• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting frustrated with FIFA started playing a good round of old school footy with friends.
1406501181912lmy1m.jpg

PES09

Mastadon

Banned
notBigSam ‏@TheBig_Sam 2 mins
Watching 'The Elephant Man' on TV. My face wet with tears. He looked like a sack full of fucking conkers but by Christ, that kid had spunk.

GQman2121

Banned
Do you remember that Chandler line

'This is where I lean'

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln5wcehV6l1qh17feo1_500.gif[MG][/QUOTE]

I remember all things Chandler Bing.

Speaking of which, Friends is hard to go back and watch today. Doesn't hold up like Seinfeld, Fraiser or even Will & Grace.

Arnie

:lol United have fucking briefed that Mata shite

Such an embarrassing communications department in that club.

"Lads, run this at 10:30. Mata's in the hole. I repeat, Mata's in the hole."

:lol United have fucking briefed that Mata shite

Such an embarrassing communications department in that club.

"Lads, run this at 10:30. Mata's in the hole. I repeat, Mata's in the hole."
I really don't understand why we operate like this. As far as I can tell were the only club who brief so surgically. To what end I have no idea. Just a story I guess. They all lap it up too. It's hilarious, they all write the exact same story every couple of days.

Arnie

I really don't understand why we operate like this. As far as I can tell were the only club who brief so surgically. To what end I have no idea. Just a story I guess. They all lap it up too. It's hilarious, they all write the exact same story every couple of days.

We operate similar when we are referring to a specific transfer target, but never for general things like training regimes or "the mood in the camp" style stories.

It's embarrassing to see all the journalists mop it up, too.

Football clubs have the media by the balls.

Pretty sure Liverpool don't actually want J Rod, but anyway, he's the one Saints player I just wasn't impressed by last season.

I wasn't paying much attention but I didn't see anything in him that made me think he could go on and be really really good.

Am I alone?

operon

We operate similar when we are referring to a specific transfer target, but never for general things like training regimes or "the mood in the camp" style stories.

It's embarrassing to see all the journalists mop it up, too.

Football clubs have the media by the balls.
Genetalia do you want pc gaf to get you banned friend

Stubo

Manchester United have been told they will have to pay £79m for Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman, 24, despite the Dutchman being sidelined with a cruciate knee ligament injury since March.
I don't really mind if this is true, it makes their stance very clear and paves the way for looking at other targets.

I don't really mind if this is true, it makes their stance very clear and paves the way for looking at other targets.
It was a throwaway comment more than anything. In the transfer window stuff like this becomes news.

Are they really going to say no to £50m for him for instance. It's the main story on the back of The Sun for gods sake :lol

STROOTH!

Stubo

While I realise it's very difficult to justify sometimes, I have a lot of respect for teams who turn down reasonable or even generous offers for their players.

Holding on to players which are 100% known to be compatible with your play and often driving your success on the pitch is worth a fair amount.

Edit: £79m does remind me of some of the silly release clauses though, there's something very Dr. Evil about them.

WSC4BiJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom