• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me those highlights.

Welbeck crossing and shooting from range competently.

Young with confident movement and finishing.

Herrera was just HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

But his recent comments about 4 #10s means that either one of Rppmey or Herrera are viewed as #10s. If it's Rppmey then does that mean he won't partner up top with RVP?

The Dutch used the same formation and RVP was paired with Robben who is pacy and can dribble at defenders. Rppmey or Welbeck can't do that. Only Nani and Januzaj can.

He used Rafael, James, Valencia, and Shaw as the wingbacks. All defensive minded compared to a Januzaj, Nani, Young, and Zaha. Same with the Dutch. He more often than not, decided to go with someone other than Depay for the wingback role.

Which means that I can't see Januzaj or Nani playing as a wingback.

We're essentially going to have 3 spots up for grabs with Januzaj, RVP, Rppmey, Welbeck, Kagawa, Mata, and Nani. This particular system creates more problems for attackers seeking match time. A 4-3-3 would help give more minutes to the attackers.

Januzaj is probably hurt the most by the 3-5-2 (though he could be a backup for the "Robben" SS role), but in a 4-3-3 you end up having to play the likes of Kagawa, Welbeck or even Rooney out wide - which they can do I guess, but not as well as you'd want - and Nani (not being sold then?), who has been playing well below his 2011-level for a long time.

It's all well and good wanting all your attackers to play, but you want them to play well.

If we are going to play 352 we need at least 2 CBs.

I don't see how this 3-5-2 suits our players better than a 4-3-3. I think it suits this particular set of player out on tour, but Januzaj and RVP kind of favors the 4-3-3 I would think. Our CBs are injury prone and 3 cbs playing every match means more opportunity for them to get injured.

Tonight - the avatar is going. GOING.

image.php

Seen someone say that LvG confirmed we'd basically be playing a sort of 3-4-3 this season (slightly semantic but you see what I mean).
Yeah it's going to be wing backs anyway isn't it.

If LvG has said we have inbalance in the squad with the 10s I think that might signal the end for Kagawa.

I don't see how this 3-5-2 suits our players better than a 4-3-3. I think it suits this particular set of player out on tour, but Januzaj and RVP kind of favors the 4-3-3 I would think. Our CBs are injury prone and 3 cbs playing every match means more opportunity for them to get injured.
Yeah but I can imagine him preferring it cos the spine of our team still sucks and it will help reinforce it. Could see Januzaj used a bit like Robben was for Holland, at times.

Januzaj is probably hurt the most by the 3-5-2 (though he could be a backup for the "Robben" SS role), but in a 4-3-3 you end up having to play the likes of Kagawa, Welbeck or even Rooney out wide, which they can do I guess, but not as well as you'd want, and Nani (not being sold then?), who has been playing well below his 2011-level for a long time.

It's all well and good wanting all your attackers to play, but you want them to play well.

The thing is, if you want to play a 3-5-2 and he wants a player like Robben then Januzaj fits that role. If Januzaj is playing that role, then Rooney is left out. If Rooney is left out, there is no reason to not play a 4-3-3. The 3-5-2 is only useful if you want to fit both Rooney and RVP.

Playing that system means that Januzaj won't get much playing time.

And in the World Cup he decided to not use both RVP and Huntelaar in his 3-5-2 which goes against the Rooney + RVP duo up top especially if by all accounts, favors pace in his system.

Yeah it's going to be wing backs anyway isn't it.

If LvG has said we have inbalance in the squad with the 10s I think that might signal the end for Kagawa.

Yeah but I can imagine him preferring it cos the spine of our team still sucks and it will help reinforce it. Could see Januzaj used a bit like Robben was for Holland, at times.

A 3-5-2 with Mata, Rooney, and RVP up top lacks pace and a player capable of dribbling past players. His comment about having four #10s pops up again. Who is the fourth #10? Can't be Rooney or that means he doesn't view Rooney as the ideal partner to RVP. It also means that both Kagawa (shit out of luck) and to an extent Januzaj suffer from lack of playing time.

The thing is, if you want to play a 3-5-2 and he wants a player like Robben then Januzaj fits that role. If Januzaj is playing that role, then Rooney is left out. If Rooney is left out, there is no reason to not play a 4-3-3. The 3-5-2 is only useful if you want to fit both Rooney and RVP.

Playing that system means that Januzaj won't get much playing time.

And in the World Cup he decided to not use both RVP and Huntelaar in his 3-5-2 which goes against the Rooney + RVP duo up top especially if by all accounts, favors pace in his system.

A 3-5-2 with Mata, Rooney, and RVP up top lacks pace and a player capable of dribbling past players. His comment about having four #10s pops up again. Who is the fourth #10? It also means that both Kagawa (shit out of luck) and to an extent Januzaj suffer from lack of playing time.
It could be Fellaineh :lol

Pennywise

Scumbags. There is a time and a place for protests, the football field it is not.

Especially not violence and hate.

While I agree that the gouverment of Israel is a piece of shit, and alot of assholes in Israel went overboard when those teenagers were killed, it's getting beyond any level of sanity....

Kinda sad that those who're criticising with valid reasons are overshadowed by that scum on an occasion that has NOTHING to do with it.

Mastadon

Banned
Jesus wept, just seen an article on the Independent with the headline: "Second straight pre-season defeat - should Liverpool start to worry?"

We won our last pre-season game
KuGsj.gif

Mastadon

Banned
So who looked impressive for us last night? Heard Ibe looked good on the left, but was ineffective when moved to the right.

Coutinho played really well by all accounts. Didn't look like the best match though, good fitness boost.

Markovic and Lallana will be playing in the next match. Can't wait to see them play.

Fintan

Coutinho played really well by all accounts. Didn't look like the best match though, good fitness boost.

Markovic and Lallana will be playing in the next match. Can't wait to see them play.
Is the Remy deal sorted yet? You'll have a quite strong set of attacking players once that's sorted. And Ryan Bertrand isn't too bad going forward. :p

Mastadon

Banned
Is the Remy deal sorted yet? You'll have a quite strong set of attacking players once that's sorted. And Ryan Bertrand isn't too bad going forward. :p

:(

Remy is with the squad and passed the medical I think. Should be announced soon hopefully.

£8.5m is a bargain for him I reckon.

I just don't see 3-5-2 working in the PL or 3-4-1-2 or 5-3-2 whatever you want to call it. But I especially don't see it working with the back talent Man U has.

We would need new CB signings for sure in that system. We would also need someone like De Jong, physical, aggressive, gets in there.

Maybe LVG can prove me wrong.

But I would rather see United lining up a 4-3-3 like formation and it's variations.

Mastadon

Banned
8,5m is a good price but he's not even close to Suarez/Sturridge imo and can't stay fit. I wouldn't count too much on him.

Obviously nowhere near Suarez, but I don't think he's miles away from Sturridge. 14 goals for a shit Newcastle team is impressive. Just needs to learn how to fucking stay onside and track back.

FootballFan

*sigh* from challenging for the league.

To losing Suarez, losing preseason games and struggling to sign Davis and remy.

Last season really was it.

Fucking hell Gerrard.

pappe

I just don't see 3-5-2 working in the PL or 3-4-1-2 or 5-3-2 whatever you want to call it. But I especially don't see it working with the back talent Man U has.

We would need new CB signings for sure in that system. We would also need someone like De Jong, physical, aggressive, gets in there.

Maybe LVG can prove me wrong.

But I would rather see United lining up a 4-3-3 like formation and it's variations.

3-5-2 and its variations are great for counter attacking i feel but we need an engine like Robben for the Netherlands. Rooney is not that. I doubt LVG is gonna replace RVP soon.

Shinji has no place in this squad as a starter now. He will forever be a back up to Mata and/or Rooney and with the amount of games we are playing is less this season he is hardly gonna get to play.

Young, Januzaj and Nani are gonna be backups and will be used when and if LVG decides to switch to 4-3-3.

I think when LVG says 3-5-2 it actually is gonna be 3-5-1-1. With Rooney in the free role behind RVP and Mata-Herrera-Fletcher midfield but that is just 1 injury away from a crisis as we have noone in the squad to pick up the mantle of Fletcher or Herrera if they get injured.

Fellaini is just shit and Carrick is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom