• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rafa's at 16 spent on net. You're the one who wanted to talk about net spending, remember? :p

You want to see my point? I'll give you an over-exaggerated example. A team buys 100 players for 3 million each. 20 percent of them turn out to be good, the rest garbage. And then someone comes out and says "look how cheaply we assembled this team, all our starting players only cost 3 million each". You see how that statement would be misleading?

Again

we complain about spending money on the Pelusos and Padoins ALL THE TIME.

It's infuriating to see us spend 40m on Asamoah and Isla but not a fucking world class striker.

That's true.

But is spending 10 million from our deep pockets (on mediocre players no less) the reason why we won last night? Which is basically Rafa's point I guess?
You don't see that having the financial flexibility to buy a bunch of 10 million players in hope that some turn out to be great (Vidals of the world) while taking losses on the garbage(Giovincos) is an advantage?

FootballFan

Rafa's at 16 spent on net. You're the one who wanted to talk about net spending, remember? :p

You want to see my point? I'll give you an over-exaggerated example. A team buys 100 players for 3 million each. 20 percent of them turn out to be good, the rest garbage. And then someone comes out and says "look how cheaply we assembled this team, all our starting players only cost 3 million each". You see how that statement would be misleading?

I think a better example is Barca fans who say we don't spend any money because we occasionally have a starting 11 of La Masia players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You don't see that having the financial flexibility to buy a bunch of 10 million players in hope that some turn out to to great (Vidals of the world) while taking losses on the garbage(Giovincos) is an advantage?

No. We're crippling ourselves by wasting our financial muscle on 'gambles'. I posted a table of our flops a while ago and the figure was utterly shocking.

We lost too many (well, all our targets really) because of our penny-pinching too.

So many needless squad players and they almost never play. -_-

Just to reiterate my original point:

Just because Juve's starting 11 was assembled relatively cheaply does not invalidate Rafa's point.

Juve spend lots of money, it just happened that the players that they hit on were relatively cheap compared to their misses.

I think a better example is Barca fans who say we don't spend any money because we occasionally have a starting 11 of La Masia players.

Yes, but why would somebody ever expect Barca fans to make sense? They obviously completely ignore how much money was spent over the years on all the horse HGH/blood spinning that went into those La Masia players.

FootballFan

Yes, but why would somebody ever expect Barca fans to make sense? They obviously completely ignore how much money was spent over the years on all the horse HGH/blood spinning that went into those La Masia players.

Sviat pls. Messi is dead. We have a new king.

I wonder what loskov thinks of rafa's comments.

Jin_7

o395jyflr9g.gif

full video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOHWCGbW-JI

L. Suarez:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytmDQhMCmi8&list=PLxfJCRdAzYrU9FxkKtOcHxlAj5tgc3d7-&index=52

Balotelli:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04yqaXHKi1g&list=PLxfJCRdAzYrU9FxkKtOcHxlAj5tgc3d7-

It does, because it wasn't the reason he lost last night.

Well I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on the tactics and such, lol. Spalletti, Criscito and Capello are the only Italians I need in my football-related life.

Even if Rafa was outcoached and used money as a convenient excuse, it doesn't change my stance. Hint: look at what I replied to when this back and forth started. I just wanted to call you out on a post where you made it seem that Juve don't spend lots of money on players.

Wilbur

Banned
the real important part

8 billion pound player Hulk has missed three penalties in a row, Zenit got dicked by Spartak, Rafa lost, Arsenal lost and City lost

Please svia

Admit defeat

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just wanted to call you out on a post where you made it seem that Juve don't spend lots of money on players.

call me out :lol :lol

made it seem :lol :lol

It's all in your head. I, of all people, complain the most about wasting our financial advantage on squad/shit players.

edit:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL why even bother

I'm done with you

Nice try Yurt-chan, I caught your post pre-edit. No need to take it so personally, I don't care much either way for Juventus or Napoli. Or basically all non cunt-hair clubs. I'm just an agent of chaos. It will probably be worse when the Russian League goes on winter break. Bantz will be all I have left.

the real important part

8 billion pound player Hulk has missed three penalties in a row, Zenit got dicked by Spartak, Rafa lost, Arsenal lost and City lost

Please svia

Admit defeat

btw Spaghetti said in his post-game press conference that he explicitly said pre-game that Kerzhakov was supposed to be the designated pelanty taker. Hulk ignored it.

call me out :lol :lol

made it seem :lol :lol

It's all in your head. I, of all people, complain the most about wasting our financial advantage on squad/shit players.

Just that one post is all I'm talking about. <3 <3 <3 Of course I remember that Juve-gaf loves to complain about everything.

And immediately their goober fans started bleating about being top of the league

It's almost like they know it can't last
Of course it won't last.

Wenger dared to compare his whimps to the class of '92 and then started talking about nerves.

NERVES. Hahahahaha. Giggs and co thrived under the spotlight.

Manager, players, fans. Crybabies the lot of them. Winning nothing.

Wilbur

Banned
Rafa won, because his heart is still at Anfield

cringe, bitches

I hope you get fired and my brother takes your job and your PS4 deposit

international football

And immediately their goober fans started bleating about being top of the league

It's almost like they know it can't last

They've been doing it ever since they went top. Panic sets in. They can feel Moyes' hot Branston Pickle breath on their necks. Piers Morgan is arranging a meeting with Dignitas. It begins, Sally.

btw Spaghetti said in his post-game press conference that he explicitly said pre-game that Kerzhakov was supposed to be the designated pelanty taker. Hulk ignored it.

:loooooooooool

No he didn't. What a cunt hahaha

Wilbur

Banned
Of course it won't last.

Wenger dared to compare his whimps to the class of '92 and then started talking about nerves.

NERVES. Hahahahaha. Giggs and co thrived under the spotlight.

Manager, players, fans. Crybabies the lot of them. Winning nothing.

You have made some stunning posts in the last 24 hours.

The 92 stuff was a little weird. Odd how Wenger gives so many chances to youth but the only ones to really make it through the system are Wilshere and Szceezy (I think?). Guess Gibbs as well but he's still got a lot more to do.

someone shoot him

why u do dis then

Look, I made a semi-troll post. You could have ignored it and moved on. Instead, you decided to throw around filthy accusations like calling me a Canadian. You made it personal, Yurt, baby. I couldn't back down at that point.

Elchele

Look, I made a semi-troll post. You could have ignored it and moved on. Instead, you decided to throw around filthy accusations like calling me a Canadian. You made it personal, Yurt, baby. I couldn't back down at that point.

when are you going to drop zenit and follow your whitecaps heart?

You have made some stunning posts in the last 24 hours.

The 92 stuff was a little weird. Odd how Wenger gives so many chances to youth but the only ones to really make it through the system are Wilshere and Szceezy (I think?). Guess Gibbs as well but he's still got a lot more to do.
His players aren't even that young anymore.

They've been around for a good while. There's no reason for them to be nervous.

Says a lot.

K1LLER7

For me, Wenger's best youth player to come through has been Ashley Cole.

Might not like the guy, but he's a terrific player.

I genuinely couldn't care less about RVP celebrating. The little boy inside him was ecstatic and why shouldn't he be?

He's not an Arsenal player anymore, get over it.

Zabojnik

International break. Why. WHY. We had one a few weeks back.

Although ... Italy - Germany could be a nice friendly, if Italy show up. Ah, right. It's a friendly. So they won't.

Chiellini, Vidal, Licht, Vucinic, get well soon, ffs. We're fucked without you.

Wilbur

Banned
International break. Why. WHY. We had one a few weeks back.

Although ... Italy - Germany could be a nice friendly, if Italy show up. Ah, right. It's a friendly. So they won't.

Chiellini, Vidal, Licht, Vucinic, get well soon, ffs. We're fucked without you.

Not another one for a while after this right? Although you and the others will have a winter break soon?

Christmas in the PL is the fucking best. Feels like there's a game every day it's fantastic.

Zabojnik

Christmas in the PL is the fucking best. Feels like there's a game every day it's fantastic.

I wish it was like that in Italy as well, the Christmas / New Year break is stupid. There's a ton of money to be made, since people are on holiday. I'm sure the players like it though.

BYxUBNrCMAER2pn.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I wish it was like that in Italy as well, the Christmas / New Year break is stupid. There's a ton of money to be made, since people are on holiday. I'm sure the players like it though.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYxUBNrCMAER2pn.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Yeah they probably do. I will maintain until I die it is why we don't win the World Cup. Our talent level is superior to everyone else's. Pogba's just the black Phil Jones.

Wilbur

Banned
Things aren't going to get better with the Southampton lot there now as well. Gonna have to restrain from thumping teams by double digits lest their countries hold uprisings against their respective FAs.

Top Bottom