• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Gaal only wants Strootman

Yurt gets to pick my Avatar

mwrfiyA.gif

Barzul

One recurring them we've heard about Wenger's transfer dealings this summer is that he's been ruthless. He won't hesitate to bin players he doesn't feel he needs. Look what he did with Jenkinson, who probably thought he was baout to get his chance. Signed Debuchy and Chambers and shipped him off to West Ham.

wedward

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 2m
Jenkinson is the next Phillip Lahm. Understand West Ham's excitement.

jtb falls more in love every day.

Barzul

I though Jenkinson was being loaned? that doesn't strike me as ruthless

With an option to buy him. And what do you think signing two players ahead of him in his position after his only competition for the past 3 years left should be called?

wedward

Too many journalists are talking about Quintero for there not to be something up.

I'd be fine with replacing Podolski with Quintero, but I think getting rid of Santi would be a mistake. Don't necessarily think Santi is a starter in this squad, but he is a good player to have.

Barzul

Too many journalists are talking about Quintero for there not to be something up.

I'd be fine with replacing Podolski with Quintero, but I think getting rid of Santi would be a mistake. Don't necessarily think Santi is a starter in this squad, but he is a good player to have.

Did you see Dean's tweet from 4 days ago?

Is Eric Dier any good?

He´s turned into quite a little cunt. We were trying to renew the contract with him and his father pulled a contract that was signed with the previous administration that said we had to sell him if a 5M€ offer appeared and that Eric wasn´t willing to stay even if we offered him the same salary as Spurs.
He´s got potential, he´s quick with an above average technique for a CB and he´s quite a decent free kick taker but he´s not been used as much as expected in a past 2 years and still makes too much mistakes in the back.
Still, he could turn into a quite a good CB with a bit of work.

Salvadora

None of them are based in the UK, which concerns me a bit.

Or Portugal.

You'd think trying to sign a Porto player would be akin to lighting a journalistic bonfire.

Arnie

He´s turned into quite a little cunt. We were trying to renew the contract with him and his father pulled a contract that was signed with the previous administration that said we had to sell him if a 5M€ offer appeared and that Eric wasn´t willing to stay even if we offered him the same salary as Spurs.
He´s got potential, he´s quick with an above average technique for a CB and he´s quite a decent free kick taker but he´s not been used as much as expected in a past 2 years and still makes too much mistakes in the back.
Still, he could turn into a quite a good CB with a bit of work.
If there's one thing I rate Pochetino for it's polishing a player. Could be a shrewd signing. Could also be a Dawson shaped disaster.

wedward

Neither Cazorla or Podolski are good enough.

Nor is Debuchy.

I don't think anyone thinks he is in our best 11. He is certainly good enough to be on the bench. When he played in his best position he was great. On the wing not so much.

Debuchy will be fine. Don't think he is going to push us over the top but he isn't going to hold us back.

Zabojnik

Quintero is exactly the player Arsenal need.

Have to say though, can't overstate the comfort afforded by being able to use a controller while holding your body in a comfortable position. After an hour or so, using KB+M starts to feel uncomfortable for me

Yeah, which is why I'm currently looking into ethernet HDMI extenders, couch masters and the like. The ever elusive dream of console gaming comfort + superior PC performance / games is getting closer!

wedward

I have never seen Quintero though. If people think he is an upgrade over Santi and we can finance Quintero by selling Santi I am all for it.

I'll miss his smile.

I'd prefer to sell Podolski. We can hire him for PR or social media or something.

jtb

Banned
With an option to buy him. And what do you think signing two players ahead of him in his position after his only competition for the past 3 years left should be called?

didn't know that there was an option to buy, that's very disappointing.

Neither Cazorla or Podolski are good enough.

Nor is Debuchy.

I agree.

Cazorla is a good player but one who is very poorly matched for this league. The day Podolski stopped tracking back on the wing, he ceased to be of any use to this team.

Fuck Debuchy.

Carbonox

Schalke Cup at the weekend will be a fun test for Newcastle and the new/young players.

Got Malaga on Saturday and then Schalke on Sunday. West Ham are also in it for some reason. Fucking mongrels.

If there's one thing I rate Pochetino for it's polishing a player. Could be a shrewd signing. Could also be a Dawson shaped disaster.

Pochetino will have to manage him well mentally. Dier was expecting to automatically become a starter last season, especially when we bought Mauricio who was playing in the lower leagues in Brazil. Unfortunately for Dier, Mauricio turned out to be a good CB and made a great partnership with Rojo. In the few times Dier played, he wasn´t as impressive as in his first season on the main squad.
There were rumblings before the start of the pre-season that Dier was unhappy for the lack of playing time but things seemed to calmed down when he played almost ways on the pre-season with the probable starting team for the season. Then we bought a young CB from Lyon, Rojo arrived saying he wanted to stay here and suddenly the rumors of Dier leaving soon came out.
I think Dier will have a tougher time getting playing time at Spurs than at Sporting but he clearly wants to get the fuck out of here so good luck to him and good riddance.
If selling him means there´s a bigger probability of keeping Rojo, I´m fine with that.

omgkitty

Jimmy Chilides ‏@Jimmy_Chilides 1m

Sami

Jimmy Chilides ‏@Jimmy_Chilides 1m

Khedira

COOL BRO....why do people have to tweet like that?

wedward

Not going to be scoring any goals on the left wing.

He scored 12 from the wing last season.

AFCPressWatch™ ‏@AFCPressWatch 7m
Atleti Chief: "Many names have been mentioned, but none of those players, neither Cazorla, Callejon, Torres nor Chicharito.... " #AFC 1/2

AFCPressWatch™ ‏@AFCPressWatch 6m
Atleti Chief: "....none of those players are on our agenda. If we sign another player, it won't be any of them. #AFC #Arsenal 2/2

Lightning

Banned
Best of luck to Jenkinson. Hope he gets a solid string of games under his belt which will do him the world of good.

Come back to us at the end of the season buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom