• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I was actually gonna write that first, but refrained. Didn't want to rile up Milch.

I think Götze and Lewandowski surprisingly didn't work together that well on paper, in terms of assists for each other. I might mistaken it for the Reus-Götze thing, though, not really sure.

worst thing about it is that it doesnt even look as bad as it should be :(

It is fucking terrible when you think of all the attacking options you'd lose without Piszczek/Schmelzer/Durm.

bud23

Suarez 80, James 80,

Torres 16.

Atletico the champion

Believe.

icIOoInZD1SkQ.png

Gambit

Bild saying Pep is planning with Boateng - Javi - Alaba 3-man backline

LOL ALABA

don't believe Bild's lies. Alaba in midfield is much more likely.

I think Götze and Lewandowski surprisingly didn't work together that well on paper, in terms of assists for each other. I might mistaken it for the Reus-Götze thing, though, not really sure.

Huh, interesting. I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. But hope it will work.

I was thinking they would get ripped to pieces and struggle to rebuild but they've been smart.

Agreed a fee for Costa before the WC and shipped a good but ageing LB.

Not sure that money will be put back into the club, and even if it is, not sure they can offer the wages to attract proper replacements. They still have horrendous debt afaik

Tubie

I'm pretty sure Valencia's board rejected him several months ago.

Bankia approved the sale, and they own all the debt. All the Valencia board can do is take matters into court. Nothing is settled yet but the courts should favor Bankia. The only thing that could kill the deal is Peter Lim himself if he thinks it's become too much of a hassle.

http://www.abc.es/local-comunidad-valenciana/20140702/abci-venta-valencia-201407021958.html

In fact, Rodrigo and Andre Gomes are owned by Peter Lim and both players should be coming to Valencia soon, he doesn't own the club yet and is already making moves.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/13/primera/1405242345_806385.html

We beat Roma B 2-0 as the first friendly of our Italian tour. We play Chievo in a couple of days time. The fixtures were only announced 40 hours before the players & staff left the country (it was already known that we were going to Italy for pre-season training). Clearly an incentive to stop fans from going to the matches.

3Sixty

4: Almost an early chance for @GPelle9 as he nips between #STFC right-back Nathan Byrne and ‘keeper Wes Foderingham. #saintsfc [0-0]

5: Pellè looking dangerous as he looks to tee up @lloyd_isgrove before having a go himself, but his scuffed effort is held. #saintsfc [0-0]

9: Lovely turn of pace from @Nathaniel_Clyne before he crosses from the right, only for Pellè to head wide under pressure. #saintsfc [0-0]

10: All #SaintsFC so far as Pellè combines nicely with James Ward-Prowse to play in McQueen, but goalkeeper Foderingham clears. [0-0]

11: Chance for Clyne as Pellè holds the ball up then plays it to the right-back, but his shot is parried by Foderingham. #saintsfc [0-0]

----

Pelle. Involved.

Blablurn

We beat Roma B 2-0 as the first friendly of our Italian tour. We play Chievo in a couple of days time. The fixtures were only announced 40 hours before the players & staff left the country (it was already known that we were going to Italy for pre-season training). Clearly an incentive to stop fans from going to the matches.

hi bae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom