• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

Perhaps but Henry certainly isn't shy of winding them up. I'm sure they said okay we're here to discuss it and the answer is no.

It was a cock up by Suarez's agent or whoever had him sign that contract and played beautifully by Liverpool.

Yeah, even as an Arsenal fan I can't begrudge Liverpool for holding a player to his contract. Wish we did that with RvP.

Meier

things i take away from that game

1. Scott Sinclair is alive!!!
2. Micah Richards is alive!!!
Finally back out of the subway. Crazy getting back from Yankee Stadium. Sinclair had actually played pretty well in the past two friendlies but was poor today. I wonder if he just isn't effective unless he starts? Might be a confidence thing. His weak giveaway is what lead to the second goal.

Richards is horrible. Think it's kind of annoying that Sagna is still fucking off in Miami.

Hahaha ah me gahd are you serious? Utd and City have the same third kit this year in different colorways?

Oh my god

Bt0bodFCAAAFJ_l.jpg

Fucking Nike. We should have stuck with last year's away kit as the 3rd kit like we have been doing the last couple of years.

Bro, the US takes enough grief already about our attitude towards "soccer." No need to dig up this shameful mess.

Also, congrats to England finally adopting the vanishing spray you guys freaking invented in 1980. We've been using it all over the Americas since the early 2000s.

Just like the game of football itself, you guys created something amazing then abandoned it completely. ;)

GorillaJu

Bro, the US takes enough grief alreafy about our attitude towards "soccer." No need to dig up this shameful mess.

Also, congrats to England finally adopting the vanishing spray you guys freaking invented in 1980. We've been using it all over the Americas since the early 2000s.

Just like the game of football itself, you guys created something amazing then abandoned it completely. ;)

bahahahaha

Are we beginning to see the weakening of Celtic due to Rangers becoming a nonentity?

A league can't thrive with literally one half-decent team, nobody good wants to play in such a league. There's no achievement winning the SPL without Ranger in it.

@above, I imagine the extra game for the finalists is what the managers want, rather than the cup itself

i'm curious about this, too

also, do the participating clubs even really care about the outcome?

From Wikipedia:

"The tournament will consist of two groups of four: a "Group A" and a "Group B". The groups will be played as a round-robin, with each team playing three matches before the winners of each group play in the final at the Sun Life Stadium on August 4.

A team's placing will be based on (a) points earned in the three group matches (3 points for a win in regulation time, 2 for a win by penalty shootout, 1 for a loss by penalty shootout, 0 for a loss in regulation time), (b) head-to-head result, (c) goal differential, (d) goals scored."

LOL. That's my country. :(

Are we beginning to see the weakening of Celtic due to Rangers becoming a nonentity?

A league can't thrive with literally one half-decent team, nobody good wants to play in such a league. There's no achievement winning the SPL without Ranger in it.
Yeah, basically. The league was already starting to weaken even before Rangers got liquidated because the Scottish Premiership can't compete with other leagues in terms of TV money, the transfer market, and so on.

Ah, got rid of Lukaku huh... that sucks.

Chelsea is gonna need prospects since they're getting rid of pretty much all the young guys. Maybe Courtois is gonna be sold soon.

@HLNinEngeland 5m
Lost in translation. Italians write that Napoli use Dries Mertens to convince Marouane Fellaini. Some translate that into a swap deal.

Arnie

So we beat City?

Away.

Hendo and Sterling scored.

Look up, what do you see? Amongst the clouds. Blotting out the sun.

The battleship. It's still there. It seems to be rising.

subtles

You should have seen the Raheem in action, Arnold. That disallowed goal. The terror, touches and havoc.

This 19 year old will soon be GOAT.

Sturridge's penalty also deserves an honorable mention.

Arnie

You should have seen the Raheem in action, Arnold. That disallowed goal. The terror, touches and havoc.

This 19 year old will soon be GOAT.

Sturridge's penalty also deserves an honorable mention.
Saw a Vine of the disallowed goal.

Holy fuck.

Emre Can as well. What a lad. Already a fantastic lad.

Big and strong and willing.

Probity

:lol

Pls

Understand football.

Gerrard's passing is crucial.

Pls

Understand football.

Deutschland über Alles.

I actually like Gerrard a lot but like if you guys could find the time to develop Can, I would be much obliged. He is better for Liverpool than he would have been for us at Bayern.

LTWheels

Brendan said that he plans for Henderson to get more forward this season. Given him a 10 goal target.

Said he scores like that all the time in training.

I think he is going to develop a great partnership with Can in midfield.

TeddyBoy

You Liverpool fans seen that we might be back in for Konoplyanka?

It would be weird that RAWK has an inside scoop on something. If we bought him it would mean Ibe will go out on loan, which will probably for the best since we can't guarantee him game time this year.

Brendan said that he plans for Henderson to get more forward this season. Given him a 10 goal target.

Said he scores like that all the time in training.

I think he is going to develop a great partnership with Can in midfield.

This seasons Ramsey. Will add him to the fantasy football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom