• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Just called a guy at work who's name is Mark Webb, "Howard Webb" and then couldn't for the life of me remember who Howard Webb was.

omgkitty

As a super snooty film fan, I love Nolan and his films
DKR was meh
. You are all crazy and are just shitting on him because people like him.

Salvadora

Nolan hasn't made a good film in eight years. He's got talent but he needs to fire half of his current collaborators. getting rid of cunt Wally Pfister was a good start though.
You wouldn't call the Dark Knight or Inception good?

They have flaws, sure, but they are not bad films.

jtb

Banned
DKR was meh

Memento, Prestige are great. Batman Begins is 2nd best superhero movie and is a goddamn triumph of the genre.

Inception is garbage. TDKR garbage. TDK, wildly inconsistent, super messy, Goyer's fingerprints all over it.

You wouldn't call the Dark Knight or Inception good?

They have flaws, sure, but they are not bad films.

TDK is passable; great highs, very low lows. Inception not.

wedward

DKR was meh

I like most of Nolan's films.

Memento, Prestige and Batman Begins are great.

I enjoyed Dark Knight and Inception.

I just think it's interesting how much hype his new films get.

FN1LztA.jpg

mouthbreather spotted

omgkitty

I like most of Nolan's films.

Memento, Prestige and Batman Begins are great.

I enjoyed Dark Knight and Inception.

I just think it's interesting how much hype his new films get.

Interstellar looks crazy good. You also have to admit he knows how to cut a trailer.

wedward

Crappymore saying Khedira is still on (Arsenal wise)

God I hate him

But he is usually spot on

Wenger is probably dragging his feet.

Can't decide between Big Sami or Big Willy. Wishes he could get Big Paul.

Interstellar looks crazy good. You also have to admit he knows how to cut a trailer.

It does look good. I am excited for it. I think the corniness will work. Everything Matt says has a bit of corniness to it.

Everton ‏@Everton 25s
CONFIRMED: @RomeluLukaku9 becomes our Club-record signing, arriving from Chelsea on a 5-year deal for a fee of £28million. #WelcomeHomeRom

Chelsea are master negotiators. How the heck is Lukaku worth 28 million?

jtb

Banned
Everton ‏@Everton 25s
CONFIRMED: @RomeluLukaku9 becomes our Club-record signing, arriving from Chelsea on a 5-year deal for a fee of £28million. #WelcomeHomeRom

what?

Lukaku is good.

Everton ‏@Everton 25s

He scored quite a lot of goals in the last two seasons, and is really young. How is he not 28mil? Considering the transfers going on right now I would say that is about minimum of what Chelsea should get for him.

The Batman trilogy is as overrated as TLoU.

And Vidal.

Just watched Clockwork Orange for the first time, what a great performance by Malcolm McDowell

One of my favorite movies.

Everton ‏@Everton 25s

Well because he's 21, he's getting better and in the last two seasons he's scored 32 in 66 games and had 10 assists in the Premier League.

Clegg

Who the fuck is United signing? Seamus Coleman?
Well it won't be Vidal or any other slam dunk signing. But LvG very recently stated that he needs more defenders so that's what we'll be looking for. Need at least one cb so gonna say Vermaelen. We also need lb cover since Evra and Buttner are gone. May need an extra cm too. What a coincidence that we know a player that can cover both positions and whom our manager knows well. Come on down Daley Blind.

He's not 28 million pound sterling good. Add 5 million more and that's Aguero transfer fee.

In those 3 years from the Aguero deal, the transfer market has gotten even more inflated than ever. He's already a fantastic player for Everton, and he's still young enough to become much better. Clearly he's 28mil good if Everton are willing to pay that and Chelsea aren't willing to sell for less.

Well because he's 21, he's getting better and in the last two seasons he's scored 32 in 66 games and had 10 assists in the Premier League.

It's worth mentioning that even when he doesn't score or assist, he's capable of absolutely dominating a centreback partnership by himself, and generally causes mayhem with his pace, size and strength

His main weaknesses imo are his passing (execution and timing) and a tendency to play without the required intensity. If he can consistently play with even the intensity of Sturridge or someone, not necessarily Suarez or Kuyt, he'd be much better than he is and easily worth £30m

Either way he's worth £30m to them. They know he works in their system, he's young, has a good goalscoring record and they're not going to attract anyone better for the price.

I think they'll end up selling him for more than £30m, depending on his contract at that time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom