• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Saints fans must really hate us now.

They're your problem now. Honstley, just Google some of the stuff they were saying while still at Southampton. I've never been happier to see a good clear out. Plus the fact you overpaid for every single player.

omgkitty

3Sixty how will you react when Schneiderlin leaves? He's played for you guys a while. I would assume he comes back tomorrow, so if he's leaving it's mostly likely going to be this week. To be fair, Arsene did tip you guys off to him.

3Sixty

They're your problem now. Honstley, just Google some of the stuff they were saying while still at Southampton. I've never been happier to see a good clear out. Plus the fact you overpaid for every single player.

Aye.

I genuinely only want players that want to be here.

It's always been the way with Saints. Mercenaries get nowhere while players that show affinity for the club are revered for decades.

Fry

I know what you mean.

So if you're not bothered, everybody wins. :)

3Sixty

3Sixty how will you react when Schneiderlin leaves? He's played for you guys a while. I would assume he comes back tomorrow, so if he's leaving it's mostly likely going to be this week. To be fair, Arsene did tip you guys off to him.

Deserves to play at the top, top level.

Wouldn't begrudge him a move, though of course I would give a large part of my liver for him to stay.

Arnie

Don't want Bony. Not bothered by Remy.

Do you wanna finish top 4 m12?

I would've liked Remy but I wasn't distraught at missing out on him.

Bony is different. I just don't think he's the right profile of player for us. A bit brutish.

Also, on Southampton, they've got over £100 million still to spend when you factor in TV deals.

Their fans can be as angry at us as they want but if they don't spend that money then it's their fucking fault.

hiroshawn

Banned
Totally doing a Schweinsteiger now, but whatever:

I think I have been very mean to elsk today and I want to say sorry for that. I didn't mean it and to apologize, I found these two pics that should make you very happy. It's girls with mangos. One mango is huge, I hope you appreciate it.

ML2HE1Ul.jpg

m0ncNzFl.jpg

Poverty mangoes. In the Caribbean we have mangoes so sweet so ripe that the flesh of the magoes is a deep orange. Sometimes we can cut a hole in the top and just suck everything right out.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Aye.

I genuinely only want players that want to be here.

It's always been the way with Saints. Mercenaries get nowhere while players that show affinity for the club are revered for decades.

It's frustrating when we lose young players like Shaw, Bale, Walcott etc but they aren't out there talking shit about the club trying to get a big money deal. I hope they go on to do good things.

Bale for example is all class when he talks about Saints and Spurs. I can respect that.

Lallana and Lovren on the other hand saying theyre dreaming of Liverpool half way through the season is bollocks. They can get fucked.

Clegg

Downloaded Transistor from PSN and played it for half an hour. I've only just started the game but I already adore it. Soundtrack is incredible. From the devs who made Bastion.

jtb

Banned
Bony needs at least another season before I can really rate him. being the focal point at Swansea seems to be good for 15-20 goals a season, but beyond that... meh. first it was Sigurssdon, then it was Michu, then now it's Bony. none of the production has been sustainable.

Slizz

Michu moved from Swans right?

I thought Bony was gonna light up the PL last year....

He's got to have gotten better with a season of experience.

omgkitty

Well shit:

gunnerblog: AW: ‘I don’t think Sanchez will come to Austria because he has to go to Paris to get a visa, so he will only go so he will work in London.’

Also, AW on Chambers:

gunnerblog: AW on Chambers: "He is only 19 and can play at CB, RB & CM. I hope he will give us competition for the players in those three positions."

Salvadora

AW: ‘I don’t think Sanchez will come to Austria because he has to go to Paris to get a visa, so he will only go so he will work in London.’
:/
AW on Chambers: "He is only 19 and can play at CB, RB & CM. I hope he will give us competition for the players in those three positions."
:)

hiroshawn

Banned
Well shit:

gunnerblog: AW: ‘I don’t think Sanchez will come to Austria because he has to go to Paris to get a visa, so he will only go so he will work in London.’

Also, AW on Chambers:

gunnerblog: AW on Chambers: "He is only 19 and can play at CB, RB & CM. I hope he will give us competition for the players in those three positions."

I don't understand this.

3Sixty

No matter how many goals you score, if Sulley Muntari scores against you, you should auto lose.

Chambers has literally never played CM

Well shit:

Also, AW on Chambers:

Wasn't it basically confirmed Sanchez wouldn't be joining the tour in Austria and playing in the Emirates Cup instead?

omgkitty

Why is Wenger commenting on Chambers?

I didn't know it had been confirmed.

It hasn't. Here's more:

‘He hasn’t played many games but the English players on the market in England are very expensive,’ he said. ‘At the end of the day I was ready to take a gamble because he is a one for the future.
‘He is a player I wanted because I rated his quality and intelligence. He is only 19 and can play at centre-back, right-back and central midfield. I hope he will give us competition for the players in those three positions.’

3Sixty

Chambers is nowhere near ready to play CB in the prem.

Let alone CM where he has literally NEVER played.

Then again Wenger did try and mug everyone off playing Ramsey as a right winger.

Slizz

Bah, they are starting the Liverpool game on FS2 which I only get in SD, meanwhile this pointless fucking game thats been over even before the end of the first half is on FS1 in glorious HD

Chambers is nowhere near ready to play CB in the prem.

Let alone CM where he has literally NEVER played.

Then again Wenger did try and mug everyone off playing Ramsey as a right winger.

Don't worry friend, you'll have Vlaar and De Vrij as your CBs soon enough, with Clasie in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom