• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

- Zidane
- Bergkamp
- Henry/Ronaldinho

Honorable mention

- Hugo Sánchez, who obviously I only saw in highlight reels and the like (during his prime I mean, I actually saw him in his last years).

omgkitty

Pires was the best player in the world in 01/02 until that Newcastle injury. Had he played at the world cup then France would have faired a lot better

robert-pires-liverpool-o.gif

Pennywise

So this year will be the first time without the fifa manager, and I'm going to try out the Sega Football Manager.

Was to lazy to get it first, since you can't get it normally with the german steam client.

I'm somewhat curious.

So this year will be the first time without the fifa manager, and I'm going to try out the Sega Football Manager.

Was to lazy to get it first, since you can't get it normally with the german steam client.

I'm somewhat curious.

FM is the greatest game ever created. Why cant you get it through the german steam client?

K1LLER7

Just watched the Woodward interview:

He loves bragging about how much money we've got and how we want to get the top players, but now he really needs to back his words up.

Pennywise

FM is the greatest game ever created. Why cant you get it through the german steam client?

Licensing issues as far as I know.

Used google, the license between EA and the DFL (german football league) is still running until fall 2015.
Usually there was the FIFA Manager here, but that was canned, so unless EA is giving the rights to SEGA, they're not getting the official license until 2015.

Well, I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm gonna go with FM 2015 in october/september ?

Just need to get around the german store and get it via a different shop.

cyber_ninja

Roberto Baggio

Eric Cantona

Paul Scholes

My other favorite players in no particular order:

Roy Keane
Beckham
Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Ronaldinho
Del Pierro
George Weah
Van Basten
Moller
Poppin
Bergcamp
Shmeichel
Gascoine

Sorry if I misspelled any of the names, blame it on my phone and my memory problems, lol.

Licensing issues as far as I know.

Used google, the license between EA and the DFL (german football league) is still running until fall 2015.
Usually there was the FIFA Manager here, but that was canned, so unless EA is giving the rights to SEGA, they're not getting the official license until 2015.

Well, I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm gonna go with FM 2015 in october/september ?

Just need to get around the german store and get it via a different shop.

EA did the right thing. FM is so much better than Fifa Manager that they might as well give up. The FM games are usually release late October/early November yeah.

Pennywise

EA did the right thing. FM is so much better than Fifa Manager that they might as well give up. The FM games are usually release late October/early November yeah.

Yeah, allthough it's a bit sad.

The director and many developers were formerly part of the studio Ascaron, which in my hometown.
They developed a manager called Anstoss ( kick-off ) back in the day until EA set up the studio Bright Future.
It went on for nearly 14 years and they hired alot of people that came from the community.
People that made great mods, or those that worked on fan patches and so on.

Looking forward to FM now.
A german league patch, plus alot of images and stuff is available, so I'm good to go.

Wooden please post Quiche playing CSGO highlights

I can't, there's too many.

Yeah, allthough it's a bit sad.

The director and many developers were formerly part of the studio Ascaron, which in my hometown.
They developed a manager called Anstoss ( kick-off ) back in the day until EA set up the studio Bright Future.
It went on for nearly 14 years and they hired alot of people that came from the community.
People that made great mods, or those that worked on fan patches and so on.

Looking forward to FM now.
A german league patch, plus alot of images and stuff is available, so I'm good to go.

Yeah that does suck, they should be able to find new jobs hopefully. and yes, there is plenty of mods to fix all that stuff pretty much on day one.

EmiPrime

I just saw some people arguing it on twitter and wanted to see what you guys thought. And I agree with you guys. Sanogo's biggest problems are his first touch, passing and finishing. If he can overcome all those, he could be a player.

That's a lot to overcome. :) I want him to do well but he's some way off.

I think (hope) that Sanchez will complement Giroud really well and he'll have a great season: 25-30 goals all competitions. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom