• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

ikRZXbZxy04TL.gif

Just saw this GIF, made me preorder it.

SoGood.gif

#WiiU-bros

What is this

UIkraine: Pyatov; Fedetskyi, Khacheridi, Rakitskyi, Shevchuk; Tymoschuk, Rotan ; Yarmolenko, Edmar, Konoplyanka; Zozulya

France: Lloris, Debuchy, Koscielny, Abidal, Evra, Matuidi, Pogba, Remy, Nasri, Ribery, Giroud

Samedov, Loko legend to the rescue.
It was a tap-in off a rebound. Although I guess Kerzhakov could have missed it.

Scum

You lot are not seriously considering watching England play a friendly when there's WC Qualifiers on, right? Shame on you!

hey don't get me wrong Wilbs, I love QT.
3AQmK.gif

RDJ makes everything good

Robert_Downey_Jr._lip_bite.gif

Did RDJ overcome an alcohol addiction to get to where he is now? No doubt he enjoys a tipple every now and then...

ikRZXbZxy04TL.gif

Just saw this GIF, made me preorder it.

SoGood.gif

#WiiU-bros

Can't fucking wait!

Wilbur

Banned
UIkraine: Pyatov; Fedetskyi, Khacheridi, Rakitskyi, Shevchuk; Tymoschuk, Rotan ; Yarmolenko, Edmar, Konoplyanka; Zozulya

France: Lloris, Debuchy, Koscielny, Abidal, Evra, Matuidi, Pogba, Remy, Nasri, Ribery, Giroud

Is Debuchy actually France's first choice RB :lol? Surely Jallet, Sagna and Corchia are better.

Front six are good tho. Pogba and Matuidi is real formidable.

Lightning

Banned

Well that's very sporting of France giving Ukraine a good head start by starting Debuchy. Aside from that I like that team.

Wilbur

Banned
Tut tut, Wilbz.

Scott > Tarantino.

Genuinely something wrong with your brain if you believe this.

He's made 21 films up to and including the Counsellor. I've seen 18 of them (not KoH, White Squall or Someone to watch over me)

One of them (Alien) is a masterpiece. Two of them (Blade Runner and The Duellists) are very good. Four of them (Black Rain, Gladiator, Thelma & Louise and Matchstick Men) are good.

That's seven. The other eleven range from okay (Counsellor, Legend, Black Hawk Down), to utterly wasted potential (Prometheus, American Gangster, 1492 - Counsellor can go here as well), to anonymous (Body of Lies, A Good Year), to shit (Robin Hood, GI Jane, Hannibal).

He has a reputation based off two films 30 years ago and one film at the start of the millennium. Even for all the people who seem to love KoH directors cut it still isn't feted much by the majority. Alien, Blade Runner and Gladiator are the three people love.

He's bang overrated.

Portugal´s starting 11 :

Rui Patricio; João Pereira, Pepe, Bruno Alves, Coentrão; Miguel Veloso, Raul Meireles, João Moutinho; Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo and Helder Postiga.

Still think Willy Carvalho should have started. Veloso´s knee isn´t 100% and Meireles hasn´t played a match in almost 2 monts.

Ughh. So jealous of Loko players.

Can't really call Samedov a Loko player. He's whored himself around all of Moscow, having played for Loko, Spartak, Dinamo and even FC Moskva before they disbanded. Classic mercenary. He'll be back to kissing the Spartak or Dinamo badge in no time.

Clegg

Genuinely something wrong with your brain if you believe this.

He's made 21 films up to and including the Counsellor. I've seen 18 of them (not KoH, White Squall or Someone to watch over me)

One of them (Alien) is a masterpiece. Two of them (Blade Runner and The Duellists) are very good. Four of them (Black Rain, Gladiator, Thelma & Louise and Matchstick Men) are good.

That's seven. The other eleven range from okay (Counsellor, Legend, Black Hawk Down), to utterly wasted potential (Prometheus, American Gangster, 1492), to anonymous (Body of Lies, A Good Year), to shit (Robin Hood, GI Jane, Hannibal).

He has a reputation based off two films 30 years ago and one film at the start of the millennium. Even for all the people who seem to love KoH directors cut it still isn't feted much by the majority. Alien, Blade Runner and Gladiator are the three people love.

He's bang overrated.
You could easily say the exact same about Tarantino and his films. He hasn't made as many, but out of those he directed, 3 are brilliant, 3 are good and 2 are average. It's tempting to say Tarantino has a greater level of consistency, but then you have to remember is much smaller body if work.

Both are still better directors than the husk of James Cameron.

My PS4 arrives on Tuesday from Amazon.com

Anyone else getting FIFA 14 on it? Would love some club action.

When I was younger I bought my PS2 from the US and ended up shocking myself pretty bad with a transformer! Probably wasn't worth the pain for The Bouncer.

Top Bottom