• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
There is an answer to that and we saw it last season: 4-4-2.

Wenger even mentioned it in relation to Sanchez.

I totally agree. I've been dreaming of a 4-4-2 with Theo and a target man (Giroud?) playing up front for years. But our midfield would be even more overrun than usual by the top teams. We'll see.

Wenger only played 4-4-2 as a panic button of sorts against the minnows and is suicidal against a Chelsea. We already win against the lower teams pretty handily, not sure 4-4-2 would solve our problems that much. but it would give Giroud more of a role.

Salvadora

I totally agree. I've been dreaming of a 4-4-2 with Theo and a target man (Giroud?) playing up front for years. But our midfield would be even more overrun than usual by the top teams. We'll see.
I'd need to go back and watch the horrifying defeats, because I've purged them from my memory, but individual mistakes and tactical naivety on the part of Wenger played a large part in them.

It's not as simple as chucking Arteta out of the team for the big games like some people suggest.

Barzul

I'd need to go back and watch the horrifying defeats, because I've purged them from my memory, but individual mistakes and tactical naivety on the part of Wenger played a large part in them.

It's not as simple as chucking Arteta out of the team for the big games like some people suggest.

It mostly stemmed from how our fullbacks were deployed in those games but Arteta's lack of recovery speed didn't help either. Throw in some individual errors and we were made to pay badly.

manual4

Banned
With every news conference he seems a little more skeptical about our team

By the end of the tour I fully expect him to either leave or demand reinforcements

can you blame him though?

man c have strong first 11 and a bench better than the united starting 11.

arsenal started to build last year with ozil, now they have Sanchez , debuchy, improved bench and possibly khedira.

Chelsea dumped the old baggage and bought spice from Spain.

Liverpool...., eh they have a competent team atleast.

wedward

Jimmy Chilides @Jimmy_Chilides · 55m
Wenger has had discussions with as many as 6 targets recently, he wants to bring in 2 more players by the end of the transfer window 1/3

This is where it gets interesting gooners, ONE player wenger wants to announce as soon as THIS weekend, the 2nd in the next coming weeks 2/3

Also one of the players he is working I have been told is of the same calibre and stature of Mesut Ozil, will be a big name signing 3/3

Haverstock AFC @ArsenalSince86 · 33m
I'm very optimistic now. Window has been good to us. About to be a whole lot better.

I was quiet over Debuchy and Sanchez which I was told about in advance as a few on here can testify. This is new. Exciting if we close it.

I swear, every Arsenal fan in North London is a ITK.

jtb

Banned

It mostly stemmed from how our fullbacks were deployed in those games but Arteta's lack of recovery speed didn't help either. Throw in some individual errors and we were made to pay badly.

well, tactical naiveté includes playing a paper thin midfield and telling your full backs to bomb forward and leave said midfield even more exposed. taking a precious body out of that midfield three would leave our already weak-ish players outmuscled and outnumbered. unless you're playing on the counter with two banks of four (which is anathema to Wenger, I'm sure), I don't like our odds with those tactics.

Arteta doesn't need to be discarded, he needs to be replaced with someone that's a significant improvement. It's like Song. Obviously, Alex Song was a terrible terrible DM. but even a shit Song was better than having literally nobody to protect the back four.

This guy I used to know growing up, totally looks like a younger Salazar now

Wog91RL.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
can you blame him though?

man c have strong first 11 and a bench better than the united starting 11.

arsenal started to build last year with ozil, now they have Sanchez , debuchy, improved bench and possibly khedira.

Chelsea dumped the old baggage and bought spice from Spain.

Liverpool...., eh they have a competent team atleast.

Course I dont blame him, I just wish it didnt take another two weeks to get the ball rolling. Every United fan knows we are top heavy as fuck.

Tc91

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 43s
#mufc team v Inter: Lindegaard; Smalling, Jones, Evans; Valencia, Fletcher, Herrera, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck.

manual4

Banned
Course I dont blame him, I just wish it didnt take another two weeks to get the ball rolling. Every United fan knows we are top heavy as fuck.

probably should forget vidal then and focus on someone that would actually be active in a move to your club

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
#mufc team v Inter: Lindegaard; Smalling, Jones, Evans; Valencia, Fletcher, Herrera, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck.

Shaw :s

I wonder

Young

I worry

3Sixty

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Imagine any of those players starting over you at LB.

Shaw you fat cunt.

Mr Cola

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Imagine any of those players starting over you at LB.

Shaw you fat cunt.

Second game in a row, he had a teenager last game, granted though he did score twice v Galaxy. I dunno, maybe there is nothing ot this, but it would be hilarious if one of our two signings was already out of favour.

3Sixty

Second game in a row, he had a teenager last game, granted though he did score twice v Galaxy. I dunno, maybe there is nothing ot this, but it would be hilarious if one of our two signings was already out of favour.

Shaw was obviously not a LVG signing. Just imagine if he doesn't rate him. £30m lool

I will lose my mind if Reece James starts first game of the season.

It will make it all worth it.

omgkitty

Jimmy Chilides @Jimmy_Chilides · 55m
Wenger has had discussions with as many as 6 targets recently, he wants to bring in 2 more players by the end of the transfer window 1/3

This is where it gets interesting gooners, ONE player wenger wants to announce as soon as THIS weekend, the 2nd in the next coming weeks 2/3

Also one of the players he is working I have been told is of the same calibre and stature of Mesut Ozil, will be a big name signing 3/3

Haverstock AFC @ArsenalSince86 · 33m
I'm very optimistic now. Window has been good to us. About to be a whole lot better.

I was quiet over Debuchy and Sanchez which I was told about in advance as a few on here can testify. This is new. Exciting if we close it.

I swear, every Arsenal fan in North London is a ITK.

GOD DAMNIT DONT FUCK WITH ME WEDWARD

Mr Cola

So Zaha up front, that should be interesting, genuinely didnt know he could shoot.

Jarnet87

With every news conference he seems a little more skeptical about our team

By the end of the tour I fully expect him to either leave or demand reinforcements

Every day that he has to witness players like Cleverlols and the one footed man practicing is worse then the day before it. Every new day is the worst day of his life. Cleverly.

Clegg

LvG says to expect nothing for three months.

Softening the blow. Value. Good squad. Happy with what I have.

Dhsudbxiwnaodmamxjwashxudm

Mr Cola

I look forward to Moyes inevitable book which will reveal who he had lined up for this summer, genuinely interested to see who we "could" have had. All bullshit mind, lining a player up and actually signing him are far apart.

omgkitty

Wenger is gunna drop the BOMBA.

Get ready.

Seriously find it crazy if we sign someone the caliber of Ozil. I think we'd all have different opinions on this, but I see Ozil caliber as someone like Cavani, Reus, or Pogba. The players we've been linked with so far - Costa, Willy, Khedira, Bender etc - are not Ozil level. No matter what footygaf says, Ozil is one of the best players in the world.

jtb

Banned
I look forward to Moyes inevitable book which will reveal who he had lined up for this summer, genuinely interested to see who we "could" have had. All bullshit mind, lining a player up and actually signing him are far apart.

does he actually plan on getting a job again? or does he have one of those Chelsea compensation deal things where he can't manage again for another year or so

They wouldn't loan Demba Ba.

We'll see. I don't necessarily believe Jose's posturing on that. Wenger didn't want to pay for Ba, I suspect. Chelsea have shown repeatedly they'll do business at the right price, business where both parties usually win tbh

Clegg

We had Thiago, I think.

Moyes didn't fancy him.

He doesn't hate Lukaku, he hates young players.

And Lukaku is an extremely talented young player which makes him even more angry.

It must have been all that anger that made him let a 25/26 year old Mata go, and use a 21 year old Oscar to push him out of the team.

or wait, that was his hate for Spanish people after leaving Madrid that made him do that.

Salvadora

It must have been all that anger that made him let a 25/26 year old Mata go, and use a 21 year old Oscar to push him out of the team.

or wait, that was his hate for Spanish people after leaving Madrid that made him do that.
Mata was the result of xenophobia towards the Spanish people.

Mata died so Oscar could live.

jtb

Banned
wedward, please.

You already had a fantastic window.

Call wenger off. I beg of you.

It's been a competent window so far, nothing more.

one very good signing: Sanchez.

the rest are all just replacements for players we lost. and in case of Debuchy/Chambers, in immediate future, they're actually downgrades. but I won't hold it against Chambers. just Debuchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom