• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

tri_willy

Australia captain Lucas Neill believes that the 2014 FIFA World Cup is too important to be used as a platform to groom Socceroos stars.

Neill, who plays for J.League club Omija Ardija, is a member of Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou's 22-member squad for the international against Costa Rica in Sydney on 19 November.

Postecoglou, who replaced Holger Osieck after Ausrtalia suffered two heavy defeats against Brazil and France in the space of a month, is expected by fans to use the months leading up to the tournement to experiment and give young players a chance to show their credentials.

Neill wrote in his first column with Japanese news network Kyodo News that the World Cup was no place for experiments.

”One issue I want to comment on - which has been widely reported by the media - is that Australia should use the coming months to rebuild a team and not be concerned about results at next summer's World Cup and focus on using the tournament to season a younger generation of players, serving a future cause,” he said.

”But the mere suggestion that our place at a World Cup should be used as a trial or practice for the purpose of gaining experience is beyond comprehension to me.

”We've qualified for a World Cup and we must arrive there with the team best equipped to meet the challenges of the competition.

”After all, this current team carries the hopes and pride of a nation, representing all Australians.

”That isn't to say there aren't young footballers ready to take up the challenge and build upon the proud tradition of the Socceroos.

”I'm excited by the potential the newer members of the squad have demonstrated at the past few camps and over the coming years they will undoubtedly stamp their mark on the team as others have done before.

”I look forward to seeing them in the green and gold for many years to come.”

Neill said he was confident that Postecoglou has what it takes to be a successful Socceroos coach.

”I would like to begin by congratulating our new coach Ange Postecoglou on his appointment and wish him every success,” Neill said.

”Ange has a terrific track record in the A-League with Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory and now welcomes a challenge in the top job.

”I'm confident he will fully immerse himself in the role and will be keen to impose his style of play on the team as quickly as possible. Ange is a proud Australian and will be 100 per cent devoted to the national cause.”

FUCK OFF LUCASH NEILL YOU CUNT! you're definitely not part the best 11 let alone fucking 19 or 25 whatever players that are named! just fuck off forever!!!

Tommaso-Ghirardi.jpg

A 35 stone Isco

cremino

FUCK OFF LUCASH NEILL YOU CUNT! you're definitely not part the best 11 let alone fucking 19 or 25 whatever players that are named! just fuck off forever!!!

But he's right. WC is no place for experiments, especially when you have 4 years of qualifications and friendlies to do it

Clegg

Lots of bitter Arsenal fans on twitter today. Lots of rationalising and excuses too.

They're not taking this loss very well.

Nyx

Lol, last weekend the game Salernitana - Nocerina in the Serie C1 had to be cancelled in the 21st minute due to the Nocerina coach making 3 'tactical' subs in the first 10 minutes, after which 5 players got 'muscle-injuries'

All due to Nocerina players receiving death threats by the local mafia.

I love lower league Italian football!

Fuck Allegri.
YES.
Forza Inzaghi!
Too soon.
#FreeAllegri
#FreeMilan it's more like it.
Just wait for it.

Galliani: "The President and I have decided to stick with Allegri until the end of the season."
According to Sky, it seems like that's what will happen in a few hours.

Fuck.
You rossoneri cunts will take Gatusso and you'll love it
Gatusso? I don't know him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Who's going to replace Allegri? Any candidates?

Lol, last weekend the game Salernitana - Nocerina in the Serie C1 had to be cancelled in the 21st minute due to the Nocerina coach making 3 'tactical' subs in the first 10 minutes, after which 5 players got 'muscle-injuries'

Worse. It was by their own ultras.

cremino

The fans were the one that threatened the players because they were denied access to the stadium but it's the same thing anyway

Beaten by Yurt

You're making it even worse!

It's now in the closet just collecting dust. Should dig it out again soon.

Not gonna have all the money needed until the 25th. ShopTo are probably gonna start charging a good 10-12 days before launch like they did XBone.

I'm done for!

I think it will be a case of having to find one elsewhere.

That's why I made sure I put the money in this week and just paid it off early to make sure I got it.

Nyx

The fans were the one that threatened the players because they were denied access to the stadium but it's the same thing anyway

It must have been serious threats then.

I do know which team I will pick for my annual Italian lower league Football Manager game though. ;-)

Why is such a huge deal being made of Man Utd beating Arsenal, like they were the underdogs or something? It may have been more convincing than I expected, but you'd think Arsenal had lost 4-0 at Craven Cottage

dc89

Turns out Vidic was concussed in the game yesterday. He has now been released from hospital according to @RobHarris

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
is Vidic's contract up at the end of the season?
Yes!
Why is such a huge deal being made of Man Utd beating Arsenal, like they were the underdogs or something? It may have been more convincing than I expected, but you'd think Arsenal had lost 4-0 at Craven Cottage

Hey man there's nothing wrong with that

M6AqQ5k.jpg

XI of shame:

Chimenti
Salihamidzic, Zebina (sent off), Cannavaro (sent off)-Grosso
Camoranesi-Melo-Sissoko
Diego-Candreva
Trezeguet

Anderson

Even I can admit the Arsenal fans on here have been a bit insufferable, so I guess its just swings and roundabouts, it'll be our turn when we beat them in the reverse fixture

Even I can admit the Arsenal fans on here have been a bit insufferable, so I guess its just swings and roundabouts, it'll be our turn when we beat them in the reverse fixture

I mean the way the media are acting as though its the equivalent of the iceberg the Titanic smashed into. If Arsenal have even a jot of sense in their squad and fanbase, they'll just look at it as a game they were always likely to lose, and move on. Points won away to Man Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs would be a bonus for me if I was an Arsenal fan

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve's Curva Sud is closed for 2 matchdays, Curva Nord for 1.

Napoli fined €50,000, for sending five of our supporters to the hospital, vandalizing our stadium's bathrooms and seats. Worst fucking ultras ever.

Brilliant.

operon

The Arsenal fans talking like they'd won before the game like it was their birth right and you might as well inscribe the trophy now with their name on it has definitely fuel the smackdown talk

Top Bottom