• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo86

IF we get some more decent signings this summer I will write last summer's shambles off as a one off and give Woodward some credit. He is obviously an astute businessman and not an idiot.

Hixx

Just finished reading Ender's Game... the sequels worth reading?

Such a weird book. Like the first 60% of it is kind of slow and very in-depth/meticulous and the last third or so is really interesting and goes at an incredible pace. Kind of feels like he wrote the first half of it and got bored with how slowly it was going so just said "fuck it". But because of the difference in pace it kind of feels like a completely different story.

Wilbur

Banned
@Malachians: All the players on Saturday where in their rooms by 8.30 despite being allowed to go out. The respect and fear they have of LVG is immense

@Malachians: The club also said they had no issues with trusting David Moyes with money because he wouldn't spend it.

pls

Daily Star think that West Ham want to sign Saphir Taider from Milan and Vitorino Antunes from Malaga on loan.

Are they any good? and why do we keep getting linked with left-backs?

Antunes is decent from what I've seen of him

Mail put up another story about Hummels to United. Claim it'd be for £16million.. that's a nice dream.
It's a nice circle or shite.

Starting from Spain, where they attributed a story to a guy who claims he couldn't have written it cos he was on holiday in which they claim United are going to sign Anderson this summer.

Jokes.

Clegg

Woowar is flying back for transfer business again? Hope to god he has learned from last summers disastrous efforts.

rvy

Banned
10420136_10152633989447164_7093338689173540213_n.jpg

Hixx

On Borini: "His agent says "It is not a rejection but at the end of the day he wants to play for #LFC" #SAFC

AKA we hold all the chips and now we want to cash them in.

He's probably going to want wages on par with AJ, don't think we will give him that though.

Salvadora

Also, Arse-bros, if we sign Sanchez, Schneiderlin/DM, Ospina, Debuchy, CB and that is it I think it will be a mistake to have not signed Cesc. I refuse to believe we couldn't afford him or find a place.
Of course we could afford him.

Where would he play?

Blablurn

Yo Deutschland GAF.

Kennt ihr das Video wo so ein halbnackter Typ auf ner Couch liegt und über Frauen ablästert? Das sie alle nur ficken wollen. Ich komm nicht mehr auf den Namen

edit:

got it! asi toni isses

Meier

"Santiago Bernabeu tour operating hours changed for tomorrow due to an official event"

Guess James will be unveiled tomorrow or Wednesday then.

Gambit

Elsk is gonna go crazy.

Bayern playing with Hojberg, Scholl and Contento.

Yo Deutschland GAF.

Kennt ihr das Video wo so ein halbnackter Typ auf ner Couch liegt und über Frauen ablästert? Das sie alle nur ficken wollen. Ich komm nicht mehr auf den Namen

edit:

got it! asi toni isses

I have absolutely no idea what that is.

wedward

Madrid are insane.

benzema, bale, ronaldo, hames, kroos, modric.

Di Maria, Isco, Alonso, Khedira, Illramendi all on the bench or sold.

On paper, I think RM has a much better team than Barca.

What happens if this is true? If this years transfers are a failure, does that mean Barca will suck for the next 2 years?

Which failure of a player do you guys think will finally improve this year?

Fuck it, I'm putting my money on Cleverley. At least I'll go down in flames.

wedward

On paper, I think RM has a much better team than Barca.

What happens if this is true? If this years transfers are a failure, does that mean Barca will suck for the next 2 years?

Depends on what happens with their defense I think.

Which failure of a player do you guys think will finally improve this year?

Fuck it, I'm putting my money on Cleverley. At least I'll go down in flames.

Hard to say Cleverly is a failure. Probably just the player he is. Can't really see him getting much time.

Tubie

Madrid are insane.

benzema, bale, ronaldo, hames, kroos, modric.

Di Maria, Isco, Alonso, Khedira, Illramendi all on the bench or sold.

I feel bad for Ancelotti.

I have no idea but I would bet on:

Navas
Carvajal-Ramos-Varane-Marcelo
Modric-Alonso-James
Bale-Benz-Ronaldo

You can rest Alonso a lot more with Khedira or moving Modric to DM and have Kroos come into the regular Modric role. This is probably the lat year Alonso will be good enough to be a starter anyway.

Illaramendi should be sold, he's not good. Isco could become a striker if we don't sign anyone to replace Morata, and di Maria will just have to sulk on the bench all year if nobody buys him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom