.

sneaky77

The next gen console hype is seriously taking a dive. I was excited for Driveclub among others, I guess it'll be Killzone + indies for a while for me, then.

I'm almost buying one because I genuinely fear the death of consoles. I don't want it to happen.

I think it's going to be fine in the long run, way too much overreaction in the gaming side over a couple of delays, launch titles always come in hot, I rather they delay driveclub 3-4 months and make it better

Do you have any idea where I could find Yoji Yamamoto's y3 line for sale? Stuff from like 5 years ago or so? Or is it now impossible to find?

I was trying to work out why FM was taking forever to sync to Steam Cloud....

4lpkL3d.png

I guess it takes the documents file including all the badges and faces into the cloud as well :lol

GorillaJu

Do you have any idea where I could find Yoji Yamamoto's y3 line for sale? Stuff from like 5 years ago or so? Or is it now impossible to find?

Tough ask. If you were in Japan I'd say used clothing stores that specialize in high end clothing would definitely have it as well as Yahoo Auctions.

Not sure where in the states you would find it.

I think Lambda is in charge of the data gathering for the Portuguese League. Sporting is weak as shit and sells almost every decent player while Benfica has beaten Barcelona in the Champions League Semi-Finals.

Meier

There's now clean sheet bonuses for defenders too. Man, this version is gonna be tricky financially. -_- For some reason, even though I am supposed to handle the contract negotiations, it keeps offering one automatically on my incoming transfers too.. very weird.

Tough ask. If you were in Japan I'd say used clothing stores that specialize in high end clothing would definitely have it as well as Yahoo Auctions.

Not sure where in the states you would find it.

I guess I'll try the yahoo auctions. I used to use the proxy SharpService from Superfuture, but 2 years ago I sent them money, they failed to buy this lad musician turtle neck and would not answer my emails for months. It was strange as I never had a problem before. I guess I'll try and look if their reputation is now better after their fuck ups.

This password changing shit is annoying. Evilore is just mad he choked against England and is taking it out on poor Neogaf users.

I honestly couldn't remember my password so I tried a bunch (along with the newly proposed password) and it kept saying the old passwords weren't compatible with my username so I was logged out after a while. My old email was changed so I couldn't just reset my password. I try logging in and after a couple of tries I try the new password and it worked.

Thought I wasn't going to be able to log in again.

LOOOOOOOOOOL, Mexico just fired their coach, that makes it 3 coaches fired in less than 2 months.

1st coach fired after losing against Honduras at the Azteca in September
2nd coach fired after losing against USA in the next game (lasted 1 game)
3rd coach won against Panama and lost in Costa Rica, fired after those games.

LOOOOOOOOOOL, Mexico just fired their coach, that makes it 3 coaches fired in less than 2 months.

1st coach fired after losing against Honduras at the Azteca in September
2nd coach fired after losing against USA in the next game (lasted 1 game)
3rd coach won against Panama and lost in Costa Rica, fired after those games.

Vucetich was fired?

iYRZWQSCZO2BU.gif

:lol

Gaf, this guy is going to be the new coach.

icGBCgE75wg0q.gif

Vucetich was fired?

iYRZWQSCZO2BU.gif

:lol

Gaf, this guy is going to be the new coach.

icGBCgE75wg0q.gif

Tena lasted 1 game
Vuce lasted 2 games
Piojo will last ... 3 games? (Finland, both NZ games? LOL)

I wonder if Piojo will actually bench or even not call Chicharo, Giovani, Aquino, Ochoa and those divas... I wonder if he has the balls... (probably doesn't depend on him though)

Tena lasted 1 game
Vuce lasted 2 games
Piojo will last ... 3 games? (Finland, both NZ games? LOL)

I wonder if Piojo will actually bench or even not call Chicharo, Giovani, Aquino, Ochoa and those divas... I wonder if he has the balls... (probably doesn't depend on him though)

Piojo? Is that Pulga's relative? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom