• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo86

I don't buy into the rumours, buy there isn't usually so much smoke without there being a bit of fire. If the deal doesnt happen I would bet it was in the table in some form.

Horsey I'm worried about the lack of links too but I HOPE it is because we are playing things quiet rather than briefing everyone and their mother. I'm clinging onto hope anyway...

Theses links to Cavani make no sense now that we have Costa. I don't think he's going to want to play second fiddle to him or out on the wing again, so what's the rationale of signing him? Are we changing to 4-4-2 or something? fuck

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Are you sure?

Nothing official of course, but rumours right, left, and center about him moving for £47m. Some are even saying he has passed a medical!
He's in Italy.

Unless their medical was a questionnaire sent by email

BabyishDismalDamselfly.gif

Better quality.

Salazar

He's in Italy.

Unless their medical was a questionnaire sent by email

We asked you to test him on our behalf m8

Because you have a history of selling damaged goods (I don't have anyone in particular in mind, but I'm going to let your guilt settle on some candidates).

Theses links to Cavani make no sense now that we have Costa. I don't think he's going to want to play second fiddle to him or out on the wing again, so what's the rationale of signing him? Are we changing to 4-4-2 or something? fuck

It's not going to happen, but really with the amount of matches a club like Chelsea has during a season, at least two competent strikers should be had. Torres is not that. Drogba is old as fuck. Look at how many strikers City got. :(

It's not going to happen, but really with the amount of matches a club like Chelsea has during a season, at least two competent strikers should be had. Torres is not that. Drogba is old as fuck. Look at how many strikers City got. :(
Yeah, good point. That's exactly why I would have liked to get Mandzukic, who would have been the perfect target man on a sexy Fabregas or Hazard or Oscar pass.

Nicktendo86

I really think Vidal to Man Utd is coming. Too many noise about that transfer that just won't stop.
I have no doubt that his agent is pushing for it (as he will get a bumper pay rise I am sure) but the stumbling blocks are Juve unwilling to do business and us being tight arses. I would also bet LVG is going insane at Woodward right now.

Jarnet87

I really think Vidal to Man Utd is coming. Too many noise about that transfer that just won't stop.

I hope. Given our track record with these massively inflated transfer sagas I think most don't see it happening. I think the only saga that ended with us getting the player was Berbatov lol, and that because Levy was just playing hardball, he knew Fergie had gone senile and just held out for the most cash. Lucas Moura, Thiago, Sneijder, etc. all drawn out failures.

Not really looking forward to starting the season with Drogba and Torres as backups. Still hope that we can either sell/loan Torres and bring someone half decent in, wouldn't mind someone similar to Bony or around that level of player.

Yeah, I'm surprised Mou didn't make more of an effort to keep Lukaku. It'd be hard to get him to stay though, since he really needs to be playing as much as he can.

Chelsea are bound to get a striker in for about 25 million though, right now if Costa got a bad injury you'd be fucked.

Sneijder, Hazard, Ozil, Thiago, etc...

Noise means nothing

Not when the noise dies down after a week. Those Barca-Suarez, Arsenal-Sanchez noise was as loud as this, and look how it turned out.

How long has this been rumored now? I'm guessing that Manchester United and Vidal is definitely interested in this happening, but they have to sort it out with Juventus first.

Jarnet87

Not when the noise dies down after a week. Those Barca-Suarez, Arsenal-Sanchez noise was as loud as this, and look how it turned out.

How long has this been rumored now? I'm guessing that Manchester United and Vidal is definitely interested in this happening, but they have to sort it out with Juventus first.

Noise and United transfer do not a match make.

Believe in Vidal and his hideous haircut.

Salvadora

The difference between those transfers and Vidal to United is that reputable sources backed them up.

Italian tattle is all this is.

Nah it was his last season with us that started it all.

I freaked him out talking about his hair once. He was at the Arsenal store for a shirt signing session in 09 and I asked him what products he used to keep his hair in place during the match. He laughed awkwardly and said he didn't know and that they were just there
lying prick
. He gave me a weird look as I walked off unsatisfied by his answer.

Chelsea are bound to get a striker in for about 25 million though, right now if Costa got a bad injury you'd be fucked.

Chelsea also got 19 players that counts as foreign though, while the max is 17. Which makes Lukaku going out even worse, as he was homegrown. The dream would be Torres and either Romeu out on loan or Mikel out permanently. Then need to get rid of one more to be able to get another foreign player in... Which would most likely be Cech. :(

Sneijder to United rumors were worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom