• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
This pitch is atrocious
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Lightning

Banned
Ramsey is best where he is currently. Get in Schneiderlin and that will allow Ramsey to get forward and do defensive responsibilities as well. Ramsey is an alround midfielder but inferior to Özil as a pure attacking midfielder.

3Sixty

Worst thing was I was going to him in a first scorer double with Jovitic but the didn't realise the City game kicked off so early :(

jtb

Banned
he makes intelligent runs, sees things other players don't, has great vision, and, of course, he scores goals. there aren't many attacking midfielders that are as all-round as ramsey. you'd want someone like that causing as much havoc as he possibly can, and what better position could he do that in than in the number ten position?

I like his running and stamina in a deeper role. what I really like about Ramsey is that he can carry and shield the ball well, despite not being a particularly large player. I don't think he plays as a defensive midfielder right now, he's much more a box to box midfielder—he has license to roam forward with the ball but also can win the ball back and be disciplined without the ball. I like him linking the two other midfielders, ideally one more attacking oriented (a traditional 10, like Ozil) and one who's a dedicated DM/ball-winner (like a Schniederlin) and he offers a link between midfield and attack.

I think his current role is ideal. He can help us dominate games and possession in midfield in a way we haven't done in a long, long time. Arteta's a good sideways passer but he's not a particularly creative player—and that's a big reason why we've lost our ability to dominate sides imo. Having a very creative but also physical player like Ramsey in that role is something we haven't had since Fabregas. And Ramsey's even better physically/defensively than Fabregas was, making him more suited to that deeper role imo

Clegg

Independent says LvG is very impressed by Mata's football intelligence and technical ability and has decided to make him our number 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom