• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Clegg

Of course this means you think I'm just being bitter because I wanted Arsenal to win (which I did) but let's not pretend it isn't true.

Dortmund, away, in the Champions League is an extremely tough fixture. Especially against a side without much depth due to injury, the team today was further influenced my injury leading to an already tired squad that couldn't be refreshed. United did well grinding out a result, but let's not forget it was against an arsenal side that was far from their best for reasons they had little control over.

But yeah, congrats on top 5.
/doiwill

BYuqZ9KIQAEVAaz.jpg:large

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tc91

Of course this means you think I'm just being bitter because I wanted Arsenal to win (which I did) but let's not pretend it isn't true.

Dortmund, away, in the Champions League is an extremely tough fixture. Especially against a side without much depth due to injury, the team today was further influenced my injury leading to an already tired squad that couldn't be refreshed. United did well grinding out a result, but let's not forget it was against an arsenal side that was far from their best for reasons they had little control over.

:lool howay Will. You just beat Spurs lad! Don't be a salty vagina about Moyes stylin on Arsenal.

Lightning

Banned
the loss is pretty discouraging BUT we still played far far better than we did last season where we were overrun in midfield, which was just embarsassing. and Cazorla was basically anonymous during last season's match and he scored with the last kick of the match. I don't care if Bendtner's a striker, Cazorla is more of a goal threat. at least bring on Gnabry on instead of Bendtner.

I'm honestly still in shock at that decision. What the fuck Wenger. At least he didn't take off Giroud.

anyways, better to get the loss out of the way now rather than in the run-in.
The loss is annoying but depending on how we bounce back against Southampton will determine how the season goes.

After Southampton it's a while before another top 6 team is played, mid December I think.

Ashsturm

This loss bothers me alot tbh. The mental block is firmly in place.

Bendtner on for Cazorla with 15 fucking minutes left was a criminal sub too. Worst thing Arsene's done this season.

United will go on a run now.

People are already reading too much into one match. Moyes/Utd pulling off a stifling, bitty win against Arsenal is no surprise when the circumstances leading up to the match meant it one of their biggest matches of the year.

I really do hate Rooney though, doesn't matter what form he is in he'll always pump himself up for this match above all others.

1. Wenger on virus: "I don't want to speak about that. It can happen. It's no excuse.The players declared themselves fit so were fit to play".

2. Not having squad depth is a deficiency of management, and not an excuse.

3. They still had 3 days to recover from the Dortmund match, which is hardly uncommon for a top-class team.

Arnie

Thank you Felipe.

What does that even mean, it's not like we suffered a massive defeat.
You barely turned up.

Your best opportunity was a fucking Sagna cross that your players were too scared to attack.

Just because United were measured in their own approach and couldn't eek out more than a single goal doesn't make your contribution any less minimal.

LTWheels

EPLIndex: Most Creative 13/14:

29 - Gerrard (33.2 mins per key pass)
27 - Silva (21.4)
24 - Ozil (29.1), Snodgrass (31.5)
23 - Huddlestone (40.4)

Ozil who?

Im fucking thrilled at our result today, but we deserved the 3 points. That's the difference.
Oh ho ho.

The deserve word.

Everyone, including United fans, know we've been shite this season. We were never gonna turn up and play great football against this Arsenal team in this form.

We are shaky and nervous. But we did what we had to do to get a big win which will boost the belief, gets us up the table and back in the race.

I know you don't know anything about the top of the table William but It's like when you guys are battling relegation and you grind out wins to get you safe. Deserve doesn't come into it.

Arsenal didn't turn up, now we have let United back in the mix. This break should do us good but Southampton won't be easy.

+ RVP is a fucking cunt for celebrating.

Marc

God, listening to AVB makes me want to put on Joy Division and sit in the bath with a razor.

Most boring man alive?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So whats up with Spurs? I havent watched them this season but I was told they bought themselves into the top 4 before the season...

Arnie

Guys. Pls.

Your team are three points behind United and four points behind Chelsea during a season when you've been unceremoniously buttfucked by every pundit, critic, or loudmouthed cunt (myself included).

Go have a Guinness and stop rising to the clank-brigade.

Be made of more.

FootballFan

Your team are three points behind United and four points behind Chelsea during a season when you've been unceremoniously buttfucked by every pundit, critic, or loudmouthed cunt (myself included).

Go have a Guinness and stop rising to the clank-brigade.

Be made of more.

I thought Willkiller was a Newcastle fan.

Somebody explain this pls.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fuck AVB I'm done with him.

Freund needs to buy him some strepsils and a chimp this Christmas.

Tim Krul broke the record for most saves in a single Premier League match, with 14. I don't really think we could have done any more, we were always going to concede a goal with Friedel playing. By all accounts we had a shit first half but I can't really complain about a lack of response, we were battering them second half.

My biggest annoyance is that AVB got the team wrong, Eriksen did not deserve to start this match. It should have been Lamela or at worst Holtby, Eriksen has dropped off a cliff since we played Chelsea. He's trying too hard. Also if Sandro was fit then he should have started, we always need either him or Capoue playing.

I thought Willkiller was a Newcastle fan.

Somebody explain this pls.
I am, I just appreciate real football (see- Arsenal, Liverpool) and detest that an anti-football club such as United are regarded as one of the greatest teams in Europe. Arsenal had a chance to put that myth to bed tonight, but they were spent after Dortmund, United did what they had to do. Fair play to them.

FootballFan

except it means EVERYTHING

85 more goals in Bundesliga with 1 game less than EPL. Dat Bundesliga defending.

EPL Best confirmed.

Pep walking to Bundesliga trophy and trying to make it interesting by using Van Buyten in GK and Lahm as striker.

Kassu

Banned
Missed almost the whole match, but apparently there was nothing worth watching anyway. Maybe we were just tired after playing against Dortmund. Congrats to United-Gaf I guess

And my weekend has been horrible, after those problems with my girlfriend my grandfather died yesterday.. And I was almost killed by an elk today when I was driving back to home, didn't saw it coming thanks to fucking snow and darkness.

Lightning

Banned
+ RVP is a fucking cunt for celebrating.
Why shouldn't he celebrate? And what difference does it make? I couldn't care less. He's a United player.

Just respond against Southampton and all is good. Players coming back so bench will strengthen and no top 6 team until mid December so get some results.

Scum

Missed almost the whole match, but apparently there was nothing worth watching anyway. Maybe we were just tired after playing against Dortmund. Congrats to United-Gaf I guess

And my weekend has been horrible, after those problems with my girlfriend my grandfather died yesterday.. And I was almost killed by an elk today when I was driving back to home, didn't saw it coming thanks to fucking snow and darkness.

Oh no. :-(

Biggest positives are that we came through Liverpool, Dortmund & United only conceding once, from a set-piece. Our lack of pace was brutally exposed, but thankfully that's something we should be able to rectify within the week.

Vermaelen did pretty well too, has to be said. Glad we can rely on him to fill in.

Gonna go kick ball with some United fans. Should be fun.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Oh god, I'm sorry for your loss mate!

Glad you're okay too.

Top Bottom