• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

He was the difference between you getting in the CL or not IMO.

A one man team? Not at all.

But I think that Sturridge and others (Sterling etc) banded well around Suarez who showed he is world class, I think next season you will struggle to replicate that with the same results (and by that I mean getting CL qualification) unless you make a "marquee" signing of a player with serious talent which I don't think you have - not that the players you signed aren't talented, but they aren't Luis Suarez's level which was always going to be difficult to replace.

That being said, if the signings you made now can complement each other well and you make defensive reinforcements perhaps you won't need to be like you were last season so much because you'll be able to defend better. You might need to tie up Glen Johnson in a shed somewhere for that to happen though.

How you respond to the CL schedule/travelling along with cup and league matches will be interesting too.
Ah, I agree with some of that.

I think Johnson won't be first choice next season. I think the team was built around Suarez since Brendan came, it will be interesting to see how Sturridge copes being the focal point of the team.

zp_Training017_1425.jpg

#bunchofmates

@Willkiller, it's on SS1 I think!

sohois

Kelly getting exposed now he's playing against some quality, Coates still looking good. Much as you would like Kelly to recover and make it at Liverpool, I think his chance has gone. Seems to have lost some pace.

sohois

This is a much more interesting friendly than the other preseason games, since I guess the players actually care a little about the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom