• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Tony Leen @tonyleen · 6m
O Jogo blow Arsenal cover on moves for midfielder Carvalho. Things gonna have to move fast.

This guy called the Sanchez move really early . Suggest we actually are trying for a deal for Willy C. I hope we can do one. I'd rather have him than Khedira honestly.

Slizz

10516657_806547392697706_3950431583535592394_n.jpg

We need a centreback who won't take the majority of the Suarez money, and will definitely be at least decent.

I'm happier buying Lovren than Lallana

Wilbur

Banned
Woodward came across pretty well tbh. No great revelations obv but didn't come across too scripted or as much of a mug as I expected.

Now buy someone pls.

I'll have to keep an eye out for a video.

To be honest, he's done a fucking top job with our sponsorships and commercial side, he can't be the moron we all think he is.

Just wish Gill had stayed an extra year at least.

L1NETT

Think I'll just try it then. Was lookig for some recent comedy film that might be fun to watch on holiday. Packing a few action/comedy movies for light entertainment.

Sightseers
Kings of Summer
Robot and Frank (not a comedy, but such a pleasant little film)
The Angels Share
Moonrise Kingdom

Oop didn't see action

Whatevs

My summer-ry/comedy go to films.

Salvadora

Tony Barrett
‏@TonyBarretTimes
As reported in Sportske Novosti, Dejan Lovren's £20m move from Southampton to Liverpool is expected to be completed in the coming days.
Congrats, Liverpool GAF.

This guy called the Sanchez move really early . Suggest we actually are trying for a deal for Willy C. I hope we can do one. I'd rather have him than Khedira honestly.
Telegraph saying we'll need to pay the full amount of £24 million up front if we want him.

Zabojnik

is aladdin on the SNES

that was great on the mega drive

Played it to death on the PC, but thanks.

NBA Jam Tournament Edition

Super 2020 Baseball as well for SNES, maybe the best baseball game ever. Robots.... Humans..... No foul territory.... Glass cases over the fans..... Hitting the ball over the fence doesn't always yield a homerun.

Ehhh, I'm not really in a mood for sports games ... Alright, maybe I'll give NBA Jam a go.

Wilbur

Banned
I think 20's quite a lot for Lovren, and he wasn't as good as a lot made him out to be last year after a really strong start, but eh. He'll help anyway I guess, I just don't think he's much better than what they already have.

Linius

Sightseers
Kings of Summer
Robot and Frank (not a comedy, but such a pleasant little film)
The Angels Share
Moonrise Kingdom

Oop didn't see action

Whatevs

Moonrise Kingdom, Robot and Frank and The Kings of Summers are all great. Sightseers was still on my watchlist. Never heard of The Angels Share.

operon

I'm not sure how I feel about this, we do need a CB, but the way he acted doesnt feel me with hope. Also I get the feeling he is on the cusp of either being truely world class in a couple years or just rank average.
Brendan will touch his face and the sun will shine its light on him and yay he will be good.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Co-op seasons with Quiche, this can only go well

Wilbur

Banned
I've never eaten bogies.

I have always been tempted by my own cum though. I just want to know what it's like, but it's scary doing it.

L1NETT

Moonrise Kingdom, Robot and Frank and The Kings of Summers are all great. Sightseers was still on my watchlist. Never heard of The Angels Share.

Certified good taste club. God I love Robot and Frank, no idea why haha

Sightseers is Ben Wheatley, who is quickly becoming a fantastic director. Kill List, Sightseers, A Field in England. If High Rise is good next year, he is deffo one to watch

The Angels Share is Ken Loach. And it's so so good.

Salvadora

Low loses any street cred by picking his nose and eating the contents.
Or he has enough confidence to do it in public, in front of the world, and then get down with some fit German birds.

Definitely Swaghili.
And only Sakho is potentially top class. The whole Liverpool back four definitely needs some work.
Aye, and Sakho remains to be seen at that.

Feorax

The Croatian papers Barrett is citing actually say Euros, not pounds, so it's closer to £16m.

I think realistically, he's a good buy for the fact he is less prone to brain farts than Skrtel. It also helps he can play lcb and rcb, which seems to be massive problem with all of our current crop of CBs.

Of that list above, I expect Coates, Toure, and maybe Agger to go.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've never eaten bogies.

I have always been tempted by my own cum though. I just want to know what it's like, but it's scary doing it.
You can always taste someone else's cum you furry

You know, Nathan being a furry makes a lot of sense actually considering he's hairless xoxo

Arsenal will have to pay at least £24m for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho

By Matt Law

Midfielder has a buyout clause in his Sporting contract that is set at £35m, but it is believed Portuguese club could be negotiated down

Arsenal will have to pay at least £24 million up front to land Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho.

Reports in Portugal have claimed Arsenal made a £24m offer for Carvalho, but it was rejected because the London club wanted to stretch the fee over two payments.

Arsenal have scouted Carvalho for some time and are in the market for a defensive midfielder in the 22-year-old’s mould.

Carvalho has a buyout clause in his Sporting contract that is set at £35m, but it is believed the Portuguese club could be negotiated down.

Sporting, though, only own 60 per cent of Carvalho, which means they are determined to land a full fee up front.

Arsenal have also looked at Sami Khedira and Lars Bender in their search for a new midfield enforcer.

Despite signing Mathieu Debucy, Arsenal are also considering potential deputies in the position.

A move for Atletico Madrid youngster Javier Manquillo stalled, while Catania right-back Gino Peruzzi is another option.[/quote]

Wilbur

Banned
You can always taste someone else's cum you furry

You know, Nathan being a furry makes a lot of sense actually considering he's hairless xoxo

I think I'd rather eat my own than someone elses i know what my diet is at least

LTWheels

I'm not sure how I feel about this, we do need a CB, but the way he acted doesnt feel me with hope. Also I get the feeling he is on the cusp of either being truely world class in a couple years or just rank average.

I was perfectly fine with how he acted. Shows that he was he is hungry to play for us.

Arnie

Lovren is good and he'll make a solid addition but I agree that he isn't any better than what we already have.

Willy C is a lumbering oaf.

DominoKid

Woodward came across pretty well tbh. No great revelations obv but didn't come across too scripted or as much of a mug as I expected.

Now buy someone pls.

He can talk a big game all day. We just want him to deliver. Shaw and Herrera are solid moves but we need something to flex our strength in the market.

Clegg

With enough time William Carvalho could be a good player. Right now though he won't add much to Arsenal's starting 11 imo. He's Yaya's size but doesn't have his agility. Was well hyped for him a while back, but have cooled off recently.

Clegg

He can talk a big game all day. We just want him to deliver. Shaw and Herrera are solid moves but we need something to flex our strength in the market.
We don't necessarily need big money signings. Just ones who'd fit into the squad and improve us. Yeah they'd probably go for lots of money anyway, but the are bargains to be had.

IceCold

With enough time William Carvalho could be a good player. Right now though he won't add much to Arsenal's starting 11 imo. He's Yaya's size but doesn't have his agility. Was well hyped for him a while back, but have cooled off recently.

I'm happy he's not going. He's too good for a club that averages a cup ever decade.

sohois

I can't imagine other teams really being in for Carvalho, at least none capable of challenging for him with Arsenal. Barca, Bayern and RM won't make a move and neither will Chelsea or City. Liverpool were briefly interested but unlikely after Can.

Should be perfectly doable.

Linius

Dost said Feyenoord would be a step back and he wants to succeed in a bigger league. Doesn't look so likely anymore that he comes to Rotterdam.

Feyenoord fans are surely done with him now he said that :lol

Slizz

Mars Attacks is on, the amount of fucking celebrities... this has to have more than that abomination Movie 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom