• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wilbur

Banned
Let's stop picking on Cleverley okay? Pogba couldn't get in front of him for United. That clearly shows you his quality.

bjaelke

They're on top of the league. You wouldn't know, that's where you haven't been for a while.
But they're heading there.

Premier League ‏@premierleague
The last team to stop Arsenal from scoring in a #BPL match was David Moyes’ Everton in April - 16 matches ago #MUNARS pic.twitter.com/FcLIgH1E6g
Let's stop picking on Cleverley okay? Pogba couldn't get in front of him for United. That clearly shows you his quality.

Back then he was ClevGod. Runner up to the 2015 Ballon d'Or.

Wilbur

Banned
They're on top of the league. You wouldn't know, that's where you haven't been for a while.

We are Premier League champions. They wouldn't know, that's where they haven't been for a while.

Chelsea are FA Cup champions. They wouldn't know, that's where they haven't been for a while.

Swansea are League Cup champions. They wouldn't know, that's where they haven't been for a while.

Bayern are CL champions. They wouldn't know, that's where they haven't been ever.

Wilbur

Banned
Which makes the "its been a long while since I woke up on a Monday and was happy being a United fan" comment even more hilarious.

Cry me a river.

How the tables have turned

United bros it's time to initiate Operation Uppity Cunts

FIFTH IN THE LEAGUE
U R AVIN A LAUGH

Wilbur

Banned
Weren't you the one endlessly predicting that United were guaranteed to win the PL during the past transfer window?

Yep. Said if we don't win it then Moyes has massively fucked up considering the quality of our squad compared to everyone else's.

I know Moyes > Pep but I can't help but feel you mixed up the names while posting that, El Topo baby.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
vF0LJ6k.jpg

they aren't

look up

<3

Wes

venison crêpe
Nearly £1.4bn was wiped from the stock market value of BSkyB on Monday as the City reacted to its loss of the rights to broadcast live Champions League and Europa League football matches to BT Sport.

sohois

You *do* have several great players. Kagawa was great at Dortmund, if he sucks now it ain't his fault.

To be fair, given that most of United's rivals have been disappointing as well they could still end up on top. I mean let's not kid ourselves, it ain't gonna be Arsenal on top. Them winning would be like Robben not choki....eh...

Edit:
You know what? Fuck it. United are gonna win this. The competition is shit and will choke sooner or later. The first few matches were just a setback for Moyeezus, who's going to lead United to the promised land. Well, except for the Champions League, where they'll get torn apart.

I was about to agree with your more measured assumption and then you decided to double down on foolishness.

Well, I'm certainly not one to assign anything so mad as a zero possibility to a team winning the league in November, yet I must still declare a certain amount of skepticism towards your renewed prediction

Wilbur

Banned
You *do* have several great players. Kagawa was great at Dortmund, if he sucks now it ain't his fault.

You know what? Fuck it. United are gonna win this. The competition is shit and will choke sooner or later. The first few matches were just a setback for Moyeezus, who's going to lead United to the promised land. Well, except for the Champions League, where they'll get torn apart.

The edited part yesssss

Disagree on Kagawa though; I love him and I accept that he's being played out of position and sometimes hasn't been given enough chances, but he absolutely has to take some of the blame if he's playing shit. No reason a player as class as him can't function effectively in that position. Might not be as good, but there's a narrative that he's completely devoid of blame, which is wrong. Sometimes he just plays bad.

Wilbur

Banned
Also lets just... lets... okay lets just

If I fuck up or piss off my lady real bad, I am punished with a pegging. I do not mind but my lady is rough when pissed and being roughly pegged sucks man. And If I refuse, the only action I will get in my near future is with my hand. :

My answer, sure but only if I didn't piss off my lady beforehand.

Wilbur

Banned
That's a fantastic thread by the way. Laughing as I walk to university.

PS4 is there today, AC4. Gonna get my hands on pirate pashwari in t-minus 11 minutes

[Fugo]

There is no way in hell Rossi is moving in January or even next summer. If Fiorentina had to sacrifice anyone - any they really don't need to - it would be my boy Cuadrado.

Fiorentina-GAF here.

We don't sell good players that have a purpose on our team.
That's why we sold you Felipe Melo back then
Troll.png

and that's why we allowed Montolilol go to Milan.
You should be grateful we didn't sell you alwaysinjuredJovetic, actually. We did you a favour.

Suen

How come you didn't smang Lazio, Suen? They're in terrible form right now. I thought Parma would win for sure.
Lazio was anything but terrible in the game, they were much more determined to win the game. Klose kept threatening us but by far the best player in the match was Keita. He made Parma look like a bunch of fools, he played great in the game and if that game is anything to go by I think Lazio has a very promising player for their future
who will go to Arsenal

I thought we'd be more fierce in attack because Palladino was starting over Amauri and he is much more flexible in front of goal but our passes were really bad and Cassano got barely any balls. As I also mentioned earlier our play was very narrow, there was no width at all which becomes very noticable whenever Biabiany is not playing (was on the bench, likely still injured). I've also complained about how our defense has been horrible and how we are in desperate need of Paletta who only recently returned to the squad and how Bena should start more, this time we also missed Gargano (called to the national squad) which made our defense even more vulnerable because believe it or not he's been a rather decent player for defense. Valdes and Cassani are horrible, they need to go away with Amauri, they bring nothing to the team :(

Our best player was Sansone. No surprise there, you can see how badly the kid wants to play and worst of all is that despite being young he's one of the best we have there, he should be playing every damn game. He had a great shot at goal and Lucarelli's header came from Sansone's corner. Parolo worked very hard and keeps impressing me in our recent games. He's been called up for Italy friendles so that is a good sign. Now guess who Donadoni will barely use? Sansone. Curse you Milan, curse you for poisoning us.

Anyway, to describe the match in three words: Lazio dominated us.

Timurid

[Fugo];89398690 said:
Fiorentina-GAF here.

We don't sell good players that have a purpose on our team.
That's why we sold you Felipe Melo back then
Troll.png

and that's why we allowed Montolilol go to Milan.
You should be grateful we didn't sell you alwaysinjuredJovetic, actually. We did you a favour.
Lol

Razor554

We should be fine even without Messi for the rest of the year. Barça have 4 league games left this year and 3 of them should be easy 3 points with Athletic Bilbao away game the only tricky one.
Then we have 2 CDR matches against 3rd division team and 2 CL group games that are irrelevant.

Messi has had 6 thigh injuries this year... That will give even Robben a run for his money. He still manages to score 45 goals and giving 16 assists, playing many games unfit.

Clegg

Suspicious that Messi's injuries start flaring up again after his former coach, also a known drugs cheat, leaves Barcelona.

Atletico are going to win the league.

Carbonox

I wish 5 teams could get relegated cos that bottom 5 disappearing from the league will make the world beautiful and peaceful once more.
not that it ever was

Top Bottom