• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMnosp6PDWdAI.gif

Based Cantona

jtb

Banned
Sanogo is as raw as they come.

saying that he just needs to work on his touch, his passing, and his finishing is basically just saying he needs to learn how to play football. He's technically godawful and he doesn't seem to have much composure on the ball.

Having said that, I have faith. He's decent at holding up the ball. Can he develop into a good player? sure. but first he's got to stay fit for a season and then he'll probably need a full season of games playing as a striker and I don't think that'll be at Arsenal—not at first, anyways. He can be an Adebayor type. A physical presence who develops into a decent, if not clinical, finisher. the physical tools are obviously there, the technique is very far away—but he just needs to learn, first, how to finish. my biggest concern for Sanogo is that he's just going to be stuck in injury hell while Wenger's betting on him to solve our striking woes. that helps nobody. ship him out on loan.

fm legend... can't give up on him just yet

jtb

Banned
That's a lot to overcome. :) I want him to do well but he's some way off.

I think (hope) that Sanchez will complement Giroud really well and he'll have a great season: 25-30 goals all competitions. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Giroud or Sanchez? because I think Giroud gets exactly the level of recognition he deserves. probably too much from Arsenal fans, most of it from those who don't even think he's good enough.

Lightning

Banned
Giroud or Sanchez? because I think Giroud gets exactly the level of recognition he deserves. probably too much from Arsenal fans, most of it from those who don't even think he's good enough.
Being not good enough to win us the league or champions league does not make him shit though. Which is generally what we argue.

He isn't just bad as a coach, he is a terrible and arrogant person. I can't believe they hired him again.
Scolari has the arrogance in abundance. Can't be worse than that, can it?

jtb

Banned
Being not good enough to win us the league or champions league does not make him shit though. Which is generally what we argue.

His complete lack of pace breaks the way we play. But other than that, could be worse I guess. I'm just glad he's finally cut that shit out where he shot from 30+ yards away for no fucking reason.

They're desperate.
Who would want that job now ?
There are a couple of Brazilian managers with a better curriculum that are willing to take the job. The problem is CBF is a terrible and corrupted organization. They just hire the ones who are inside their influence.

Barzul

That's a lot to overcome. :) I want him to do well but he's some way off.

I think (hope) that Sanchez will complement Giroud really well and he'll have a great season: 25-30 goals all competitions. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
If Giroud scores 30 goals this season then we don't need to sign another striker.

Pennywise

It's a real shame :(
I've been reading a bit about the real people behind the characters.
Alot of stuff has happened in these years, so I wonder if they're just gonna skip it or not.

There are a couple of Brazilian managers with a better curriculum that are willing to take the job. The problem is CBF is a terrible and corrupted organization. They just hire the ones who are inside their influence.

And even if wouldn't, any sane manager knows that this wouldn't work with the current CBF.
It's just like the situation with England.

jtb

Banned
there is zero chance Giroud scores 30 goals this season and if he did, the first thing we should do is look to offload him to Madrid while his value is artificially inflated by playing in front of a bunch of world class players

Pennywise

I'm still baffled how many videos are out there with couples or single persons that are stripping,fucking and doing who knows what on the PS4 playroom.

Why would you risk your damn account ?

Pennywise

I hope they'll do some sort of flashbacks but I reckon that will come over as super cheesy.

One thing has happened, at least you see the character changed a bit visually, just like the real person changed after a certain event.
I doubt they're just gonna skip such a long time without a proper look behind the scenes.
There was just so much stuff going on, they need at least one episode to cover that up.
Hopefully they'll do it.

Lightning

Banned
there is zero chance Giroud scores 30 goals this season and if he did, the first thing we should do is look to offload him to Madrid while his value is artificially inflated by playing in front of a bunch of world class players
Unless I'm mistaken Giroud scored over 20 last season. The key thing is will he score when it matters? I doubt it. Chelsea miss, among many more. I want goals against the top teams where we need to be clinical not when we're creating chance after chance. 15 goals can be acceptable if half of them are winners against our competitors.

His complete lack of pace breaks the way we play. But other than that, could be worse I guess. I'm just glad he's finally cut that shit out where he shot from 30+ yards away for no fucking reason.

Giroud has no pace, but this team was set up to be a slow boring team and that is magnified 100 times when Arteta starts the last few seasons.

I feel that the biggest reason we struggled for so long was that Wenger changed what was successful about the way his sides played. Arsenal during the first 7 years of success were always brutally efficient with a team built around pace and players who were direct, and midfielder engines. Then the Fabregas era saw us change to a passing team and Wenger got out of his comfort zone trying to imitate other teams.

With Sanchez and Debuchy it looks like we are going back to the good old days. I really don't know if Giroud fits this team, because while he holds up well, it is rather one dimensional hold up compared to a player like Bergkamp or Henry.

edit: It is also why I dont feel Theo is good enough. He just is not direct and clever enough to be the player that we need. Think Ljungberg

Scolari has the arrogance in abundance. Can't be worse than that, can it?
He is worse. He is almost evil. He humiliated a reporter (Alex Escobar) in a press conference during the 2010 FIFA World Cup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqw2WyK62ww

He humiliated the guy just because he was criticizing the way Brazil was playing during the World Cup preparation. He sees the guy in the room and asks: "Hey you, is there a problem?" (Brazil had won the game). And then he smiles evilly. Then the reporter says: "No, I wasn't even looking at you Dunga". Dunga: "Oh, I thought you had a problem". Escobar: "No, no, it's ok". Then he starts whispering to the reporter something equivalent as: "you shit", "you pussy", "you fag". "Do you understand me? You are a pussy."

I think the French team did alright without him.

I know, I'm just saying he would be a fantastic addition to the tournament.

Lightning

Banned
He is worse. He is almost evil. He humiliated a reporter (Alex Escobar) in a press conference during the 2010 FIFA World Cup:

He humiliated the guy just because he was criticizing the way Brazil was playing during the World Cup preparation. He sees the guy in the room and asks: "Hey you, is there a problem?" (Brazil had won the game). And then he smiles evilly. Then the reporter says: "No, I wasn't even looking at you Dunga". Dunga: "Oh, I thought you had a problem". Escobar: "No, no, it's ok". Then he starts whispering to the reporter something equivalent as: "you shit", "you pussy", "you fag". "Do you understand me? You are a pussy."

I know, I'm just saying he would be a fantastic addition to the tournament.
I remember in the 2010 world cup he got sacked after we knocked Brazil out. Loved that day.

What an asshole though. He's a shit head.

jtb

Banned
Giroud has no pace, but this team was set up to be a slow boring team and that is magnified 100 times when Arteta starts the last few seasons.

I feel that the biggest reason we struggled for so long was that Wenger changed what was successful about the way his sides played. Arsenal during the first 7 years of success were always brutally efficient with a team built around pace and players who were direct, and midfielder engines. Then the Fabregas era saw us change to a passing team and Wenger got out of his comfort zone trying to imitate other teams.

With Sanchez and Debuchy it looks like we are going back to the good old days. I really don't know if Giroud fits this team, because while he holds up well, it is rather one dimensional hold up compared to a player like Bergkamp or Henry.

edit: It is also why I dont feel Theo is good enough. He just is not direct and clever enough to be the player that we need. Think Ljungberg

I agree, re: Wenger's tactics. The key thing missing from this passing game we play right now is the pressing that made Guardiola's teams so deadly—we just don't have the players for it and I don't think Wenger particularly cares much about it in his tactics. without pressing, we are predictable and slow and opponents can easily pack men behind the ball and break whenever we lose possession. And part of that is the type of player he buys—too many flimsy, weak technical players that lack athleticism (strength and, often, pace especially) in the middle of the park. It's problematic when playing a Stoke or a Chelsea, but it's even more obvious when we go up against the top teams in Europe and the team can't just pass its way out of trouble.

You underrate Theo. He's a very good player but one whose strengths are completely nullified when forced to play a half-assed version of tiki-taka. On the counter, he is deadly. With Sanchez on the opposite flank and running onto balls from Ozil, he'll have a great season.

Unless I'm mistaken Giroud scored over 20 last season. The key thing is will he score when it matters? I doubt it. Chelsea miss, among many more. I want goals against the top teams where we need to be clinical not when we're creating chance after chance. 15 goals can be acceptable if half of them are winners against our competitors.

Giroud scored 17 goals his first season, 22 goals the second—and he was in and out of the team the first season. I don't think there's much, if any, unrealized potential when it comes to Giroud in this Arsenal team—he's basically reached his ceiling. He's not a reliable finisher and in a system with five midfield players all built around feeding a lone striker, that's really an unforgivable flaw in his game imo (in addition to his obvious lack of pace, which limits the chances the midfield can create for him also)

Abraxas

Giroud scored 17 goals his first season, 22 goals the second—and he was in and out of the team the first season. I don't think there's much, if any, unrealized potential when it comes to Giroud in this Arsenal team—he's basically reached his ceiling. He's not a reliable finisher and in a system with five midfield players all built around feeding a lone striker, that's really an unforgivable flaw in his game imo (in addition to his obvious lack of pace, which limits the chances the midfield can create for him also)
The thing about giroud is, there is a lack of top strikers in the world, and we just cant compete for the few there are. I agree that a bergkamp/Henry player is what we ultimately need, but we've been trying for a decade now to home grow one to no success. For now, unless Sanogo comes good, giroud is the best we have.

Lightning

Banned
I agree, re: Wenger's tactics. The key thing missing from this passing game we play right now is the pressing that made Guardiola's teams so deadly—we just don't have the players for it and I don't think Wenger particularly cares much about it in his tactics. without pressing, we are predictable and slow and opponents can easily pack men behind the ball and break whenever we lose possession. And part of that is the type of player he buys—too many flimsy, weak technical players that lack athleticism (strength and, often, pace especially) in the middle of the park. It's problematic when playing a Stoke or a Chelsea, but it's even more obvious when we go up against the top teams in Europe and the team can't just pass its way out of trouble.

You underrate Theo. He's a very good player but one whose strengths are completely nullified when forced to play a half-assed version of tiki-taka. On the counter, he is deadly. With Sanchez on the opposite flank and running onto balls from Ozil, he'll have a great season.

Wenger has already confirmed that Sanchez will be playing through the middle a bit, once Theo's back. I think Giroud, Sanchez, Walcott and Campbell between them are going to get us plenty of goals. I don't think goals will be our downfall this season, defence is again the issue. That Per or Kos injury will be a killer.

jtb

Banned
Wenger has already confirmed that Sanchez will be playing through the middle a bit, once Theo's back. I think Giroud, Sanchez, Walcott and Campbell between them are going to get us plenty of goals. I don't think goals will be our downfall this season, defence is again the issue. That Per or Kos injury will be a killer.

I think that CM signing will make or break our season. need that extra bit of muscle and discipline in midfield to protect the back four, otherwise we're in for another season of getting torn apart by the top sides. if we don't get anyone, we're fucked.

Scum.

Zabojnik

1. Del Piero
2. Zidane
3. Ronaldo / Maradona

Juve has ZERO reason to sell Vidal.

Nobody is getting him

Eh, I don't think it's that simple anymore. If United if offering RVP wages and could go up to say 60M€+ ... it becomes almost stupid not to sell / go, for both parties.

Nedved is a director at Juve?

That's seriously cool.

Yep! Doesn't have much deciding power for the moment, but he's very close to the big dogs (Agnelli & Marotta) and definitely on his way up. My dream is to one day see Juve run by Nedved and Del Piero. If they prove they have the skills to, of course.

Lightning

Banned
I think that CM signing will make or break our season. need that extra bit of muscle and discipline in midfield to protect the back four, otherwise we're in for another season of getting torn apart by the top sides. if we don't get anyone, we're fucked.
I agree. But I'll wait until the end of the window and judge then. As it stands though with our current squad we will do well to get 4th. Many defensive weaknesses for me.

Blablurn

im watching quite the anime right now. from the design perspective it looks like your usual kawaii anime but its all about cheating and loving someone else who is not your gf. its crazy. its a crazy world. japan pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom