• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

i don't know how to make a decent shot on goal and my defense is worse than Brazil national team. :(

can't win to any 5 star team on legendary :(

In front of the goal just tap the shoot button and point to one of the corners. if you press it too hard the keeper has a bigger chance at saving it. its all about the slow ball once you are in front of the goal.

but to be fair i only play fifa online. never really tried the offline stuff lol. so i cant say much about the defense unfortunately. but did you know that you can bring up a second defender to help you?

Here is a good tutorial as well: http://fifaaddiction.com/tutorials/defending/

Yeah maybe I should set my expectations pretty low all things considered.

As for Modic, I have no idea who that is. :lol Is the primavera right back or something?
Midfielder. Played really well against Solbiatese, reminds me of Pirlo. Perfect passes, lethal when it comes down to free kicks, calm, can play as regista. One of his problems is the fact that he might disappear from the match from time to time, a la Ibra/Balotelli.

mil6es

Actually the game is quite good fun especially when you have a group if people with you.

Depends on what kinda DLC they are releasing, if it's on par with boarderlands stuff then I don't see an issue

Blablurn

It's a bang average game. Don't bother.
For me it kinda feels like titanfall all over again. Big hype, solid beta but pretty unspectacular the more i think about it. I liked the titanfall beta too. Bought the game because everyone did so. Played some hours but after some days never touched it again.

GorillaJu

The reason you shouldn't buy the season pass is because you shouldn't buy season passes. The idea of giving these multi-billion dollar publishers money in exchange for a promise of content doesn't sit right with me.

From a practical standpoint its just bad business. You might lose interest in the game before the second or third installment comes out, and what if you get fucked a la Borderlands, where they still withhold the most desirable additions, even from people who have season passes?

Plasma

Banned
Don't think we need another striker at this point, Walcott, Sanchez and Campbell can all play up front so we have plenty of cover there. Would have been nice to get Remy as backup though shame he's gone to Liverpool.

I'm more worried about signing a defensive midfielder though, Wenger's comments make it sound like he's waiting to see if Diaby stays fit which has completely backfired on us before.

Ostinatto

Convince me not to buy the Destiny season pass

The gunplay is terrible. average MP, Stupid World of warcraft random quests like " Kill 10 boars" , artstyle and OST are pretty cool dou.

In front of the goal just tap the shoot button and point to one of the corners. if you press it too hard the keeper has a bigger chance at saving it. its all about the slow ball once you are in front of the goal.

but to be fair i only play fifa online. never really tried the offline stuff lol. so i cant say much about the defense unfortunately. but did you know that you can bring up a second defender to help you?

Here is a good tutorial as well: http://fifaaddiction.com/tutorials/defending/

Thanks.
That's a lot of fifa stuff, will read later :D

Yeah, think I'll wait. Would probaby save £20 at most, with the risk of it being mainly PvP, bad, or me losing interest before it arrives

edit: terrible gunplay wut

And those quests you're talking about seem restricted to Explore mode which is basically only there to pad your levels afaik

Yeah, think I'll wait. Would probaby save £20 at most, with the risk of it being mainly PvP, bad, or me losing interest before it arrives
You could always get the limited edition that comes with the first 2 expansions, there places Ealing that for £80 and a few places cheaper via codes like tesco

LTWheels

You don't even know the content that's in the season pass. It could just be shit, small and not worth the money.

The full game of Destiny could also be shit.

Apparently the level cap is 20. Bit concerned on how much content there is if people got to 8 so quickly in the beta.

I don't game anymore, but how balanced is the gameplay? Is there a shitty weapon that they make you start with that requires no skill? Is there kill streaks? Which Halo does this most resemble in terms of balance?

Price difference between Standard and Limited Edition is the same as the price of the Expansion Pass (the name of which seems to be a clever way of leaving room to flood even more DLC into the game without complaints about it not being covered by a season pass)

Fuck it, I'll wait

Lightning

Banned
Season passes are a big con, imo. DLC should be free, with the amount games cost I think it's wrong charging more just for a 'complete' game you've already purchased.

Companies even plan dlc before the games even released. That shits annoying as fuck. I see no point in rewarding them when they do that.

The only season pass I've bought is TLOU, and that was because I really loved the game and wanted everything in the SP and MP.

I won't be getting Destiny day one, maybe wait for a good deal.

Season passes tend to go on sale on psn or games get re released with that content on disc, a lot of season pass content tends to be crap though tbh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay tthis is WAY too funny.

Mertens:

“First, none of my family imagined coming here [to Napoli] with me, now my home has become a hotel. I swear, now there are many here. And then it becomes difficult to make them go away… My whole family has been here, my brother as many as five times, more recently 14 friends of my fiancée, all together. I have been forced to leave my home, I went to sleep at Gonzalo Higuain’s
:lol :lol :lol
The reason you shouldn't buy the season pass is because you shouldn't buy season passes. The idea of giving these multi-billion dollar publishers money in exchange for a promise of content doesn't sit right with me.
Yeah I'll never get that.

well, I do, but it seems stupid.

LTWheels

The only season pass I've purchased without knowing all the content in it, was the Injustice one. But in that situation, it's a fighting game, so you know that the DLC is just characters.

Apparently after purchasing Remi, Origi, Lovren and Moreno, our net spend will be around zero, when you take into account the sell of Suarez, Assaidi, and Borini.

So still have our 'normal transfer budget + debt' to play with.

King_Moc

Banned
Price difference between Standard and Limited Edition is the same as the price of the Expansion Pass (the name of which seems to be a clever way of leaving room to flood even more DLC into the game without complaints about it not being covered by a season pass)

Fuck it, I'll wait

To be fair, it's an MMO. How would a season pass work exactly? They've stated they intend to support it for years. The only way that can do that is with a constant revenue stream from new content.

The only season pass I've purchased without knowing all the content in it, was the Injustice one. But in that situation, it's a fighting game, so you know that the DLC is just characters.

Apparently after purchasing Remi, Origi, Lovren and Moreno, our net spend will be around zero, when you take into account the sell of Suarez, Assaidi, and Borini.

Borini ain't going I'm afraid :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Surreal. This is what Kramer said to Nicola Rizzoli in the WC final after his head injury

“Well, shortly after the blow suffered by Garay, Kramer came to me and asked: ‘Ref, is this the final?’ At my ‘yes’, amazed, he concluded: ‘Thanks, it was important to know’. I advised Bastian Schweinsteiger and they replaced Kramer.”

LTWheels

I think he will now Remy is all but done. Seems ridiculous that he'll choose to be 4th choice striker at his age. I guess he might be angling for a wage increase from sunderland.

He's probably trying to hold out for an Italian club. He's still regarded quite well out there. I doubt an Iralian club will come in for him at £14m. Once Remi, and Origi are signed, he'll know that there is no place for him anymore.

He's unlucky. He was a fine purchase for a young striker when we were 8th. But we have progressed beyond him in the last year. We don't have the time to wait for him to develop anymore.

GQman2121

Banned
Don't be like me with The Last of Us.

I buy the $60 game and the $15 singleplayer DLC. I then buy the $20 season pass because the new grounded difficulty is $5 on its own, and the multiplayer maps are $15. I figure I might as well buy the pass and have all the DLC if I'm going to spend the money.

So with the PS4 game coming out next week, Sony have me on the hook for nearly $150 for one fucking game. Not even mad though.

That doesn't sound right

Being pessimistic about the fees

Remy: 9m
Origi: 11m
Lovren: 25m
Moreno: 20m

That would be covered by the Suarez sale alone, even if we did only get 65m for him

Maddox

That doesn't sound right

That would be covered by the Suarez sale alone, even if we did only get 65m for him

apart from remy we seemed to be in for all those players before suarez though, lovren is gonna cost 16m isn't he?

Lightning

Banned
That doesn't sound right

How many players do Liverpool need?

Remy
Origi
Lovern
Moreno
Lan
Lambert
That Benfica dude who's name doesn't matter
Lallana

Lolerpool confirmed with this nonsense. So many players yet without Suarez question marks heavily on this team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can't even find proper videos for Morata. 98% of his goals were tap-ins

what is this....Messi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom