• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
And over half the money I earn goes on rent, because I'm doing a graduate scheme in London.

And you'd be foolish to go back in for Suarez because we just won't let it happen. You're wasting your own time. You should've paid big for Higauin.

Honestly I think he is on another level to Higuain. I would offer Liverpool 50m, the same price they got for a wantaway Torres.

Arsene pls

Arnie

Honestly I think he is on another level to Higuain. I would offer Liverpool 50m, the same price they got for a wantaway Torres.

Arsene pls
Meus, seriously. In a world where we sold Torres for 50 million, and where Bale is going for upwards of 80, why would we agree to give our rivals a player of his calibre for such a price.

You aren't thinking this through.

Batigol

Banned
(Blind)

=

FlfZc3j.jpg

PES 2014 :lol

They've literally guessed what every player looks like

Salvadora

I want us to go in for someone like Mirallas this winter.

Obviously not world class, but nice and solid. Could give Giroud a needed rest + boost us for the second half of the campaign. That and a CB.

Arnie

Obviously not world class, but nice and solid. Could give Giroud a needed rest + boost us for the second half of the campaign. That and a CB.
You need a striker, really. And you should go for a goalkeeper, too.

I have to go to work.

Shoot me.

Wake at 7. Get in at 7. Soup for lunch.

Shoot me.
I'm currently at the point where I wish I was back to full time employment, but I know once I get there I'll just wish I was back at uni. Basically I'm a lazy wanker and like doing whatever I feel like, which often times is nothing.

Barzul

Ok what happens if Atletico wins La Liga? Does anything change i.e a more competitive league revenue wise or is the status quo just maintained?

Salvadora

You need a striker, really. And you should go for a goalkeeper, too.
We should be throwing the chequebook at a top keeper.

Our defence, while solid, is prone to fits of absolute madness. Having someone there who you could be confident of pulling a worldie when called into action is direly needed. Szczesny has never shown any signs of being 'top' in any department.

Breaks my heart to see what Mignolet is doing for Liverpool because he shows what a great keeper can do for a club, and he was very available. I didn't mention buying one because I know deep down that Wenger has no intention of going for one.

Hixx

Is anyone watching the GTA Mythbusters series on youtube? It is fucking ace, this game is brilliant.

cool but not really story related spoiler:
if you follow another main character when the AI is controlling them, after a while they will turn around and deck you!

Is anyone watching the GTA Mythbusters series on youtube? It is fucking ace, this game is brilliant.

cool but not really story related spoiler:
if you follow another main character when the AI is controlling them, after a while they will turn around and deck you!

Yep!

You can let your dog fetch a grenade

Barzul

No if the player is no world class or close to that level forget about them. In a year Ox will be so much better than Mirallas and we're stuck with more deadwood. This winter I say we go for a loan deal if we can't sign a striker like Diego Costa or Rooney (who will have just a year left). I personally think Wenger will go for Rooney, but if that can't happen we should look for a loan deal somewhere. I still wish we signed Villa on like a 2 year contract, would have been the perfect stop gap and versatile too. As far a CB goes we need one can't think of who would be available though, maybe Nkoulou if Marseille don't make to the next round?

GorillaJu

Happy to get the ball rolling again and see Suarez and Sturridge back to their best. Gonna download the match later because I couldn't stay up to watch it but Walshy, Wheels etc have a quick breakdown for me?

Arnie

Toure celebrating with Brendan when Suarez gets the third <3
Absolutely amazing.

Need a gif of it. And the one where he collapsed on Giak on the byline. Just love him.

Our defence, while solid, is prone to fits of absolute madness. Having someone there who you could be confident of pulling a worldie when called into action is direly needed. Szczesny has never shown any signs of being 'top' in any department.

Breaks my heart to see what Mignolet is doing for Liverpool because he shows what a great keeper can do for a club, and he was very available. I didn't mention buying one because I know deep down that Wenger has no intention of going for one.

Aye, Mignolet is amazing. Absolute colossus. Makes a huge difference to our mentality knowing how good he is. Consistent, too. It feels like a lot of our inconsistency over the past few years has been typified by Reina. Not that it was all him, just that he summed up 'lolerpool'.

Barzul

That keeper was Lloris, absolute stupidity that Wenger let him leave to Spurs for 10m. Could have easily been ours if we pushed for it. We won't be signing a keeper to the summer at least if at all. If we win something with Szczeny is goal this year and finish in the top 3 or so, I see Wenger sticking with Szcz. He's not a bad keeper, just prone to moments of madness that he needs to cut out of his game. Needs to be more commanding on crosses, work on his distribution (he's improved this season) and be less over eager to set up attacks when we're winning by a goal with 5 minutes on the clock.

Suen

i don't mind working but i do think it's a gigantic waste of one's life.

by the time you retire your body is destroyed and your mind beggining to fade. enjoy the free time!
:looooool. This is how it feels for me when Parma get a 30+ years old player no one wants in Serie A.

Salvadora

No if the player is no world class or close to that level forget about them. In a year Ox will be so much better than Mirallas and we're stuck with more deadwood. This winter I say we go for a loan deal if we can't sign a striker like Diego Costa or Rooney (who will have just a year left). I personally think Wenger will go for Rooney, but if that can't happen we should look for a loan deal somewhere. I still wish we signed Villa on like a 2 year contract, would have been the perfect stop gap and versatile too. As far a CB goes we need one can't think of who would be available though, maybe Nkoulou if Marseille don't make to the next round?
At the end of the day you can't sign players that aren't available, Barzul.

Rooney, Suarez... fantastic players that I would trade my left nut for, but they probably won't be sold this winter or summer and definitely not to us. At the moment our striking options are Giroud (good), Bendtner (bad), Podolski (bad), Park (very bad) and Walcott at a stretch (bad). We simply can't go through the season like that and expect a top four finish in the current climate.

Mirallas is out of the picture anyway because he already turned us down , but he fits the bill of what we should be looking for this winter. It isn't about building up new deadwood (because players like Bendtner and Park will be off this summer anyway when their contracts expire), because we will probably need more than one anyway. Sanogo is still an unknown.
tumblr_mtw7759LRi1r3hdp3o1_250.gif

Our creative players are of enough quality to lift even middling striker up anyway.

Suarez could have been scoring for us

:(

I hope we go back in for him again at the end of the season. Giroud isn't the man to lead our attack.

The more I watch this Arsenal side the more I'm convinced a Suarez isn't what we need. That's not to say he wouldn't improve us, but Balotelli/Cavani have the sort of attributes required to be a lone-striker for this midfield. Suarez was a smart target when it didn't look like we were going to address the creativity situation, but now that we have, and now that Ramsey's becoming more incisive, we should be looking at an all-round, athletic striker who can score from range as well as with his head.

Nothing is gonna happen in January though, aside from maybe a decent stop-gap if we get lucky. I mentioned it yesterday, and will probably get laughed at, but Diego Forlan for 6 months might be a shrewd move. He showed at the Confederations Cup that he's still sharp, strong, and dangerous both in and outside the box.

I was thinking Luis Muriel before, but he's too green, and isn't really getting the opportunity to be the killer up top with Di Natale in the side. He's creative as fuck, but right now, he's not lethal. He's a few years off being a world-class player though.

GorillaJu

Lloris is the best keeper in the league, in my opinion. De Gea second. Mignolet third.

Cech is still tops, for me.

Lloris is a time bomb. Those "hold triangle" bum rushes he makes at the ball are going to prove his weak point. He's already handled once outside the box and gotten away with it.

Wilbur

Banned
Lloris is the best keeper in the league, in my opinion. De Gea second. Mignolet third.

Mig fourth. DDG third, Lloris second. Cech first.

The last two or three seasons, he's absolutely back to his best form. Along with Lopez and Courtois, the best keeper in the world right now.

What are you even basing this on hahaha

fuck me you're a treasure Barzul <3

Elchele

I have a related question. A girl from my class is inviting me to eat and watch movies at her place (she lives with her family, tho). She has a pseudo-boyfriend but doesn't mention him much.

Is this invitation as friend, or could it be something better? I don't really want to be her friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom