• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
4: Almost an early chance for @GPelle9 as he nips between #STFC right-back Nathan Byrne and ‘keeper Wes Foderingham. #saintsfc [0-0]

5: Pellè looking dangerous as he looks to tee up @lloyd_isgrove before having a go himself, but his scuffed effort is held. #saintsfc [0-0]

9: Lovely turn of pace from @Nathaniel_Clyne before he crosses from the right, only for Pellè to head wide under pressure. #saintsfc [0-0]

10: All #SaintsFC so far as Pellè combines nicely with James Ward-Prowse to play in McQueen, but goalkeeper Foderingham clears. [0-0]

11: Chance for Clyne as Pellè holds the ball up then plays it to the right-back, but his shot is parried by Foderingham. #saintsfc [0-0]

----

Pelle. Involved.

Jack Cork will hopefully establish himself this season. Dude looks to be the next Lampard.

Wilbur

Banned
4: Almost an early chance for @GPelle9 as he nips between #STFC right-back Nathan Byrne and ‘keeper Wes Foderingham. #saintsfc [0-0]

5: Pellè looking dangerous as he looks to tee up @lloyd_isgrove before having a go himself, but his scuffed effort is held. #saintsfc [0-0]

9: Lovely turn of pace from @Nathaniel_Clyne before he crosses from the right, only for Pellè to head wide under pressure. #saintsfc [0-0]

10: All #SaintsFC so far as Pellè combines nicely with James Ward-Prowse to play in McQueen, but goalkeeper Foderingham clears. [0-0]

11: Chance for Clyne as Pellè holds the ball up then plays it to the right-back, but his shot is parried by Foderingham. #saintsfc [0-0]

----

Pelle. Involved.

Ten goals max. truss

TrueBlue

Hope we get a Chelsea Liverpool pairing in this seasons Champions league. Those games were so awesome a few years ago.

They actually were, it just got a bit tiresome how we almost always drew each other. :lol

Seriously though, those ties had almost everything.

K1LLER7

Evra :*(

Guess the delay in the transfer was so he could move into Vidal's old house in Turin and Vidal can now move into Pat's. Also, Woodward's coming back so he can get a picture.

Hindle

Banned
They actually were, it just got a bit tiresome how we almost always drew each other. :lol

Seriously though, those ties had almost everything.

The game that ended 4-4 was madness. Every year, they both used to meet, plus the Benitez Mourinho rivalry was awesome.

K1LLER7

Not feelin it right now boo, I'm marathoning Orange is the New Black

Almost halfway through s2 now it's some good shit
OITNB is meh. Stopped after 8 episodes.

On the other hand, I finished 'Cowboy Bebop' recently. Really enjoyably episodes, great characters but the main story felt lacking. Can see why so many people like it, but I still prefer 'S.Champloo'.

Barzul

lol sorry. buying a xbox one is probably the most stupid decision in anyones life. seriously. how can anyone be so wrong????

Wtf. I own one. Until the PS4 can control my cable box the Xbox One will be my console of choice. And yes I like TV and pay for cable. Besides there's Halo, but I'm guessing you don't care about that or you wouldn't have written that post.

arkon

OITNB is meh. Stopped after 8 episodes.

On the other hand, I finished 'Cowboy Bebop' recently. Really enjoyably episodes, great characters but the main story felt lacking. Can see why so many people like it, but I still prefer 'S.Champloo'.

That OP though. Legendary.

Barzul

Liverpool v Chelsea matches are going to be fantastic this season because of the huge animosity that has built up recently.

Besides the Gerrard slip, what else is there. I think our games will be more tasty, due to Sanchez and the fact that we got destroyed at Anfield last season.

Barzul

Seriosuly there's Arsenal fans whining on twitter about lack of signings. We're on course for 3 players in 3 weeks with a month left to go in the window. Fans can be incredible sometimes. It's like no one remembers the days we were signing Chamakh on free transfer. If the window closed next week, it'll still be in our top 3 of the past decade.

Salvadora

Besides the Gerrard slip, what else is there. I think our games will be more tasty, due to Sanchez and the fact that we got destroyed at Anfield last season.
That was a pretty huge humiliation, plus the Mourinho factor.

Our games won't be as exciting as we will comfortably beat Liverpool both at home and away.

/jtb

wedward

Seriosuly there's Arsenal fans whining on twitter about lack of signings. We're on course for 3 players in 3 weeks with a month left to go in the window. Fans can be incredible sometimes. It's like no one remembers the days we were signing Chamakh on free transfer. If the window closed next week, it'll still be in our top 3 of the past decade.

The idea of Arteta or Flamini starting terrifies people. If we bring in a DM and CB I think the majority of fans will be satisfied and think this was a good window. Still could do with a striker, but I don't think there are many available that are better than what we have.

That was a pretty huge humiliation, plus the Mourinho factor.

Our games won't be as exciting as we will comfortably beat Liverpool both at home and away.

/jtb

Our best 11 is better than their best 11. Arsenal being able to field their best 11 is the questions mark though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guys remember when David Moyes managed United and Tim Sherwood managed Tottenham?

I still can't believe that actually happened. Next you'll be telling me that Max Allegri is managing Juve.

wedward

tbf, we shouldn't be humiliated by City, Chelsea & Liverpool regardless of whether Arteta/Flamini plays.

Of course not. Every player is at fault for those games.

In all three games Arteta was dominated. Definitely our weakest player in those games I think.

Suen

Bankia approved the sale, and they own all the debt. All the Valencia board can do is take matters into court. Nothing is settled yet but the courts should favor Bankia. The only thing that could kill the deal is Peter Lim himself if he thinks it's become too much of a hassle.

http://www.abc.es/local-comunidad-valenciana/20140702/abci-venta-valencia-201407021958.html

In fact, Rodrigo and Andre Gomes are owned by Peter Lim and both players should be coming to Valencia soon, he doesn't own the club yet and is already making moves.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/13/primera/1405242345_806385.html
Very interesting, wasn't aware of the more recent developments. Thank you.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If anyone here plays FUT on pc and needs some coins let me know!

For free of course

omgkitty

Fabregas looks terrible!

BtFz6LHIEAAywKA.jpg:large

EmiPrime

These people don't live in the real world. It's looking like we'll sign 4-5 first team players this window (depending on if Vermaelen stays) which is plenty.

Any other Arsebros here listen to the Arsecast Extra? So good.

Yep I have been following Arseblog (and the podcast) pretty much since it started.

Salvadora

No wonder we didn't bring Cesc back.

Can't have someone looking like that at Arsenal. Christ, Chelsea have an ugly team.
Of course not. Every player is at fault for those games.

In all three games Arteta was dominated. Definitely our weakest player in those games I think.
I'm hopeful that Walcott and Sanchez's pace will prevent us from being pressed so high up the pitch by the bigger teams this season.

Going into this summer, DM was always the signing that I was most worried about pulling off. And I still am.

omgkitty

Yep I have been following Arseblog (and the podcast) pretty much since it started.

Him and James are so good together. I've always liked Andrew as he's very grounded and doesn't tend to buy into all the bullshit that goes around. Thankfully, in the Arsenal blog community we have a lot of level headed people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom