• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

guess we've found our holding midfielder for the season

"one for the future"

Bet he ends up staying at RB. Maybe CB if Bellerin takes RB.

did Ox ever play centrally for Saints?

'I've always been a midfielder and have only recently gone out to the wing, but wherever I play on the pitch I've just got to make sure I give the best performance I can.'

3sixty m8, 10mil and Cornelius is yours. Good on defensive set pieces too.

How do you feel about Kris Stadsgaard? He's slightly better than Jos and once scored against Barcelona, in La Liga.

Lightning

Banned
Chambers is nowhere near ready to play CB in the prem.

Let alone CM where he has literally NEVER played.

Then again Wenger did try and mug everyone off playing Ramsey as a right winger.
Wenger always says this about his players to justify their value.

Like Sanchez can play across the entire front line and Ramsey can play any of the mid field roles. It's what he done, always does.

jtb

Banned
"one for the future"

Bet he ends up staying at RB. Maybe CB if Bellerin takes RB.

'I've always been a midfielder and have only recently gone out to the wing, but wherever I play on the pitch I've just got to make sure I give the best performance I can.'

well, then we better sell him while we can because that's never happening unless we're turning him into a holding midfielder too

Yen

Wooden, I was playing FM today and in the CL I beat Copenhagen 8-0 with a hat trick coming from a former Brondby regen.

wedward

well, then we better sell him while we can because that's never happening unless we're turning him into a holding midfielder too

Don't be dense.

ramsey will end up in the number ten position.

Don't think so. He is too valuable defensively and his stamina is great. Think his current position is his best.

Think after Ozil Zelalem will take the #10 if he continues to improve.

Put bets on who gets injured today.

Is Agger playing?

Wooden, I was playing FM today and in the CL I beat Copenhagen 8-0 with a hat trick coming from a former Brondby regen.

ih4UQSL7TYQ9K.gif

jtb

Banned
I can see Ramsey being pushed into the number 10 role over time. he scores goals so he must be a number 10! with Fabregas, I got the logic... a bit... but Mancini did same thing with Yaya. congratulations, you scored a goal against Newcastle. you're a number 10 now!

what a fucking idiot.

I hope it doesn't happen with Ramsey though. midfielders who are well-rounded and good at just about everything are rare and to push him further forward would be a huge waste (just like it was whenever Mancini did it with Yaya). at least Fabregas wasn't the best defensively, so you could understand pushing him further forward

bud

Don't be dense.

Don't think so. He is too valuable defensively and his stamina is great. Think his current position is his best.

Think after Ozil Zelalem will take the #10 if he continues to improve.

i get that he's playing as a dmf now, but in a year or two he'll too good to be limited to that position--he's got number ten written all over him. either that or wenger at some point switches to a 4-3-3 with a number six and two attacking midfielders--and he'll be the one of them.

wedward

i get that he's playing as a dmf now, but in a year or two he'll too good to be limited to that position--he's got number ten written all over him. either that or wenger at some point switches to a 4-3-3 with a number six and two attacking midfielders--and he'll be the one of them.

I think he is perfectly suited to his current position and we lose more by moving him further forward than we gain. Especially with so many other creative players that can play the 10.

bud

I can see Ramsey being pushed into the number 10 role over time. he scores goals so he must be a number 10! with Fabregas, I got the logic... a bit... but Mancini did same thing with Yaya. congratulations, you scored a goal against Newcastle. you're a number 10 now!

what a fucking idiot.

I hope it doesn't happen with Ramsey though. midfielders who are well-rounded and good at just about everything are rare and to push him further forward would be a huge waste (just like it was whenever Mancini did it with Yaya). at least Fabregas wasn't the best defensively, so you could understand pushing him further forward

he makes intelligent runs, sees things other players don't, has great vision, and, of course, he scores goals. there aren't many attacking midfielders that are as all-round as ramsey. you'd want someone like that causing as much havoc as he possibly can, and what better position could he do that in than in the number ten position?

I think he is perfectly suited to his current position and we lose more by moving him further forward than we gain. Especially with so many other creative players that can play the 10.

well, yeah, ozil, sanchez, arteta, and rosicky can all play there. i'm not saying he should be playing there now, but i do believe he'll end up there, eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom