• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever feel an overwhelming urge to punch people who use the term 'legalese'?

Even lawyers use it these days.

ibcMK5q31DePxq.gif

omgkitty

I already muppeted over Khedira, realized he's basically a false DM who's actually a CAM and who isn't very good at it. Would rather have Pogba / Bender / Willy. I'll still reserve judgement until he plays though as he's still a good player, just not the one I want right now.

Khedira's a smart player. He'll figure things out.

EDIT: Dude featured 91 times for Real Madrid in 4 seasons and would've gotten more had he not blown out his knee. And apparently Arsenal fans are turning their nose at him.

C'mon son.

jtb

Banned
I don't know why Wenger hates players who can competently protect a back four and win the ball in midfield, but, off that evidence, Khedira is a perfect Wenger signing.

EmiPrime

Say what you like about Khedira but at least he's a proper champion, not some kid who throws a wobbly on Twitter to get a move to Spurs. Having one more player who has experience actually winning things can't hurt.

Say what you like about Khedira but at least he's a proper champion, not some kid who throws a wobbly on Twitter to get a move to Spurs. Having one more player who has experience actually winning things can't hurt.

The way this summer's gone, sounds like he and his agent have been up to some funny business to try and get him a move on mammoth wages/a payrise & contract extension tbf

Hixx

Few Liverpool sites reckon Borini to Sunderland is finally on, medical when he recovers from his shoulder injury (yeah, right).

Wouldn't really pay much heed but last night his lass on twitter said he hadn't rejected us after a couple of weeks of silence on the matter, so...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I wish i had Arsenal gafs optimism, well maybe 20% of it, United gaf seems to be huddled together in the corner asking a tarot card reader if the bunny means Vidal is signing.

Few Liverpool sites reckon Borini to Sunderland is finally on, medical when he recovers from his shoulder injury (yeah, right).

Wouldn't really pay much heed but last night his lass on twitter said he hadn't rejected us after a couple of weeks of silence on the matter, so...

Wonder what the domino effect of that will be, assumed he'd be staying since Remy is off

Sturridge & Lambert sure as fuck ain't enough

wedward

I don't know why Wenger hates players who can competently protect a back four and win the ball in midfield, but, off that evidence, Khedira is a perfect Wenger signing.

Little premature for this.

He wasn't asked to do it at Madrid or for the German team

EmiPrime

The way this summer's gone, sounds like he and his agent have been up to some funny business to try and get him a move on mammoth wages/a payrise & contract extension tbf

Seems that way. If talks haven't completely broken down by now I think it will go through in the next few weeks.

Please let Khedira be true and lower hid fucking wages. Ramsey, Khedira and Özil midfield future and we will kick ass!

It's not your money. Pay up, Kroenke.

Little premature for this.

He wasn't asked to do it at Madrid or for the German team

Somebody had to do it and it sure as hell wasn't Xabi Alonso.

I'm just confused why Arsenal fans are more excited about neo-Jeremy Toulalan than they are about a La Liga and World Cup winner.

Barzul

Seems that way. If talks haven't completely broken down by now I think it will go through in the next few weeks.

Wenger was/is probably playing the long game with him. Leak that deal is dead and we're loooking at other targets. Khedira comes to his senses. Hopefully.

Arnie

Liverpool are about to get treatment for their cash problem.

Or Remy realised he wasn't going to get £100k a week anywhere.
A Mackem started at my place today.

He said "paggered" and he's called Anthony pronounced with a TH.

I reckon he's more Mackem that you.

Not broached Borini yet.

Slizz

Seriously though, are we signing someone other than Verm? That whole situation is fucking weird to begin with.

Have we been legit linked to any Dutch players other than the random stupid WC rumors?

EDIT: And that outrageous Strootlord rumor.

Barzul

Paying Big Sam 200k would fuck up our wage structure. I am sure he will get something similar to Ozil and Sanchez.

It's ridiculous that anyone but the absolute cream of the crop should get that much money.

Seriously though, are we signing someone other than Verm? That whole situation is fucking weird to begin with.

Have we been legit linked to any Dutch players other than the random stupid WC rumors?

Vermaelen is definitely gone this summer, whether to you guys, Barca or Napoli, who knows.

Hixx

A Mackem started at my place today.

He said "paggered" and he's called Anthony pronounced with a TH.

I reckon he's more Mackem that you.

Not broached Borini yet.

Probably as I'm not from Sunderland.

Anthony with a silent 't' is for weirdos and southerners.

"Paggered" means knackered.

EmiPrime

Wenger was/is probably playing the long game with him. Leak that deal is dead and we're loooking at other targets. Khedira comes to his senses. Hopefully.

Yeah. No way he gets paid north of £150K no matter how much agent funny business drags this out.

wedward

Not sure he's worth that much, but it's probably fair given what he has achieved in his career so far.

I agree. Might as well try and get as much as you can. I think he will settle of 130ish. Seems like his options are Arsenal(play with your best mate), stay at Madrid(bench) or Monaco.

Arnie

Probably as I'm not from Sunderland.

Anthony with a silent 't' is for weirdos and southerners.

"Paggered" means knackered.
Wait, he said that you pronounce it like thony not Tony.

Do you mean with a silent h?

He said I was a southerner pronouncing it Antony. I was miffed. Not a good start.

Hixx

Wait, he said that you pronounce it like thony not Tony.

Do you mean with a silent h?

He said I was a southerner pronouncing it Antony. I was miffed. Not a good start.

Yeah that's what I meant, brain fart.

"Anhony" is a great name though.

Clegg

Blind would make sense coz he covers a few positions we're weak in. No real links to him though. We've been sold a pup by the Glazer's though. "No transfer budget" "Watch this space". Fuck off.

Slizz

Blind would make sense coz he covers a few positions we're weak in. No real links to him though. We've been sold a pup by the Glazer's though. "No transfer budget" "Watch this space". Fuck off.

Pretty much why I'm getting worried and frustrated at this point.

Obviously we have money to spend.... We already spent some.

But we didn't get close to filling all the holes we needed and those spots are the ones that takes the pressure off our god DDG. We need to make him comfortable. More signings are definitely needed now.

If we were seriously in for Vidal its obvious we wasted our time and thats not even because Vidal declared his allegiance.

I'm nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom