• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Fuck sake.

Sounds like a CF is completely out of the question and a DM is dependant on how humiliated we get by one of the big teams.

He acts like he doesn't even want another DM even though we've supposedly been after one for weeks. Ugh I hope this is him just being coy and not old Wenger. I seriously can't take us not signing a DM. It's so fucking stupid.

Carbonox

Newcastle rumoured to be in talks with West Ham over Andy Carroll.

Carroll, Riviere and Cisse strikeforce. ehhhhhhhhh Carroll and Riviere would be improvements over Ameobi and Luuk de Jong but we don't have anyone with as much talent and game-changing ability as Remy which we definitely need.

Still in for Grenier too.

Mental Summer.

Suen

Updated OP with champion images. Guess this should be enough for a new season. PM me if something is missing.

jtb

Banned
Ramsey had a player of the year season last season too. Just needs to stay fit. Yet another reason we need another midfielder because Jack is obviously not gonna get the job done.

Barzul

We're signing a DM. Can't for the life of me see Arsene going into the season with just Arteta and Flamini there. Speaking of Flamini what's the fullback position he can play again, is it right or left?

omgkitty

We're signing a DM. Can't for the life of me see Arsene going into the season with just Arteta and Flamini there. Speaking of Flamini what's the fullback position he can play again, is it right or left?

LB which makes no sense because he's right footed.

Salvadora

Ramsey had a player of the year season last season too. Just needs to stay fit. Yet another reason we need another midfielder because Jack is obviously not gonna get the job done.
Should be nominated for Ballon d'or if he stays fit and has a season like last.

Newcastle rumoured to be in talks with West Ham over Andy Carroll.

Carroll, Riviere and Cisse strikeforce. ehhhhhhhhh Carroll and Riviere would be improvements over Ameobi and Luuk de Jong but we don't have anyone with as much talent and game-changing ability as Remy which we definitely need.

Still in for Grenier too.

Mental Summer.

Carroll talk screams tabloid bullshit to me

Baki

weren't arsenal fans pissed that they didn't go for another striker in the mid season transfer window. Sanchez is good/ can score you goals, but why take the risk again?

Wenger innit.

We need Vidal, Pogba or Cavani type signing.

Lightning

Banned
Lol Arsenal fans actually thought we were going to sign another striker after I posted everything to show that Wenger would never do that.

DM I'm sure will come. Don't mind those comments from Arsene at all.

omgkitty

Lol Arsenal fans actually thought we were going to sign another striker after I posted everything to show that Wenger would never do that.

DM I'm sure will come. Don't mind those comments from Arsene at all.

Another striker always seemed like an outside shot if someone Wenger really likes became available, but I'm more worried by his "depends how our midfielders get through" talk. I mean, all the rumors are contrary to his statements, but you never know with him. He could be back in training now and could have changed his mind. The Khedira rumors pretty much just stopped once he came back.

So friends, let's list the top 3 of your favorite players!

1. Clarence Seedorf
2. Didier Drogba
3. Arjen Robben

1. Ronaldinho
2. Oliver Kahn
3. Jerzy Dudek/Rustu Recber

ZEuGsY8.jpg

Pennywise

1. Clarence Seedorf
2. Didier Drogba
3. Arjen Robben

1.Dede
2.Matthäus
3.Hummels

For everyone who doesn't know Dede.
He was the LB for Dortmund for quite some time.
Easily one of the best signings we ever had and one hell of a person.
His start was a bit shaky, he was without his friends/family when he arrived as youngster.
There are some hilarious storys about that time, his phone bill was exceeding a few hundred bucks in a month and he burned his trash in the garden.He was used to it in Brazil and didn't know it was different here.

Never seen any player crying that much when he left us, the fans were bawling their eyes out as well.

1. Clarence Seedorf
2. Didier Drogba
3. Arjen Robben

1. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
2. Carlo Cudicini
3. Frank Lampard

Never forget the days before Roman when we still had some great players. Jimmy Floyd, he was a proper striker, him and Gudjohnsen what a team and Carlo, what a keeper. £300k from Castel Di Sangro - world class on his day.

After that you'd have the likes of JT, A Cole, Drogba, Cech (and Zola) etc

Its worth observing that me and JFH share the same birthday and when I was a kid I loved playing in goal so that probably makes me a bit bias towards those two...

Lightning

Banned
DM will be nothing or a risible last-minute job.

Wenger is going to squeeze the last drops of usefulness out of Arteta and Flamini, and idly scout for the next window.
Problem with that is Flamini on his last year and Arteta is also aging and on his last year. If we don't bring a DM in then I can understand the moaning. Same applies to a CB but aside from that we've had a great window.

End of august we'll see where we are.

omgkitty

1. Clarence Seedorf
2. Didier Drogba
3. Arjen Robben

1. Thierry Henry
2. Dennis Bergkamp
3. Tomas Rosicky

Kinda had a hard time with number 3. It used to be Cesc, but yeah, you know. Honestly just love Tomas though. He's a great player who could have been even better for us if he'd never gotten hurt. Glad to see he's stuck around and he seems to have knocked a couple of years off as he certainly doesn't play like a 33 year old. I've never seen someone his age run as fast he does sometimes either. Hope he sticks around for 2 more years so he gets his testimonial match.

iMvCMtF8GElQk.gif

Thanks. He's going to have an amazing season, I can feel it in my bones. Like Player of the year good. If we keep him fit and add a good DM, I fancy our chances for the title.

Still not sure of our title chances. We just don't have a squad of 25 players to compete across multiple fronts. We have as good a starting 11 as anyone, but out squad just lacks quality depth like chelsea and city.

GQman2121

Banned
Lampard
Zola
Hasselbaink

I think Zidane and Scholes are the best two players I've seen (at their positions) since I've followed the sport.

Don't tell Wooden...

Egypt Prime Minister has stepped in to finally resolve Mohamed Salah’s military issues.

It was recently reported that 22-year-old Salah may have had to return to Egypt for military duty, following the cancellation of his enrollment in one of Egypt’s education institutes.
However, during a meeting today it was decided that the Chelsea winger would not have to return for mandatory military service, which gives him the all clear to travel with the squad to Austria.

The meeting contained the Egyptian Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab, the Minister of Higher Education and Egyptian national coach Shawky Gharib.

After the meeting, Shawky Gharib thanked the Minister of Health and Education for his understanding and intervention in Salah’s situation, which he reportedly said could have been ‘threatening’ to Egyptian football.

Salah has got off to a promising start in London since his moved from Basel for €13 million last January, scoring two goals while assisting once in 11 appearances thus far.
The Egyptian will travel with his Chelsea team-mates to Austria for a pre-season training camp, where they will face RZ Pellets as they prepare for the 2014/2014 Premier League season.

Not heard of the site before but it is Egyptian so I assume its legit?

Lightning

Banned
1. Cesc Fabregas
2. Dennis Bergkamp
3. Marc Overmars

Mesut Özil and Aaron Ramsey are heading in the right direction to boot the Dutchmen off the list though if they carry on the way they are. Great players.

United:

1. Scholes
2. Ronaldo
3. RVN

Others

1. Totti
2. del Piero
3. Zidane

Best post you have ever made. :D.

For me it is

1. Totti
2. Henry
3. Maldini

Totti and Henry have done things on a pitch that are just impossible. Messi is just constantly brilliant, but for me there is no fantasy play to his game. Henry and Totti in the Nike cage was my wet dream.

Danchi

I'd be surprised if Arsenal didn't sign a defensive midfielder (even if it's their fourth choice). Centre-half is needed, but rumours seem quiet. Micah Richards on deadline day, methinks.

And I wouldn't even be disappointed if the latter happened. I do think I've probably watched Arsenal long enough to develop pretty low standards (relatively) on the signings front. Richards has been injured for, what, two seasons now? My memory is short, and all I remember is it took a very good right-back to dislodge him from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom