• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would still like to give Nani give a chance even just till January if he doesn't work out sell.

Get Zaha out on loan until he acts like an adult, if that never happens then no loss.

Salvadora

mladen-micanovic-1406421858-541423.jpg

Looks like a deal for Mićanović could be on.

Apparently impressed on trial and says the clubs are negotiating.

We could have our own Luiz/Fellaini.

Slizz

Omg this Crossfit piece is incredible. They have the Starting Strength author live against some Crossfit disciple.

The guy that got paralyzed refused to talk to ESPN and the statement they gave about why he won't talk is incredible, they essentially said "You are going to take a traditional journalistic route to do this piece and that won't work because Crossfit is not traditional"

Pinto story with Costa rica is surreal:

Btgut4SIEAAw-T-.jpg

According to that image Navas did not want to train, told Pinto he was a noob at that level, and that he played with Messi, Xavi, Ronaldo and Iniesta every weekend

Salazar

Omg this Crossfit piece is incredible. They have the Starting Strength author live against some Crossfit disciple.

The guy that got paralyzed refused to talk to ESPN and the statement they gave about why he won't talk is incredible, they essentially said "You are going to take a traditional journalistic route to do this piece and that won't work because Crossfit is not traditional"

I watched some of that Crossfit competition today.

Some of the women were so goddamn muscular they seemed to be struggling to run.

Slizz

I watched some of that Crossfit competition today.

Some of the women were so goddamn muscular they seemed to be struggling to run.

Someone will get seriously hurt soon during the televised competition and then the shit will truly hit the fan, not that the main leader of Crossfit getting paralyzed doing a workout doesn't already raise eyebrows.

Salazar

Someone will get seriously hurt soon during the televised competition and then the shit will truly hit the fan, not that the main leader of Crossfit getting paralyzed doing a workout doesn't already raise eyebrows.

True. The death-metal gymnastics shit I watched today was bogus. Maybe you can get away it for a while because your biceps are bigger than your head. But don't propagate spasmodically doing as many ring-lifts as you can in 20 secs as a health movement. It's a stunt.

Rad-

Stuff about LvG:

Most impressed by Evans from the CBs, whose passing and distribution he considers superior to Jones and Smalling.

LVG wants one/two additional ball-playing centre-backs (one must be left-footed).

Hixx

Remy to Liverpool off according to SSN.

AKA Borini won't fuck off.

We'll say that him signing hinged on Remy signing for Liverpool so we can save face.

Guarantee it.

Ingeniero

Pinto story with Costa rica is surreal:

Btgut4SIEAAw-T-.jpg

According to that image Navas did not want to train, toldo Pinto he was a noob at that level, and that he played with Messi, Xavi, Ronaldo and Iniesta every weekend
Damn, what a cunt if true...

How much for Cavani? Have there been reports?
Sanchez - Giroud - Theo
Looks decent but we should improve, maybe next summer.
Also I hope we wrap up Morgan Scheiderlin this week, Wengy pls

GorillaJu

Wow that's bad news indeed. Could that possibly be the reason Shaqiri rumors have resurfaced? With Remy there'd be no reason to buy him but it suddenly makes more sense.

Arnie

Glen Johnson is the benchmark, yeah
Glen's problem isn't physical, it's that he's SHIT.
I assume he's fine to play but they're worried his heart defect might just flare up randomly and force him to retire.
Filling in a lot of blanks there.

We don't know why he failed the medical or why the club had concerns as a result.

Either way I just hope it doesn't shephard us back into BONY-territory.

Glen's problem isn't physical, it's that he's SHIT.

Filling in a lot of blanks there.

We don't know why he failed the medical or why the club had concerns as a result.

Either way I just hope it doesn't shephard us back into BONY-territory.

Back to Reus we go then.....

Allen not weighed down by Xavi comparisons

The 24-year-old was labelled as “the Welsh Xavi” by Brendan Rodgers during the 'Being: Liverpool' documentary in 2012.

Allen made 24 Premier League appearances last season, only 15 of which were starts, but the midfielder believes he is beginning to improve his performances and says he is flattered with comparisons to the Barcelona midfielder.

"For some people the Xavi comparison could probably be an albatross,” Allen told reporters.

“It is some player to be compared to. I don’t take things like that too seriously.

“Some people have maybe used that in a negative way, but, from my point of view, you have to look at it as something that should flatter you.

“It should inspire you to become as good as someone like that.

“I certainly felt the performance levels were getting back up to what I expect from myself and a level I can perform at.”

CNB1W6d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom