• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

twekbi.gif

wedward

30m is fine for Lukaku.

Annoying that Chelsea have made like 110m off of 3 players they don't need.

Khedira, Pogba or Willy C as along as we aren't depending on Arteta(legs gone) or Flamini (limited) i'm fine.

Pogba is probably the first choice but I don't think we have a chance.

Probably prefer Khedira to Willy C.

Salvadora

Makes sense that we would cool our interest in Khedira publicly (and perhaps privately) to get him to lower his wage demands.

Can't imagine the fee with Madrid would be a problem.

Just want to get the transfers over with so we can get down to business.

Chelsea upgraded from Mata to Fabregas and made 10m while they done it. Fuck Chelsea.

Well can't put it up like that completely, cause Mata was also on really tiny wages at Chelsea, so him and Fabregas probably ends up about the same on the FFP scale, which really is what matters to Chelsea.

PowderedToast

everton have held onto their best players, genuinely surprised.

if they add new signings they'll become another top 4 contender. such a competitive league.

edit: i see people are saying the same thing, lol

Lukaku had similar stats with Giroud except his first touch is even more shit. I don't see him improving to the Drogba level that most think he'll get to. I'll be happy to be wrong though.

jtb

Banned
teams have more money than ever before, why not spend it? you can only field 11 players anyways.

Lukaku had similar stats with Giroud except his first touch is even more shit. I don't see him improving to the Drogba level that most think he'll get to. I'll be happy to be wrong though.

the difference between Lukaku and Giroud is that Lukaku is good and Giroud is not.

Huh? Didn't realize they had gotten Barry permanently too. They certainly have a good team.

He was out of contract too.

they're looking really good but they're going to be hurt by having to play in the Europa League this season.

I forgot about that. Too bad for them.

I think we have a young lad from Barcelona on loan again too, after Deulofeu went back. Not sure of his name.

Adama Traore was rumoured I think.

Clegg

Lukaku is 21 years old, a proven goalscorer in the Premier league and will only get better. £28m seems llike the standard fee for such a player now.

teams have more money than ever before, why not spend it? you can only field 11 players anyways.

the difference between Lukaku and Giroud is that Lukaku is good and Giroud is not.
Giroud is a good footballer. Played half the season alone up front for us while clearly exhausted and still scored more than 20 goals :s

dc89

jtb

Banned
@indykaila
We can confirm, the picture below is fake. #Reus has not signed for @LFC. We just wanted to clear that up. #LFC

By 21 Drogba was still struggling to get playtime in second division for Le Mans. Lukaku is well on his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom