• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Shinji losing one of his boys. Good thing Mata's here.

bQ7jGZt.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1.2 million over two years :)lol :lol) and an extra 0.3 if (yes IF) we qualify to next season's CL

Patrice :( one of my favourite players ever. Will miss him. Five Premier Leagues and a Champions League. Absolute legend.

Enjoy him, Juve bros.

Thanks, I gusss.

I hope we never see him on the pitch ever, except against Inter, Milan, Napoli, Viola and Roma.

Im still fascinated to hear what the fuck that was ever about, I know the rumour was Fabregas but still.

Yeah same either that or he was wasting time trying to get CR7 back.

Should of done the Fellaini deal sooner and saved us some money or not done the deal at all and saved even more money.

Danchi

So a month from now the season will start and barcelona still has no defenders, sport reported someone was scouting Rodrigo Caio over the weekend, I like that kid, but not started level yet.

You gotta love Barcelona's Sporting Directors, they pay exorbitant amounts for forwards, but defenders? fuck it we will trust Song again.

Rodrigo Caio would be pretty unambitious from Barca. I've seen him play full matches maybe six or seven times and he's been directly responsible for goals conceded more times than not when he's played at centre-half (he's played defensive mid most of the times I've watched him). Stuff like misjudging the flight of the ball or going to ground too quickly.

He's comfortable with the ball at his feet and he does actually stand out from the other twenty-one players on the pitch, but I feel like that's just because the standard of the Brasileirao is so incredibly average these days.

CL is coming back to Anfield
Night-time matches

Boss. Would be delighted just to get out of the group, being honest. Atmosphere for the first home game should be electric.

4 years is nothing, yet it felt like a lifetime

Hixx

u bloody what

He's been on loan at Carlisle and Burton. Why the sudden jump

We'll take good care of him

He's one of the most highly rated young keepers in England and we're taking his development far too slowly. Should be in the Championship and looking to get into the Eng U21s.

Barzul

I honestly think Ospina could relegate Szczesny to the bench. Obviously the quality of forwards and thus shots is probably better in the PL and those routs would've gone against Szcz. But Ospina was playing in relegation threatened team.

L1NETT

He's one of the most highly rated young keepers in England and we're taking his development far too slowly. Should be in the Championship and looking to get into the Eng U21s.

He's no Daniel Bentley m8

@jpickford1
Buzzing to have signed for @officialbantams for the season !!

Look at him. Kid is delighted. He'll get minutes Hixx, don't you worry. And have plenty of shit to save.

omgkitty

I honestly think Ospina could relegate Szczesny to the bench. Obviously the quality of forwards and thus shots is probably better in the PL and those routs would've gone against Szcz. But Ospina was playing in relegation threatened team.

What kills me is those damn short sleeves. Why the hell do GK's wear short sleeves???

King_Moc

Banned
So Gerrard retired from international duty with almost double the amount of caps that Scholes had... Fuckin shame.

Neither ever really got to play in position, so it's unfair to judge either on their England careers imo. That's one of the main problems with the England set up.

Nicktendo86

Yeah Woodward seems to be a type of bloke that wants to have his mug where the action is, I dunno. I am not expecting anything to come of this.

wedward

Ornstein has spoken.

I refuse to believe we can't offer Schneiderlin something more attractive than Spurs. Unless he believes Spurs will be top 4 next season in which case I don't want someone that dumb on Arsenal.

Ospina, Schneiderlin and a cb and we are done.

Keep Vermalen though.

Ramsey will be captain after Mertersacker.

It's that time of the year again, Kicker rankings:
(WK = world class, IK = international class, K = near international class)

Keepers:
1. Neuer WK
2. Fährmann IK
3. Leno IK
4. Weidenfeller IK
5. ter Stegen IK
6. Trapp K
7. Zieler K
8. Ulreich K
9. Schäfer K
10. Kraft K

CBs:
1. Hummels WK
2. Boateng IK
3. Toprak K
4. Sokratis K
5. Martinez K
6. Naldo K
7. Noveski K

Guess, they are okay. Would have put Sokratis in the international class, though. Played solid in all competitions for us and was decent to great at the WC as well, should have been enough if you ask me.

Edit: Actually, I also wouldn't consider Martinez for the CB list. Didn't play enough there to be honest.

Salvadora

Eh, big CEO types are always flying all over the place aren't they? Two little flights to and from LA probably doesn't mean anything to him.
Well, as far as we know, all United have done so far is had a walk Santa Monica beach and a couple of training sessions.

Just is odd to not even attend the first game while he was there.

Even Gazidis had Banoffee Pie in Indonesia on our Asian tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom