• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

United fans are very excited by the way you handled some of the Holland games in the World Cup. The change of formations, goalkeeper for a shootout etc?

It is also a little bit of luck when you do that! But of course [you] are do[ing] those things with arguments [for good reasons]. Already I give this press conference with a lot of arguments [reasons why], I hope you can understand that.

(Questioner laughs)

You are laughing?

No, we had a manager before that we had a lot of arguments with [Ferguson].

Not arguments, I mean the reasons why. So good that I explained that. I don’t have arguments with you – until this moment!

/dead

Salvadora

City fans would argue that they have knocked at the door, opened it, and closed it and now you have to knock at the door again and try to get back through it

If you like to say that, then you have to write it down! I feel that [you] like to say that.

But that is City fans’ view – that they are on top

I have learned the word “entice”. You are enticing me. I said “provoke” but Ryan [Giggs] said “entice”. But the players didn’t understand and said “provoke”.
:lol

JJ is a laugh.

Lightning

Banned
It's been a competent window so far, nothing more.

one very good signing: Sanchez.

the rest are all just replacements for players we lost. and in case of Debuchy/Chambers, in immediate future, they're actually downgrades. but I won't hold it against Chambers. just Debuchy.
Chambers is not going to prove to be a downgrade. You're going to eat those words!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Morgan Schneiderlin is preparing to hand in a transfer request to force through a move from Southampton to Tottenham, Goal has learned.

The midfielder is furious that Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger announced on Tuesday that he will not be sold this summer despite advanced talks between the Saints and Spurs over a transfer. Schneiderlin is ready to submit a transfer request and could even refuse to play for Southampton as he believes that the club have broken repeated promises.

The Saints told the France international they would not stand in his way if a big club wanted to sign him when he penned a four-year contract in February 2013.

They repeated the promise last summer when Schneiderlin opted to stay at the club amid serious interest from Arsenal, while the midfielder was assured that Southampton would listen to offers when he told them of his desire to leave St Mary's Stadium before this summer’s World Cup.

Schneiderlin has seen several team-mates leave the club this summer and does not understand why the Saints should stand in his way, having been willing to sell so many players.

Apparently both us and Arsenal offered £13m for him (according to the Mail) but he wants to work with Pochettino again.

jtb

Banned
Jamie Jackson is even worse than Daniel Taylor. the apprentice has surpassed the master.

Chambers is not going to prove to be a downgrade. You're going to eat those words!

The immediate future. Long term, fantastic purchase. But in terms of: will he help us win the title this season? No, I don't think he's a better player than Sagna, right now.

Tc91

Ian Ladyman ‏@Ian_Ladyman_DM 36s

Luke Shaw not even on bench for #mufc tonight

YES LADYMAN

:looool you've sold us a fat cunt.

Rob Dawson ‏@RobDawsonMEN 1m
No Luke Shaw on the bench for United tonight. Fit enough to play on Saturday but not tonight.

£30m down the swanny.

omgkitty

That pitch is fucking pristine.

Btua3kXIcAAWFxQ.jpg:large

Jarnet87

van Gaal green lights the transfer of Shaw. Spends 27 million pounds on a fat english kent. It's no wonder why van Gaal wasn't to assess the team and personally deal with the transfer business. The man doesn't trust Woody.

Is there still bad blood between them? Not trying to stir shit just curious as it seems odd to move him on

Well they have been keeping it mostly out of the press at least, but everything points to it. Which I also wouldn't be surprised about, I doubt Mourinho is the kind of manager that takes a young player asking for a transfer/loan with a week back of the transfer window lightly. He could have gotten so many matches last season too... and then he thought it was a good idea to start talking shit in the press. ffs.

Hixx

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet flew out 10 young players to fulfil a fixture in Portugal last night - and avoid calling the game off.

Poyet sent out a late emergency call for the under-21 side who headed off in a hurry ahead of the match with Spanish side Recreativo de Huelva.

The Black Cats chief did not want to use his thin first team squad and was thinking about cancelling the friendly.

However Sunderland officials decided to send the fringe men to join the 16-strong senior party and fulfil the fixture.

Poyet wants to make new signings but the lack of enough new arrivals left his party small and forced him to call on the youngsters to come to the rescue.

The under-21 side had been due to play at Grimsby, but their plans were quickly changed to get Poyet out of a hole.

We're going down. Our u21s are mint though.

Q: Are you looking forward to your managerial battle with Jose Mourinho?

LVG: No. I play against Chelsea. And not against Jose Mourinho. My team and his team are playing against each other.

Q: But he is renowned for engaging in mind games with managers and players – will that provoke you?

LVG: No. He shall not do that with me.

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Lightning

Banned
Jamie Jackson is even worse than Daniel Taylor. the apprentice has surpassed the master.

The immediate future. Long term, fantastic purchase. But in terms of: will he help us win the title this season? No, I don't think he's a better player than Sagna, right now.
Wenger done all he really could do in replacing Sagna. Sagna was only going to get worse, not better and Debuchy is a lame signing but an experienced safe signing.

Getting Coleman out of Everton would have been so hard. Pain in the ass club to deal with Everton so wenger took the safest option. This "Sagna is so much better than Debuchy" must be referring to Sagna's prime because there's stuff all difference between them now.

bobito

Banned
Well they have been keeping it mostly out of the press at least, but everything points to it. Which I also wouldn't be surprised about, I doubt Mourinho is the kind of manager that takes a young player asking for a transfer/loan with a week back of the transfer window lightly. He could have gotten so many matches last season too... and then he thought it was a good idea to start talking shit in the press. ffs.

I thought it was odd of him to ask to move when his main opponent would of been Torres. If I was a young player I would see that as a golden opportunity

Also people like robben got loads of opportunities as kids under mou so dont get the he hates mids narrative. A better one is probably that kids struggle in teams with massive squads.

manual4

Banned
Van Gaal
“A lot of players are playing intuitively and I want them to think and know why they do something. That’s a process that is difficult at first and in the first three months. It takes time.”

Also people like robben got loads of opportunities as kids under mou so dont get the he hates mids narrative. A better one is probably that kids struggle in teams with massive squads.

Salvador is just trolling, probably still personally hurt about Mou's Wenger comments last season.

jtb

Banned
Wenger done all he really could do in replacing Sagna. Sagna was only going to get worse, not better and Debuchy is a lame signing but an experienced safe signing.

Getting Coleman out of Everton would have been so hard. Pain in the ass club to deal with Everton so wenger took the safest option. This "Sagna is so much better than Debuchy" must be referring to Sagna's prime because there's stuff all difference between them now.

I don't rate Debuchy much, but he's a competent player. Monreal-level. All I'm saying is, so far, has the team improved much from last season to this upcoming season? Lots of exciting signings, but many are just like for like replacements/slight downgrades for players we're losing. Sanchez is only clear improvement. if we sign a DM, it'll be a good summer but I don't think two improvements are going to push us over the edge and see us win the title or even win a CL tie.

20m+ Gnabry for Schneiderlin. Deal?

20m + Gnabry + Campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom