• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

What happened to that ginger nut Campbell?

I honestly have no idea. After St Mirren he went tits up it seems. :lol

Still time I think but he really needs to go out on loan or he'll go down the toilet this season. He still bangs them in in the reserves but any grandma can do that. Needs to get some proper competitive time.

PowderedToast

XI been posted yet?

10583937_10152721997112573_8738345728991908209_n.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Outta work. Lukaku move is a great one for Everton. Good price, even if it does dwarf their previous business

I think Interstellar looks fantastic. Script is on the nose, it always is with Nolan. But the visuals are stunning and I'm a sucker for space shit and McConaughey. Looks class.

dc89

Outta work. Lukaku move is a great one for Everton. Good price, even if it does dwarf their previous business

I think Interstellar looks fantastic. Script is on the nose, it always is with Nolan. But the visuals are stunning and I'm a sucker for space shit and McConaughey. Looks class.

Wait. Has there been a new trailer?!

GQman2121

Banned
Pleased we've been able to unload Bertrand for another year. And the Lukaku money will almost certainly lead to another player either this summer or in January. The side is really starting to come together. Only Moses, Marin, Kakuta, and hopefully, Ramires to go.

Amazing to see. She can't be American though!

Fuck that. You come to America, you're American. That's how it works. Now pay our taxes so we can go blow up brown people.

Walshy

I'm looking forward to seeing the Coates / Toure partnership at the back.

Whilst Coates has been really impressive pre-season, I think this is going to be a complete disaster.

Fuck that. You come to America, you're American. That's how it works. Now pay our taxes so we can go blow up brown people.

I already pay my Danish taxes so we can support you in blowing up brown people.
Well actually the government gives me money for studying, that I then pay taxes off... Which is weird, they could just take that away from the beginning but whatever

Yen

Well actually the government gives me money for studying, that I then pay taxes off... Which is weird, they could just take that away from the beginning but whatever

That seems a lot better than the UK system, tuition fees are a load of shite - though in NI our fees are around a third of England's.

Walshy

What happened between Reina and Rodgers?
Reina left last season and penned an open letter to the fans. In the letter, he essentially gave a few jabs to Rodgers when saying 'he is going to link up with the best manager he has ever played under at Napoli'.

I remember Rodgers saying something rather dismissive over it in his press conference that week. I'll dig up the quote.

edit: Found it

Brendan Rodgers considers Pepe Reina's Liverpool career to be over, with the goalkeeper having already bid his farewells.

Following the big-money acquisition of Simon Mignolet last summer, Reina was deemed surplus to requirements at Anfield.

He was allowed to link up with Serie A outfit Napoli on a season-long loan and is expected to head for pastures new on a permanent deal when the transfer window re-opens.

Reina has remained coy on what his future will hold, claiming he will return to England before taking a decision, but Rodgers sees no way back for the Spain international on Merseyside.
He said in the Liverpool Echo: "He's already written his letter, hasn't he? He wrote a goodbye letter, didn't he?

"I was surprised at the letter - when you are a loan player I would expect that he should come back, but obviously Pepe made it very clear when he went to Napoli that he was looking to move.

"He penned a great big letter saying he was going to work with the best manager that he'd worked with (Rafa Benitez) and thanked him for his time for Liverpool. So, for me, it probably sounded like he'd made his decision there."

GQman2121

Banned

It's the same deal here. It's all a racket! Numbers and.....stuff.

Yen

What happened between Reina and Rodgers?

Seems like a lot of bad blood there.
He plainly wasn't good enough in 12/13. Since then, he's said he was done with Liverpool and that he'd much rather workwith Rafa than Rodgers, which Rodgers obviously hasn't taken well. I'd say Reina is done at Liverpool, but I would question his desire at the same time. He doesn't want to fight for his place, guess he's just at that stage of his career with no upper trajectory to aim for.

Baki

Reina left last season and penned an open letter to the fans. In the letter, he essentially gave a few jabs to Rodgers when saying 'he is going to link up with the best manager he has ever played under at Napoli'.

I remember Rodgers saying something rather dismissive over it in his press conference that week. I'll dig up the quote.

Tbf, Benitez has a CL trophy with Liverpool under his belt.

Salvadora

He plainly wasn't good enough in 12/13. Since then, he's said he was done with Liverpool and that he'd much rather workwith Rafa than Rodgers, which Rodgers obviously hasn't taken well. I'd say Reina is done at Liverpool, but I would question his desire at the same time. He doesn't want to fight for his place, guess he's just at that stage of his career with no upper trajectory to aim for.
Ah, I see.

Was just surprised at the level of animosity there seems to be. Those Rodgers quotes seal the deal, really.

LAM09

The American I know aren't fond about footie, and would knew show that much passion. That is what my comment was referring to.

Walshy

Do people really think we was a one-man team last season?

Sturridge was exceptional last season, he scored 11 in 10 whenever Suarez didn't play in 2013.

Do people really think we was a one-man team last season?

Sturridge was exceptional last season, he scored 11 in 10 whenever Suarez didn't play in 2013.

A one man team? Not at all.

But I think that Sturridge and others (Sterling etc) banded well around Suarez who showed he is world class, I think next season you will struggle to replicate that with the same results (and by that I mean getting CL qualification) unless you make a "marquee" signing of a player with serious talent which I don't think you have - not that the players you signed aren't talented, but they aren't Luis Suarez's level which was always going to be difficult to replace.

That being said, if the signings you made now can complement each other well and you make defensive reinforcements perhaps you won't need to be like you were last season so much because you'll be able to defend better. You might need to tie up Glen Johnson in a shed somewhere for that to happen though.

How you respond to the CL schedule/travelling along with cup and league matches will be interesting too.

Wilbur

Banned
Thread's been good today, just caught up. Congrats lads

home in twenty I'll watch the second half of That's Brendertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom