• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Salvadora

I mean the way the media are acting as though its the equivalent of the iceberg the Titanic smashed into. If Arsenal have even a jot of sense in their squad and fanbase, they'll just look at it as a game they were always likely to lose, and move on. Points won away to Man Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs would be a bonus for me if I was an Arsenal fan
Validation of their already existing views.

Barry Glendenning put it best on Football Weekly, at some point it looked like an unchanging viewpoint that Arsenal had yet to face a "big" team or a "real" test despite victories over Liverpool & Dortmund and journalists wouldn't be satisfied until they had played everyone.

D4gt62S.gif

<3 Rachel Stevie

Any point getting Deadwood on Bluray, or is DVD good enough?

Seems the Bluray costs like £80, while the complete DVD collection is £17. Some of the DVD boxsets are between £60 and £120 :s

DVD will do then

GorillaJu

The thing that bothers Ronaldo most in that gif is that he knows his millions of creepy fanboys around the globe are clutching their CR7 teddy bears with tears in their eyes and saying "you can't do this to Cristiano!" It eats him up inside.

Clegg

Why is such a huge deal being made of Man Utd beating Arsenal, like they were the underdogs or something? It may have been more convincing than I expected, but you'd think Arsenal had lost 4-0 at Craven Cottage
The media positioned Arsenal as better than they actually are and United worse than they actually are.

They must now back track.

Zabojnik

diving XI

hart (LOL)
alves luiz bonucci alba
ramires busquets
robben bale young
neymar

whats your pick gaf?

couldnt think of anyone for the GK spot, so i chose hart for the lulz

Bonucci??? He dived like once and it was so incredibly bad he's not likely to try again anytime soon.

ibl62K522nO2h7.gif

900x900px-LL-0244ee12_larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

GorillaJu

The media positioned Arsenal as better than they actually are and United worse than they actually are.

Don't think it's down to the media. Everyone who's watched them would pretty much agree that Arsenal have been excellent and United dire.

Clegg

Don't think it's down to the media. Everyone who's watched them would pretty much agree that Arsenal have been excellent and United dire.
It was overplayed though. United have been struggling but still on an 8 game unbeaten run. The team isn't as bad as was suggested.

tri_willy

But he's right. WC is no place for experiments, especially when you have 4 years of qualifications and friendlies to do it

what the majority of us know within these 4 years that have passed is that neill has been way past it, as a matter of fact, well before the previous world cup. the previous coach had the responsibly to blood young talent, but never had the balls to get rid of the older guard... if you're going to tell me that he IS the best CB that australia has, then we are well and truly going to get all the proverbial rammings up the arse so bad that it'll take him years to feel the pain of the constant poundings that he has incurred with every goddamn game he plays for the national side from here on out (not to mention even his most recent games, where goals conceded are fucking plentiful)

deroli

Wow Roman in the DFB-kit. That's even weirder than seeing Großkreutz with the eagle on his chest. He can replace Toni Turek as the oldest goalie debutant in the national team. And we all know how this ended...

So we can only draw one logical conclusion: Weide für Deutschland!

Lightning

Banned
German GAF. Is it true that Mertesacker hasn't joined up with the German squad yet? Abd may not join up giving him a welcome 2 week rest.

According to reports Ozil as well staying in London as he is sick too?

arkon

Why is such a huge deal being made of Man Utd beating Arsenal, like they were the underdogs or something? It may have been more convincing than I expected, but you'd think Arsenal had lost 4-0 at Craven Cottage

Because they haven't started the season well. Their points tally from other games against the "big" teams was abysmal prior to the game. Still is really. From the Arsenal perspective it's a game people can use to beat them over the head with the they're-not-quite-ready-for-the-title schtick. Plus you look at their respective form going into the game.

Salvadora

Nearly everything written about the current Arsenal side has been prefixed with "if they get an injury to Giroud/Mertesacker/Koscielny...." -

There is no back track because this has been widely acknowledged.

Gorlak

Banned
German GAF. Is it true that Mertesacker hasn't joined up with the German squad yet? Abd may not join up giving him a welcome 2 week rest.

According to reports Ozil as well staying in London as he is sick too?

Yeah, kicker.de says about the same, they won't play Italy, but there is a chance they will play against England. That's not exactly a two weeks rest.

Top Bottom