• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Suen

It's barely a tricycle

tumblr_mvyo84f4Mt1r30r4xo2_r1_500.gif
Mumei pls :(

Pogba caused a delay, but it's back in full speed. Our next victim is Lazio.

FootballFan

With Winston Reid out, Tommy Smith from Ipswich will lead the All Whites defense vs Mexico lol.

Also 2 players without clubs have been called up for the national team.

37 year old Vicelich from Auckland City to captain the team.

If Mexico don't qualify...I don't know. I don't.

Timurid

With Winston Reid out, Tommy Smith from Ipswich will lead the All Whites defense vs Mexico lol.

Also 2 players without clubs have been called up for the national team.

37 year old Vicelich from Auckland City to captain the team.

If Mexico don't qualify...I don't know. I don't.

NZ will probably release another DVD. hehe

Clegg

Whilst Arse gaf is cool, I hope one of those fish swims up Wenger's urethra and procreates there.

If we don't raise our performance to a level above what we've seen this season, I expect us to lose. Which is why Young needs to start and win us a pen in the 5th minute.

dc89

BT Sport was close to declaring victory on Friday night in its battle to add Champions League football to its growing portfolio and deal what could be a huge blow to BSkyB and ITV.

The new broadcaster is understood to have been in final negotiations over the rights to show the world’s biggest club competition for three years from 2015, along with the Europa League.

It was unclear whether it was on the brink of securing a share of the UK rights or the full exclusivity for which it was also expected to bid, but it was increasingly confident of celebrating its biggest coup yet in its attempt to challenge Sky’s dominance of the pay-TV market.

Exactly how much it would have to pay for the privilege was also unclear but, amid such fierce competition, the value of the rights was expected to dwarf the £240 million paid by Sky and the £160 million contributed by ITV in the present contract.

Gavin Patterson, the BT chief ­executive, recently gave a strong hint of the network’s intention, saying: “This is a long-term strategy for us and you can expect us to do a lot more in the future.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...gue-and-Europa-League-football-from-2015.html

oO

Elchele

Moyes has confirmed what we already knew.

We were offered Ozil, but we turned him down.

Fellaini is better, he has PL experience
:lol
what would be the point in signing Ozil if you play Rooney there? You already are wasting Kagawa

Clegg

what would be the point in signing Ozil if you play Rooney there? You already are wasting Kagawa

That's what Moyes has said. Rooney's preferred position is no.10, as is Kagawa's. He also said he didn't want to sign another 10 as he sees Januzaj as our future playmaker. So for those reasons, I can understand why he didn't sign him. But Ozil is a quality footballer. Sometimes, if a player of his ilk is available then you just have to sign him.

K1LLER7

Looking at it now, I doubt we would have seen much of Januzaj this season too.

We really need to spend some money on a CM, but I can't think of anybody who we could get.
pls not Khedira

If Gundagon doesn't sign a contact, he could be a possibility, but I think he'll prefer the 2 Spanish clubs.

Cabaye could be a good buy, we should try and get him in January.

Carbonox

Looking at it now, I doubt we would have seen much of Januzaj this season too.

We really need to spend some money on a CM, but I can't think of anybody who we could get.
pls not Khedira

If Gundagon doesn't sign a contact, he could be a possibility, but I think he'll prefer the 2 Spanish clubs.

Cabaye could be a good buy, we should try and get him in January.

pls dont eat my kebab

Clegg

Better use that money on Gundagon then Moysey.

or Koke.
It's like you said earlier, if he's available then we'll go for him, but I expect Madrid to snap him up. There are plenty of good midfielders out there and it's not the end of the world if we miss out on Gundogan. Matic, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Cabaye etc would all improve our midfield and are entirely gettable.

Just not Khedira. The very fact that we've been scouting him makes me sad.

dc89

LaPSzVsl.jpg

yI10Owwl.jpg

L2fZIVml.jpg

WRp64s6l.jpg

1. Please ignore flowery duvet cover - I do not get a say in that.
2. Please ignore the pink tinge - iPhone cameras are crap at taking pictures of white things.

This jersey is GOAT
The quality is GOAT

K1LLER7

jb0VRBPsxz7IKY.jpg

I'm scared for him.

It'll be a very tough test for him, if he plays that is. Moyes might go with Valencia and Nani. or even a 4-3-3.

Didn't expect Adnan to start as well as he has. Still think we'll see more to his game after this season or the season after. Ronaldo had a season or 2 before he really started to perform constantly. Think it'll be the same for him.

Top Bottom