• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fabregas looks terrible!

BtFz6LHIEAAywKA.jpg:large

Did Iniesta donate Cesc his scalp or something? WTF happened?

EmiPrime

Him and James are so good together. I've always liked Andrew as he's very grounded and doesn't tend to buy into all the bullshit that goes around. Thankfully, in the Arsenal blog community we have a lot of level headed people.

Shame that doesn't rub off onto some of the fans!

Unless we spend £50m on another striker we are dooooooomed /s

wedward

No wonder we didn't bring Cesc back.

Can't have someone looking like that at Arsenal. Christ, Chelsea have an ugly team.

I'm hopeful that Walcott and Sanchez's pace will prevent us from being pressed so high up the pitch by the bigger teams this season.

Going into this summer, DM was always the signing that I was most worried about pulling off. And I still am.

I am fairly confident he will bring someone in. I am worried about who that will be. If we don't get Schneiderlin i'll probably start getting real worried.

Croyles

Dude, can you go further back in time?

Last 2 years was total Bayern domination, for how much points of difference won the last 2 leagues? 20? 30 points?

And everything leads that will keep happening for the foresable future.

Unlike la liga which became a 3 team league last year.

How little back am I supposed to go? Until it suits your point?

So because Atletico won last year it is now a 3 team league. But other teams in the Bundesliga winning doesn't count.
Did you say the same about Dortmund when they won twice in a row? I don't get the point here.

If your talking about a league being a 1/2/3 team league etc, where you have a winner ONCE A YEAR, why is it stupid to go back further than 2 years?

omgkitty

Shame that doesn't rub off onto some of the fans!

Unless we spend £50m on another striker we are dooooooomed /s

Did find it kind of funny when they brought up the idea of us signing another CB and was asked who we could bring in, he said Hummels. At first I thought he was sort of joking, but I guess he wasn't. Hummels would most certainly cost 30m+ easy.

Remember when Walcott took most of our set pieces?

I'm not looking forward to that again :p

Yeah he's not great at them. I don't think he's ever scored from a free kick and yet he keeps taking them. We also have a severe lack of goals from corners.

Scum

Guys remember when David Moyes managed United and Tim Sherwood managed Tottenham?

I still can't believe that actually happened. Next you'll be telling me that Max Allegri is managing Juve.
Eugh. What's InterTim up to now after turning down West Brom? Off to manage Leeds I hope.

Suen

I make one Football OT once every 4 years. That's it. I'm all out of juice.
Wes someone had to do it. Someone had to take all Footy GAF's sins. Someone had to take the punishment. I'm a father figure for Footy GAF. I have taken all of Opium's and Father Noah's lessons into consideration when I acted.

bud

pelle is better than lambert. he's decently technical for a man of his size, and i think he's rather good when he's in the opposition's penalty box. he's useless when he has to operate near the halfway line, though. seems like he loses all ability to play football when he's playing too deep.

jtb

Banned
Remember when Walcott took most of our set pieces?

A small price to pay for signing that contract I guess, we've always been terrible at set pieces anyways

losing Theo for nothing would really have been a disaster, still can't believe Wenger almost let it get to that point.

Salvadora

Ramsey has to be one of the best looking men in football.

Imagine being that talented and handsome.
A small price to pay for signing that contract I guess, we've always been terrible at set pieces anyways

losing Theo for nothing would really have been a disaster, still can't believe Wenger almost let it get to that point.
He only signed a 3 year contract too, if you remember.

Owes us another year on top of that because of the injury.

Scum

pelle is better than lambert. he's decently technical for a man of his size, and i think he's rather good when he's in the opposition's penalty box. he's useless when he has to operate near the halfway line, though. seems like he loses all ability to play football when he's playing too deep.
Oh. An old school goal hanger, then?

EmiPrime

Did find it kind of funny when they brought up the idea of us signing another CB and was asked who we could bring in, he said Hummels. At first I thought he was sort of joking, but I guess he wasn't. Hummels would most certainly cost 30m+ easy.

I haven't listened to today's. Hummels is madness.

Hixx

Poyet is such a Uruguayface. He wants to sign a Uruguayan this summer just because they're Uruguayan. Worrying.

wedward

No chance he is first choice set-piece taker if Ozil is playing.

Seriously, Aaron Ramsey is a gorgeous gorgeous man.

Best looking on the squad, no doubt.

The fact that he is good at football and not a donkey helps also.

Christ, I can't wait for him to start banging them in again.

christ.

we're all going to die.

it's hard to accept this.

Can't believe that at the end of this season he will be 28.

Salvadora

No chance he is first choice set-piece taker if Ozil is playing.
He shouldn't have been first choice set-piece taker without Ozil, either.

But it happened.

Would guarantee that it had something to do with the contract. The is no way Wenger would keep letting that happen otherwise. Was horrendous.

jtb

Banned
He was just going off the World Cup for players he liked at CB. Wenger would never go for Hummels though. For whatever reason, Arsene doesn't buy top talent in defense.

Wenger is stubborn, cheap, and comically bad at all things defending. he hasn't developed any defenders in a while either. don't count on another CB signing, we'll be lucky if our midfield signing can defend half as well as Song

After a goalie Wenger will make 3 more signings ( 2 if Vermalaen doesn't leave) and Hayden or Pleggy will become 4th choice. Sanchez was a striker signing accept that. A new left winger will come in as Wenger prepares to phase out Podolski and a DM will be signed, Arteta is on the last year of his contract and Flamini has a year and a half left. Think about it Wenger loaned Kallstrom despite having bodies in the midfield. Perfect Arteta replacement would have been Gundogan but I guess Bender or Carvalho will do.

wedward

Wenger is stubborn, cheap, and comically bad at all things defending. he hasn't developed any defenders in a while either. don't count on another CB signing, we'll be lucky if our midfield signing can defend half as well as Song

Kos, Gibbs.

omgkitty

After a goalie Wenger will make 3 more signings ( 2 if Vermalaen doesn't leave) and Hayden or Pleggy will become 4th choice. Sanchez was a striker signing accept that. A new left winger will come in as Wenger prepares to phase out Podolski and a DM will be signed, Arteta is on the last year of his contract and Flamini has a year and a half left. Think about it Wenger loaned Kallstrom despite having bodies in the midfield. Perfect Arteta replacement would have been Gundogan but I guess Bender or Carvalho will do.

You ITK mate?

jtb

Banned

which one: buying defenders or developing them? because I'd say Mertesacker was a better buy. but Koscielny has improved, even if he's still far too prone to do something incredibly stupid for my liking/sanity

Gibbs is competent. I was actually thinking Cole, Kolo. both great defenders that were groomed under Wenger. but not much since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom