• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't David Gold want to build the team around him?

LOL

Yeah, although that was before Ravel made it clear he's a petulant little shit who's got little in the way of backbone and throws his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way - Sam doesn't think he'll ever have the discipline to cut it at the top level and he's probably right, unless the guy makes major changes to his attitude. Sam's kind of stuck supporting him though when you've got Sullivan mouthing off to the press about how Ravel needs to be included in the squad, regardless of the manager's plans.

Elchele

I am indeed. Werder Bremen fan for ~20 years now. Tough times, tough times but we'll survive (hopyfully).
And following Arsenal for a few years now. Can't hurt that with Mertesacker and Özil two former Werder players are playing for the Gunners now, too. ;-)

Welcome!
Bremen are basically the german Stoke City now, thanks to Dutt. He's like a disease.

Yay, Germany won the Euro U19. Wasn't to be expected after the best two players (Max Meyer and Leon Goretzka) missed the tournament. But still some good display of talent by Germany (Stendera, Stark, Kempf, Mukhtar, Brandt, Selke).

Elchele

Brandt is something else. Can't believe Wolfsburg let him leave, and can't believe they didn't give the kid a chance ahead of fucking Vierinha and the dortmund reject

jtb

Banned
I haven't played either of those games but haven't they been used as recent examples of less buggy Obsidian games on launch. I know Dungeon Siege 3 certainly has in a few of the threads on gaming side.

I think with how complex it's purported to be with regards to choice and reactivity, it's always going to be buggy. That said hopefully the beta helps them fine-tune the game as much as it did Larian with Divinity.

That's the hope. Also, Alpha Protocol, they literally ran out of money I think and New Vegas, they ran out of time—so you can understand why those games were horrifically buggy upon release. hopefully scaling down the tech a bit, having the flexibility of crowd funding and being able to fine tune it should make it a pretty polished product on launch.

What game is this?

Pillars of Eternity

Stubo

"Costa Rica midfielder Jose Miguel Cubero has agreed to join Blackpool, subject to a work permit being granted."

"The signings of defender Peter Clarke, midfielders Jacob Mellis and Tomasz Cywka on Monday, plus the arrival of striker Nathan Delfouneso on Tuesday, have swelled that number but they are still without a senior goalkeeper."

BBC Sport

Come on guys, get the deals done! Even worse than saints!

LTWheels

Someone post the new LFC bunch of mates photo. I'm on a bus.

It's jokes.

This?

Bt43wS6CAAEp37R.jpg

omgkitty

Yay, Germany won the Euro U19. Wasn't to be expected after the best two players (Max Meyer and Leon Goretzka) missed the tournament. But still some good display of talent by Germany (Stendera, Stark, Kempf, Mukhtar, Brandt, Selke).

Wait...so why wasn't Gnabry in the squad?

Welcome!
Bremen are basically the german Stoke City now, thanks to Dutt. He's like a disease.

Wouldn't blame Dutt as the drop in quality already began under Schaaf/ Allofs. Too much wasted money on mediocre players like Wesley, Carlos Alberto, Ekici and Arnautovic who's a good player but also an idiot. ;-)

Manager

Germany Euro U19 champions, 1-0.

He also wasn't announced at Porto's presentation to the fans. Jackson Martinez was also on vacation but his name was announced through the speakers. Mangala is definitely gone from Porto.

Now for the most important match of the day. Go Portugal!!!

Thanks, guess they'll announce it Monday morning then before the stock exchange opens.

Probity

Wouldn't blame Dutt as the drop in quality already began under Schaaf/ Allofs. Too much wasted money on mediocre players like Wesley, Carlos Alberto, Ekici and Arnautovic who's a good player but also an idiot. ;-)

It didn't help that you guys were losing your stars a while back. I feel bad for you guys, really. Being a Bayern fan makes me feel bad at times for the other teams. At least you have the credit for Özil's success as a player. I love watching the replays when he was still over there. Though that may have been partly from the kit being pretty nice too.

Zabojnik

I will buy it

for

sure

#GOTY

fuck TLOU

You're quickly becoming my favourite poster, cartoon_soldier. Now if only you had an avatar ...

I really really hope that by keeping the tech side of things pretty simple Pillars of Eternity won't be a buggy, unpolished, borderline-unplayable mess. because I love Obsidian but they have Bethesda-tier QA

I don't see this being a big problem with PoE, tbh. Low(er) tech, public beta + they don't have a publisher breathing down their necks and could probably easily delay the game by a month or two, if it needed it. New Vegas had an absurdly short development cycle for a game of that magnitude, only 18 months or so.

fuenf

Brandt is something else. Can't believe Wolfsburg let him leave, and can't believe they didn't give the kid a chance ahead of fucking Vierinha and the dortmund reject

yep he showed some amazing skillz in the last 15 minutes of the game. wow, just wow... might be the most talented of this young generation (including Meyer and Goretzka).

Yeah, although that was before Ravel made it clear he's a petulant little shit who's got little in the way of backbone and throws his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way - Sam doesn't think he'll ever have the discipline to cut it at the top level and he's probably right, unless the guy makes major changes to his attitude. Sam's kind of stuck supporting him though when you've got Sullivan mouthing off to the press about how Ravel needs to be included in the squad, regardless of the manager's plans.

I'd say it was foolish regardless, since there was very little chance of Morrison sorting himself out, as has been proven now (assuming he's guilty (which he is))

He's fucked in the head, he'll never change. He's way beyond 'questionable attitude and personality' like Sterling, he's a despicable thug scumbag cunt, and more trouble than he's worth to any team. Him and Nile Ranger should join Leeds.

Isn't he still recovering from a knee injury?
Oh, Timo Werner was missing as well. I'd say Werner, Goretzka and Meyer are better players than Gnabry at the moment. But losing Gnabry still was a loss ofc.

It didn't help that you guys were losing your stars a while back. I feel bad for you guys, really. Being a Bayern fan makes me feel bad at times for the other teams. At least you have the credit for Özil's success as a player. I love watching the replays when he was still over there. Though that may have been partly from the kit being pretty nice too.
Ah, miss the "old" times with Özil and Diego in our midfield. When Özil left, Schaaf wanted Marin & Hunt to fill out his roll. What a fail. I'm not even mad as it was a spectacular fail at least.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?

Germany was basically missing almost their entire first lineup with guys like Gnabry, Max Meier, Leon Goretzka, Timo Werner, Avidjaj, Niklas Süle, Jonathan Tah or Sinan Kurt.
Mostly because these players are already a part of their respective team and weren't released by them for this tournament.

Just shows how beastly this generation is to comfortably become European Champions while missing 8 of their best players.

They should easily win the U20 World Cup next year if those players participate.

GQman2121

Banned
Hazard has some terrible facial hair too, but I don't think what Griezmann is rocking there qualifies as a beard. I think he just missed a spot. At least I hope so.

Scum

Picked up Divinity. Will be there for Pillars of Eternity as well.

Look at you, Hitch? I remember you complaining about keyboard + mouse control setups. I bet you've got the D&D lingo down to a T, as well now, innit.

NEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDD! 😘

Picked up Divinity. Will be there for Pillars of Eternity as well.

Look at you, Hitch? I remember you complaining about keyboard + mouse control setups. I bet you've got the D&D lingo down to a T, as well now, innit. NEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDD! ��

Inventory management is a bore no matter how you control it

Have to say though, can't overstate the comfort afforded by being able to use a controller while holding your body in a comfortable position. After an hour or so, using KB+M starts to feel uncomfortable for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom