• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Tbf, it's understandable if we have been overly cautious over Remy, especially after what happened to Doni.

Also, BBC reporting Lovren deal done, announced tomorrow.

Arnie

It's only Remy.
Which is yet another reason I'm finding a lot of this last page baffling.

I'm genuinely not fussed he isn't coming. I've got no attachment to him whatsoever. The oddest post of all was Salva's about "not wishing this on anyone".

Just found it really strange how - following an unsubstantiated rumour - we've pulled out due to a heart defect.

Although I will admit that until the last few post I was cool as a cucumber. Then from Slizz and Pappe's posts onwards I started wielding the ignore button like a double-bladed lightsaber in The Phantom Menace.

Sparks everywhere. Tons of casualties.

Would Bony fit in Liverpool's side?

Seems a bit lumbering and lazy for them.
A while back Hitcher posted a post from rawk which tried to explain why they might have wanted him when they thought Suarez could stay. And then they swapped to Remy. I doubt they'll go back to it.

Which is yet another reason I'm finding a lot of this last page baffling.

I'm genuinely not fussed he isn't coming. I've got no attachment to him whatsoever. The oddest post of all was Salva's about "not wishing this on anyone".

Just found it really strange how - following an unsubstantiated rumour - we've pulled out due to a heart defect.

Although I will admit that until the last few post I was cool as a cucumber. Then from Slizz and Pappe's posts onwards I started wielding the ignore button like a double-bladed lightsaber in The Phantom Menace.

Sparks everywhere. Tons of casualties.
Putting Slizz on ignore is going to be your loss.

Line-up to face Ljubljana (4-2-3-1): Delac; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Zouma, Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Salah, Boga, Brown; Costa.

Subs: Cech, Ivanovic, Ake, Terry, Christensen, Chalobah, Van Ginkel, Romeu, Baker, Swift, Solanke, Bamford, Torres.

what a lineup

Man, you really hate us. Still don't get why.

Clarence-Seedorf.jpg

The disrespect for my all time favorite player.

Need the NEW FIFA

FIFA 14 I was so disgusted at Moyes I stopped playing it.

Need to build new FUT

I assume my 100k coins carry over?

Coins never carry over.

Walshy

Considering our previous back-up keeper, Doni, had a heart attack whilst at the club it's understandable that we are cautious.

Arnie

Really?

Losing out on a signing because of a failed medical isn't something desirable.

Didn't say anything about his heart.
As suitable as Remy would have been - and that's the best adjective to describe him - an £8.5 million QPR player isn't the sort of signing that, should it not happen, would have you duvet ridden for days.

From your post it sounded like someone had died.

Not having a go, it just didn't match what I was feeling at the time.

The whole things bemusing rather than heartbreaking.

Salvadora

As suitable as Remy would have been - and that's the best adjective to describe him - an £8.5 million QPR player isn't the sort of signing that, should it not happen, would have you duvet ridden for days.

To be fair, you seem to be feeling different from a lot of Liverpool fans.

Didn't mean it to come off like someone had died, because they haven't, but I've seen quite a few people excited about it because he's a quality player at a bargain price.

Clarence-Seedorf.jpg

The disrespect for my all time favorite player.

Coins never carry over.

To be fair, he wasn't that good with a part of the team and even with Tassotti, a guy that should have a little bit of respect from everybody, even if Seedorf was his boss. Not having a good relationship with the Italian players in an Italian team doesn't seem wise, just as waking up people at 3am just to reply to a mail.

I'm not saying that Milan did everything correctly, hell, I can remember a lot of things the board got completely wrong with him (especially Galliani) and definitely more than Seedorf's faults. But he isn't just an innocent coach that had everybody against him for no good reason, that's for sure.

tri_willy

not devastated that we didnt get remy, but hope this will prompt brendan into going full HAM and bring someone who adds that extra dimension in attack

King_Moc

Banned

He was a lot better than being at QPR would suggest though. The only problem I could see would be him demanding a 1st place all the time.

Surreal, isn't it.

And the mental gymnastics to persuade themselves that he would be good enough is the cherry on the cake.

Most of us don't want him or rate him that high, but we don't have any left footed CBs that can play in the 352 either. So better him than Chris Smalling in that position because the middle CB is Evans unless we sign a proper, physical, aggressive, tall CB.

And again, Fuck Moyes for Vidic leaving.

Arnie

Surreal, isn't it.

And the mental gymnastics to persuade themselves that he would be good enough is the cherry on the cake.
That's the bit I've enjoyed.

Some excellent spin. Dan Crehran would be proud, were he not celebrating City's 2012 premier league title.

Walshy

not devastated that we didnt get remy, but hope this will prompt brendan into going full HAM and bring someone who adds that extra dimension in attack
To be fair, I don't think Remy would of brought that extra dimension to our attack.

He is very similar type of player to Sturridge, would of been a great back up if we did not want to change the system.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I haven't put anyone on ignore yet, and don't plan to IMO. All a bit pointless innit?

Ive had Pulga on ignore when my fifa club told me about him, this was like 6 months ago, i only just learned he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom