• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Two quality goals by two quality City youth players.

Zuculini's was pure technique. And Ihranacho was just calm as you like with that slotted finish from 18 yards.

Zuculini looks a real player though. He played that game at 100mph.

Feorax

By all accounts, Emre Can has been very impressive too. Toure-esque in his midfield surges.

Suspect he, Hendo and Coutinho might be our first choice midfield 3 next season.

Zabojnik

If we are going to play 352 we need at least 2 CBs.

Poor Vidal. :(

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Tobinishi

Obviously I'm not a United Fan, but i think that they have the players for a solid 3-5-2.

De Gea
Jones-Evans-Smalling
Rafael (Valencia)-Herrera-Fletcher(Carrick)-Mata-Shaw
Rooney-RvP

One solid CB and it could be a reliable option.

FootballFan

m8 you've just signed a defender no one has even heard of for €20m.

That has nothing to do with it m8. I'm just disappointed L'pool went from title contenders to struggling to sign Davis 2 months later.

I have a feeling with Van Gaal and Januzaj(now experienced) the EPL will go back to ManUtd domination. :(
will watch

Carbonox

What are y'alls preferred starting lineup based on your transfer activity so far?

FORMATION MUPPETRY TIME

----------------Krul----------------
Janmaat-Colo-Willi-Colback
-----------Tiote-Anita------------
Sissoko---de Jong--Cabella
---------------Riviere--------------

I wouldn't complain if we signed Isla though as we could put Sissoko with Tiote in midfield and have Isla at RM or Janmaat at RM (with Isla at RB).

We definitely need a new CB though. Part of me would even put Yanga Mbiwa over Williamson. A new striker as well seeing as our senior back up is Cisse. If Riviere gets injured we're fucked. Though de Jong can play up top too and he's class.

Campbell and Armstrong need time still before they could play more in the Prem.

Obviously I'm not a United Fan, but i think that they have the players for a solid 3-5-2.

De Gea
Jones-Evans-Smalling
Rooney-RvP

I'd say two solid CBs and another CM and yes.

GQman2121

Banned

De Gea
Jones-Evans-Smalling
Rooney-RvP

They'll be out of the title race before Boxing Day if this is the plan. Teams will fucking steamroll a Jones--Evans--Smalling back three.

Mastadon

Banned
That has nothing to do with it m8. I'm just disappointed L'pool went from title contenders to struggling to sign Davis 2 months later.

I have a feeling with Van Gaal and Januzaj(now experienced) the EPL will go back to ManUtd domination. :(
will watch

We still don't have the pull to attract the big boys at this point unfortunately :( If we can consistently qualify for the CL over the next two years then that'll change. I think we'll get top 4 again this year though, keep the faith.

FootballFan

We still don't have the pull to attract the big boys at this point unfortunately :( If we can consistently qualify for the CL over the next two years then that'll change. I think we'll get top 4 again this year though, keep the faith.

I hope so.

Want Arsenal and Liverpool to do well.

Tobinishi

They'll be out of the title race before Boxing Day if this is the plan. Teams will fucking steamroll a Jones--Evans--Smalling back three.

That would be great ;)

I'd say two solid CBs and another CM and yes.

seriously, of course they need at least 2 CBs as back up/first choice and a CM/CDM but they are not far away and it would suit their "star players" imo. Furthermore I still have to be convinced that a 352 is working in the PL but let's wait and see.

Mastadon

Banned
I think we'll be looking at:

..................Mignolet
Johnson...Lovren...Sakho...Moreno
Bertrand :(
.................Gerrard
..........................Hendo
Sterling.......Coutinho.......Lallana
..................Sturridge

Remy, Markovic, Can and Lambert on the bench. Maybe Ibe too if he doesn't go on loan.

Would like to see us go with 4-3-3, but I know Wenger will go with 4-2-3-1.

4-3-3:

---------------Szczesny---------

--Debuchy----Mertesacker----Koscienly----Gibbs-----

-----Arteta-----
----Ozil-----Ramsey----

---Walcott---Giroud----Sanchez----

4-2-3-1 pretty much the same players, but Ramsey with Arteta and Ozil in the CAM position.

Obviously if we get a DM, put him in place of Arteta.

Wilbur

Banned
Just seen the score. Regardless of the fact it's pre-season, a 7-0 win can only be good for morale (and against a team playing competitive football too). Nice. And a different formation as well, sweet Jesus.

TeddyBoy

*sigh* from challenging for the league.

To losing Suarez, losing preseason games and struggling to sign Davis and remy.

Last season really was it.

Fucking hell Gerrard.

FootballFan pls, we're losing games because our defence is the same as last season (so leaking goals) and we aren't scoring because our front three aren't playing yet. Have faith in Brendan, this season we'll be fine.

I realise this is a little simplistic in my analysis but I haven't watched the last two preseason games so can't really say too much more.

By all accounts, Emre Can has been very impressive too. Toure-esque in his midfield surges.

Suspect he, Hendo and Coutinho might be our first choice midfield 3 next season.

I was wondering about this combination earlier in the transfer window. Do you think Coutinho will play deeper and try to become more like Modric to compensate for the lack of Gerrard's long balls?

De Gea
Jones-Evans-Smalling
Rooney-RvP

Welcome to the thread! Which team do you support?

I think we'll be looking at:

..................Mignolet
Johnson...Lovren...Sakho...Moreno
Bertrand :(
.................Gerrard
..........................Hendo
Sterling.......Coutinho.......Lallana
..................Sturridge

Remy, Markovic, Can and Lambert on the bench. Maybe Ibe too if he doesn't go on loan.

We'll go back to playing 4-3-3 I think, with

Coutinho-Hendo-Can
Sterling-Sturridge-Markovic

As our midfield and front three. Not totally sure where Lallana fits in though (he could play instead of any of the midfield three I suppose, would be excellent for rotation with Allen as well).

El Topo

Shit, United are back. Run everyone, run or hide! Wait, they're not in a European competition, nevermind, we're safe this year.

Anyone else miss Moyes?

Stulaw

The Mirror are claiming that West Ham are going to offload Morrison just because someone told them that "Sam didn't seem sympathetic" to when Ravel claimed that he was scared of getting the surgery on his groin.

I just say that's tough love, Ravel's the perfect replacement for Nolan who's best years are pretty much past him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom